The Day After Ever After: A Cinderella Story (First draft entirely complete as of 7/10/22, latest update 8/7/22! Word count is 207,342 including commands. Releasing 11/3/22!)

I had absolutely switched up the timely temp variable so that the dally people were on time and the on time people were late. I don’t normally do bugfix updates, just big ones when the story has gotten a new chapter, but in this case it was a pretty big flub so I updated Dashingdon. Any code snoopers can see a sliver of the next chapter as well, although none of it is currently playable.

3 Likes

I think the save system is broken, it just says bad slot

1 Like

Sorry, forgot an asterisk. It’s good now.

1 Like

Thanks, loving the story so far!

1 Like

Glad to hear it, thanks for reading! The segment I am working on now is something I also had in Parenting Simulator, a chance to just slow down and have a day where you pick what you want to do and who you want to do it with. It’s not going to help with all the spread this story has so far, especially after the last chapter, but I like having these moments to make the small things count. Plus, the next chapter after that should help, since it will not have a ton of spread beyond being fairly different depending on whether you are Cinderella or the prince.

2 Likes

I enjoy content of this nature.

4 Likes

I’m glad! I feel like a lot of people do, because sometimes games are like life and we just want a break from the constant action. Granted, in this case ‘action’ is defined as palace intrigue and relationship drama (and trauma), but that can be as exhausting as any extended battle scene. Maybe more so.

4 Likes

Any intensity is a challenge.

From your past writing, I have total faith in you… just let me know when you want the content tested and I’ll do so.

1 Like

These pop culture references are so unsubtle and corny and I’m loving them

ETA did prince charming just quote Rick and Morty at me

3 Likes

It is! The King has a high opinion of my MC, and actually listens to her when she has an angry outburst at the table against the stepmother.

2 Likes

Yes! Even though he is “supremely annoyed” with her timing and method, loved it.

1 Like

What sort of accent is Duke Smythe supposed to be speaking in…? Because for some reason I keep reading it as a 50/50 mix of a deep American southern drawl, and a heavy Scottish brogue.

Might be the alcohol but it took me a min to realize it was any form of English at all :rofl:

1 Like

Deep Southern drawl is about right. I based it a little off of a man I have known since I was a wee lad, a family friend and neighbor whose combination of a thick Southern accent and propensity for muttering have made it so that even now, having known him for about thirty-five years, I still only pick up about every third word he says. I’ve literally lived in Georgia all of my born days and never heard someone whose accent was this thick before or since.

Random bit of personal trivia: I don’t have much of an accent myself. The curious case of a born Southerner raised by two transplants from Pennsylvania and Maryland that relocated shortly after my older sister was born.

5 Likes

Just found this today and must say that this looks phenomenal. It will be interesting to see the development. One thing I wanted to ask is that if we will see any magical elements of the story?

1 Like

Funny you should ask. After the day off segment I am currently writing, next on the docket is to introduce the Fairy Godmother. This will be something very unusual, and will serve as the connecting bridge between this story and any other Day After Ever After stories I wrote in the future.

6 Likes

I was just watching Cinderella for the first time in years after playing Day After because I was feeling in a wicked stepmother, fairy godmother and glass slipper kind of mood, and then the movie made me want to replay. I suspect when it’s fully published this will become a rinse and repeat cycle.

3 Likes

Excellent! Now just don’t think about how the last ten minutes of that movie were retconned out of existence by the third one’s time travel paradox.

4 Likes

I was honestly okay with that. Third movie is unironically a masterpiece. I mean…

a7081b8e5b9e87108b071e332bcbd99b

20 Likes

There is more than one Cinderella movie :scream: I neeeeeeed to know which are those

4 Likes

2 and 3 were straight to video ones. So, you know, adjust expectations accordingly. At least Jennifer Hale is the voice actress. Can’t go wrong with Bastila.

3 Likes