The Changeling Exchange - WIP updated July 2,2021

So far so good! Definitely has my attention

2 Likes

I really liked the demo and all the ROs are interesting, so I flirted with them all lol. Karma is definitely going to catch-up with my MC but for now I’m going to just relax and enjoy the drama. :popcorn:

7 Likes

Story and character good just one problem for me the title, i mean the mc is not a changeling… unless i missed something where is the child we replace ?
still look for future update .

2 Likes

Thanks for reading and great question! You are definitely thinking ahead. The “exchanged” ones won’t be met until near the end of the story. They do exist and will be accounted for, you will meet their surrogate Fae parents first, but it hasn’t happened yet.

5 Likes

I just played the demo and it is awesome! I hope you finish this. It is different and I am completely hooked. Thank you.

2 Likes

Is it worth replaying for the little update?
I have seen it’s very very small, so I’m unsure about it?

1 Like

Just posted an update, adds a very few words that significantly add to the plot (looking at you, Gavin/Gwen), updated spelling and grammar, made a few additions to ‘flavor’ text and added a flirt for R in one of the prologue choice sets and a new K interaction. Also added save system and fixed a couple stat issues.

11 Likes

Probably not, just wanted to add a little something while implementing changes. A new plot point is revealed, but nothing you can’t live without until next big text update :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Can you say whether there will be poly possibilities in this game? There are so many wonderful RO’s. I can’t choose! This is cruel and unusual! haha

8 Likes

Ha, ha. I’m thrilled you would like to love more than one character :heart_eyes:. I’m thinking through the potential poly relationships. My goal is to have at least one but no promises yet, I’m not super confident writing them but really want to try. The only thing I’ll reveal now is that if I do poly, it won’t involve N and R but I can’t elaborate now cuz spoilers. Also, there is still one RO that hasn’t been introduced so…

@tangerine_skies this sounds amazing and I would love it but honestly I can’t even figure out how to include nice chapter headers/images yet :grimacing:. I am super tech-deficient, it literally took me weeks to figure out the very simple save feature (embarrassing, but the truth).

11 Likes

Okay, thanks, I guess I’ll replay either when I’m bored or when you’ll post the next bigger update, whatever comes first!
I won’t deny I’m curious about Gavin, but oh well.

Also, if you introduce poly, please don’t restrict any character to poly! :laughing:
Yeah, I really don’t like that, except in very few games.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Please let me know if you’d find practicing poly resources useful, or if you have questions and I’ll give my perspective and link to other things if that would help you get any more understanding of different ways things can work. Also, not sure if you saw it, but I know a composer who creates music that I think would be really good for your game. He’s just getting started, so he doesn’t have a public portfolio, but he plays a lot of folk instruments-- whistles, guitars, drums, etc. Things that could bring a lot of life to the forest scenes and fae world.

4 Likes

This is so really interesting and unique! In very much enjoyed the demo, looking forward to seeing more of it. <3

5 Likes

It should have been Gwen for me but the first option in the final choice reads

“Gavin?” I ask, hesitantly, “What does she mean?”"

5 Likes

Thanks! Fixed it.

1 Like

You’re not the only one, I thought Tyler was also Nax at first too, and I thoughtGavinwas actuallyRayf, and I kept thinking to myself Why is my characterthe only one that didn’t change? :sweat_smile:

PS, I really like this WiP so far and am looking forward to seeing more :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Freaking loved it! Can’t wait for more.

3 Likes

Wow! This, is absolutely amazing. I won’t lie, I’ll have to keep my eyes on this one for sure. But what the hell was that whole Madison oddeal about? Is it because our mother is such a relentless flirt and perv, and that affects our magic? Welp, I forgot about the thing at the start, with the warning about magical mishap, resulting in the kiss. Guess my first thought about it was correct :joy:

9 Likes

OMFG! This is the best and the most insane game I have ever played! :exploding_head: I can’t help but laugh hysterically at certain interactions between the characters :laughing: You are a genius my friend! I’m totally looking forward to seeing more of those people! Just take my money already :laughing:

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for your comments! I’m really happy you are enjoying the story and I can’t wait to reveal more.

Heh heh, you are exactly right. This is very Finlas-related :laughing:

Woohoo! I’m relieved the characters are resonating, I am having a great time writing them!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:i didn’t expect Tyler/Madison to be red herrings, but am enjoying that they are right now.

Definitely, if I do all ROs will still be individually romanceable.

13 Likes