The Burden - Yet Another Typical Fantasy Adventure

Uhm this is a late april fools right, though the cat boy… patch ily.

This is… something else, alright.
And I don’t mean that in a bad way.
It just wasn’t what I expected when I clicked on the story called “Yet Another Typical Fantasy Adventure”.

A naked hero is a tough challenge indeed, and you actually handled that in a believable way.
Though I can’t help but notice that despite the humor there is still a lot of potential for woe and misery in there…

Anyway, a really great start. Can’t wait for you to write the rest of it, and to read more about my forced marriage with the wizard…

@Shoelip

I’ll be here all week.

ohhhhhh MY GDDDD THIS IS SO GOOD. THIS IS. SO GOOD. OGHGGGG

i can’t play through all of it right now i gotta get dragged out to shop but, eventually, i’d be glad to give this a thrice-over for any errors! actually, i’d be honoured

Love it and Need more!

I have weakness for good fantasy parodies-ish stories.

And speaking about, not wearing clothes, but jewelry is okay… - https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGUeQw1nLYp1G6t5sDrUOBUDlURrxmBgbXUxtnNjbdPKBH_O9r will i’m able to any point of the story get something like this? i couldn’t stop thinking about my character just wearing lot of jewelry of any kind to look fabulous! ^^

1 Like

Well there’s nothing in the story like that currently but I am adding new things constantly as I convert it to a game so I suppose I could accommodate small requests like this along the way if people like.

Well this is… different. Can’t say I like this whole Wizard marriage deal, will there be any way out of that?

Does a jeweled codpiece count as a garment or jewelry? :stuck_out_tongue:

So one thing I’m hoping is that the bandits mentioned in the description won’t be just suicidal psycho murderers that can only be dealt with by killing them. That’s the case in so many fantasy games, and it’s so stupid and dull.

@Shoelip, a psychopath is the best kind of enemy! Especially if you don’t want to kill them! Then they can become your archenemy who you can fight until the end of time like 80% of Batman villians.

So what you’re saying is that Batman doesn’t actually care about saving or protecting people, he just wants to dress up in a skin tight vaguely bat related costume and beat the crap out of people… yeah I guess I can see that.

2 Likes

This was the first time I have read a guy describe a girl as hunky…

Good point. But breaking typical gender roles are hardly ever a bad thing.

The characters in this game/story are so great! I liked how they reacted to my character being naked and that, on replays dialogue and stuff changes based on my gender/personality. Snarky and lively are my favorite. I can tell this is supposed to be funny, but it doesn’t feel like you’re trying too hard.

I think this is a good sign: at points in the game, I felt genuinely uncomfortable to be naked in my imagination. Like, Oferi’s badassness and badass armor made me actually self conscious. This might be boring of me, but is there a break the curse/clothes ending?

That’s why I want to live my dream in fiction because I can’t in real life

That brings up a good point. If you’re a male and attracted to someone… they’re going to know it.

Can’t really answer that without a major spoiler. So I’m going to say yes. Sort of.

Yes. Sort of.

Especially with the hormones of a teenager… :flushed: And yes this comes up later in the story.

I did what you see there. 8)

Are you going to allow us to personalize our character’s appearance?

Also will you add in physical, mental stats and their uses ( even if the uses only change the comments of certain characters ) later in the game?

Wooow, really enjoyed that demo, I’m guessing by your description there is no romance just flirting? Just making sure cause when the warrior guy said he wanted to protect my girls chastity I noped right out of there but maybe that wasn’t necessary…

So I guess there’s no way out of the Wizard marriage then. I find that part fairly unnerving