The Changeling Exchange - WIP updated July 2,2021

Well could you blame us? Their personalities are very similar to Nax’s :sweat_smile: :rofl:

5 Likes

This is so good! Interesting setting and lore; I have always had interest in fae and changelling; curious to see how the story will progress.

1 Like

I like this, and I’m curious to see where it goes. I really liked how the stats were linked to the trade you wanted to do, that was clever. Super curious what Tyler’s deal is.

I found the exposition kind of jarring though, and kind of took me out of the experience. I think you could have gotten away with giving a lot less–There was a war amongst the Powers that Be, a bunch of people died (how long ago?) Because of that magic is disappearing, we need to stop it. That’s a concise background, and those are the stakes.

It sounds like MC had 9 months before becoming “human” to learn stuff, so a lot of the info we got in the Fae portion of the demo could probably be moved there.

Also, why did we need to learn the geography of the world first thing? What came after that which depended on us knowing that info in order to leave an impression? I don’t know what you have planned, but I didn’t feel as though any of the information helped me understand what happened after. If the geography lesson only exists to tell tell the reader that other lands exist, that was easily accomplished later when MC met people who weren’t local and learned where they were from.

I think a good balance is giving only enough info for whatever scene comes next to have meaning for the reader–For instance, the kids with the rhyme told me exactly how cool it was to see the dragon after, and that was well done.

You might try also delivering some of the information through dialogue instead, which also serves to tell the reader how a particular character feels about what they’re saying. For instance, we could learn what leaking is from the girls who bother MC, by ribbing MC about Rayf or just speculating to each other. Kazrin could talk more about all the dragons being killed, and he’d probably be angry about it, which would tell us how much he values his dragon.

I love worldbuilding, it’s my favorite part of any story I consume. I personally enjoy it more when I’m not given all the info, when I’m forced to speculate or I’m excited to get answers to questions the world has asked me. If you only give us what we need and very gradually build upon that, you make us hungry.

11 Likes

I am very intrigued. Can’t wait to see what else you’ve got in store for us. I’ll be keeping an eye on this demo. Great job, author!

3 Likes

This is beautiful I love it. I can not type any words that would express the sound I made reading this.

Fangirling aside, I like this and not just because I’m biased agains Fae related stuff. I was sold as soon as the MC woke up in the ‘real world’. 100% will buy when its finished in all its glory. …too much? :woman_shrugging:

I normally wait till post on threads have more hits but was curious about how Changelings would be used in this and now I’m ready to draw fanart. I also played the demo like seven times before typing this >.> I like how its written, it’s really easy to imagine what’s happening with your writing style and has the perfect level of humor so far. I snorted at the Tyler part and winced at Madison’s getting hit in the boob because I can relate.

I’m really looking forward to what this’ll become!!

6 Likes

This is really good!

3 Likes

Will we get to know the other parent of mc and the other parents not shown? Since We’ve only met K’s two parents

3 Likes
So this popped up when I tried choosing the "I don't like Kazrin" option

Edit: I only chose that option (and all the other ones) just to see what would happen. I still haven’t decided on which guy I like, honestly.

1 Like

Would it be possible to get a complete list of ROs? At least like name and gender and if they’re sexuality locked?

4 Likes

Do you have Tumblr? cuz I’d definitely follow ya

9 Likes

This is such an interesting concept!! And I’m seriously loving all the characters so far.

And I’m starting to suspect daddy dearest Finlas doesn’t like Nax because they’re cockblocking his OTP, MC/Rayf

And totally not for any other reason.

19 Likes

Really like what you have going so far. I thin this will be a great piece of work.

4 Likes

I loved this and I ended up flirting with or at least having my mc think that all the ros are attractive and normally even from the start i single one out. I probably will go with Kazrin in the end but wow all appealing RO’s

4 Likes

A very promising WIP. It’s engaging and I’m really looking forward to it. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

@VioletHikari thanks for catching that! Should be fixed.

@greendaisy the ROs are R, K, Nax and G. There may be one more but I’m considering going with just the current four. They are all gender flipable.

@Netherate lmao, you are pretty spot on there.

12 Likes

Hey love it buddy and waiting for future updates.

2 Likes

Hey, hope everyone is doing well. Updated the WIP today with the rest of chapter 1. Total length is now 25,000 words. Let me know if you find any errors and thank you for reading!

30 Likes

Love love LOVEEEE!!! OMG!! I’m in love already :joy::joy::joy: it’s a great demo and I was hooked right away. The characters and just how the story went was mesmerizing and I couldn’t stop reading. I was so into it that I didn’t even look for mistakes or anything. :joy::joy::joy: can’t wait for the next update though :wink: already looking forward to it :heart::heart:

4 Likes

The wait was worth it, loving it so far and I’ve already gone through every decision. Just wondering, do you have a tumblr because I can’t find the link if so. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Got an error when speaking with K.

1 Like