The Beastie Watch (WiP) - Updated 25 September

I’d rather we strap live poisonous frogs to our hands

5 Likes

Ah, okay. That makes a touch more sense to me now.

I can see all manner of issues with that from a Rascal’s perspective. Hard to pick locks when you’ve got claws and plates steapped to your hands. Not to mention the loss of manual dexterity due to the bindings…

2 Likes

It might be a possibility in the Beastie Watch world - the story does have lots of interesting beasties after all… but the more ideas you give @Fiogan the more her poor alpha readers have to suffer through :wink:

2 Likes

Haha, “suffer” you say. :wink:

1 Like

Yes you understand Mara… even if a real frog in a glove could confuse any rival

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Helvetti Rising

I think maybe we should just hook you up with poison lipstick if you’re going for the “confuse your enemies,” route. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, if I were @Fiogan and I was designing a glove based on your idea and @Blattella’s vision…

I’d have a casing on the forearm housing a horned toad, that when I issue a command will zap my enemies with his poisonous sticky tongue … or steal their weapon for my amusement…

but like I said… if we give @Fiogan this idea, she will dump 100,000 words on her alpha testers just on this one idea… :rose:

you think she’s going to throttle me yet?

4 Likes

I might, if she doesn’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s no confuse IS MY PERSONAL LEGENDARY WEAPON IN CYBERPUNK BLACK ROSE DEATH ice cherry gloss lipstick with a lethal doses of a antigenic component that makes anyone aroused become in fertilizer… I had a poisoning implant too in certain part of women anatomy but this is not the place to comment…

4 Likes

Oh my, there has been a party whilst I was away…Goodness, when one’s WiP thread is more tongue-in-cheek and chipper than one’s actual WiP. What inspiration!

Reggie would be jolly well furious if you pinched something of his and showed off with it in that sort of scenario. That would be bad, as he’s able to control whether you’re reassigned to another, er, less favourable Watch.

Frogs, hmmm. My favourite weapon so far has been the teddy bear so a frog is certainly not out of the question.

@Zolataya Your liveliness and sense of humour are wonderful. And I said, no throttling. Poison is its own game, however.

@Blattella Surely I can work that into a beastie…or one of the NPCs…sorry, poor alpha readers!

@BK64 Ah, I hadn’t realised a sap was quite so specific. ‘Cosh’ is a more flexible term (one can even use it as a noun or a verb!) All these bashing weapons still seem a bit strange to me for a rogue/assassin character, but I’ll find something fun. Fake but solid ‘golden’ candlestick? ‘Priceless’ metal statue stolen from a museum? Even a garotte would probably make sense…piano wire makes good garottes, I’m told. Hmm!

I could picture picking locks with a special ‘claw’ attachment that worked like a combined pick…it’d be a bit annoying, especially at first, but certainly possible with good wrist control, patience, and dutiful scrubbing.

@poison_mara Also poison lipstick sounds reasonable! Or poisoned nails, for the more subtle…there’s already a chance to acquire some poison-injecting jewellery, which whilst silly was quite fun to write.

All in all, some very fun ideas to consider whilst I work through this next battle. And a good bit of amusing discussion too–much obliged, everyone. I appreciate the encouragement and amusing scenarios.

8 Likes

@FairyGodfeather lol you mistake the advices to @Fiogan wip looking is fiogan who answered to our suggestions with the @Eiwynn ? Zolataya new personality as mosaic virgin. The weaponry advice is FOR THE BEAST IN WATCH OR WHATEVER IS CALLED i called it Teddy bear jelly.
Edit Nevermind I was mixing wips again the name they have and the name i give to them make me confused a lot

1 Like

@poison_mara Yes, just a few off-topic posts that were specific to @Eiwynn’s thread were moved to her thread instead.

Also I love, love, love the name “Teddy Bear Jelly”. That’s the best. Maybe I should change the official name too? :innocent: The teddy bear is actually a recurring gag, too.

@FairyGodfeather Thanks for helping us keep everything straight!

8 Likes

I second this. I love this name…

the other, I have mixed feelings on.

4 Likes

Teddy bear jelly is easy to remember however i don’t think would sell well people would mistake it with candy crush saga

3 Likes

At least it would go with “Fantasy Foods” for the day when that releases too… : D

8 Likes

Or they’d blush thinking naughty thoughts… just saying. Fiogan is blushing red enough to land planes in the bayou as it is so we better play nice tonight.

4 Likes

This is so fantastic! I’ve played through a couple of times (well, an embarrassing amount of times, really) just to see all the different iterations of situations Rascal gets into!

Is it possible to get all the Achievements thus far, though? I’ve been trying my hardest to get em all, but can only really get the Teddy Bear and Gambling ones!

4 Likes

This is because “Teddy Bear” fits her personality the best and “Gambling” represents one of her alpha testers that gives her a hard time in testing… :rose:

4 Likes

@Eiwynn Yes, that’s right, you behave. (;

@feiwalin This is the best thing you could possibly have said about a game of mine. You have officially brightened my day with a degree of magnitude roughly comparable to a supernova. Thank you!

Achievements: I think this is accurate to the competition version–I’m not exactly sure which achievements are current. You can currently also reach The Ghost Breaker and Eye for an Eye.

The ‘Clue’ achievements were from a scene that I was obliged to pull before the competition, because I hadn’t quite enough time to finish it. They’ll go back after about three more chapters…I should actually comment those out for now, probably. Thank you for pointing it out!

There are also a handful of new achievements in the version I’m currently building…so more soon!

I’m very proud to say that all the achievements are actually titles of films made in or before the 1930s. Hunting around for appropriate titles was awfully fun.

10 Likes