The Cryptkeepers of Hallowford — Sharpen your sword and save Hallowford!

We got a gauntlet in the first game, in the second we got a stone with unimaginable power, are we going to become Thanos in the last game?

4 Likes

Anyone find a way to get both the giant slayer sword and the chain mail armor?

Not possible. You only get either the sword or a knighthood from the Duke.

Welp, time to cry myself to sleep. Or try to figure out how to code, that will only take 3 years

1 Like

At one time (perhaps prior to an update) I did just this. It was my very first play session and it was my “cannon” character, so I don’t know when this was changed.

Edit: Unless you meant you can not get the armor and sword - I don’t remember doing that, or trying for that matter. The original question was about the sword + the armor - which is why I ended up doing this edit.

We may be talking about different suits of armor. The chainmail comes from knighthood, the coat of plates comes from Chapter 5.

I’m specifically talking about the “You wear the bright maille hauberk and surcoat of a Knight of Kendrickstone” armor. Minus the surcoat.

@Eiwynn do you remember how you got them

Wait the coat of plates, I haven’t even hear of that. How much of this game did I miss. How do we get it? I’m guessing Mandy since he has 100 magic items?

Chapter 5 in Kendrickstone, as a squire.

Oh, you mean the leather wrapped plates. Darn it I thought there was another magic item. Like a counter to the coat of blades. A coat that when struck turns hard as iron or something

As @Ramidel said, it’s not possible to get both.

@Cataphrak is Amberhelm part of the Northern Reaches or the Concordat? Are the Northern Reaches part of the Concordat or are the surrounding areas “ungoverned” like the Iron Marches?

Part of the purpose of the map is to show just how small and precarious the Concordat is. The Northern Reaches are the ungoverned, unexplored, and comprehensively dangerous remnants of part of the Flowering Court, and they extend pretty much to within 70-80 km of the coast.

Amberhelm, being on the coast itself, is a city in the Concordat though.

4 Likes

Do people live there?

Yes, but only in the sense of a few fortified hamlets. Unlike the Sorcerous Wilds (with its open farmland and the quickest route to the Nizam-i-Khazar) and the Iron Marches (with its reliable iron deposits), there’s really no reason to settle there except for fish and timber.

3 Likes

@Cataphrak Is there ever going to be consequences for keeping the sword of kendrick giant-slayer, like how the book of mad whispers is slowley taking over your mind?

Negative consequences?
Yes.
Just not yet.

2 Likes

Alternatively, it’s possible for a non-squire to get the hardened leather armor with steel plates. You need to already have leather armor, you need to collapse the tunnel, and you need to not side with the Cryptkeepers (and not go completely solo). Then there’s an alternate entry to the catacombs (though you need to be very persuasive to take that route if you’re not with Sir Michael), and you can raid for equipment the bodies of the adventurers who died after you collapsed the tunnel. Not a particularly good option, IMO, since armor with plates is often no better than regular leather armor. (Also, the potential benefit from standing and fighting is significantly better than from collapsing the tunnel.) It is, however, the only option for an MC without Dame Mildred as a mentor to get higher quality armor.

2 Likes

You’ll essentially get the responsibility of keeping it safe since, you know, it’s no longer in a dungeon warded to be more impenetrable than Fort Knox.

Expect thieves.

1 Like

@Cataphrak What is Master Isan’s willpower stat? Is it safe to assume that it is around 6, as that is when the MC is able to match Dame Mildred while sparring ?

Estel can you tell me what benefit is there to not collapse the tunnel, most of my attempts in Hallowford end up getting me no benefit either in cash or stats. l almost end the game with just the crystal at the end with nothing else, feels kinda unsatisfying

also how do you do a solo run i never get that option no matter how hard i try.