The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

Just wanted to let you know that I loved it!

1 Like

So, youā€™re telling me that I can play Sherlock Holmes, AND possibly uncover a secret assassin conspiracy?.. Come along Watson, THE GAME IS AFOOT!!!

12 Likes

i love this so much! the customisation is so detailed and thatā€™s so great! i love what youā€™ve done with it your writing style is very immersive and easy to read! i really like the choices and how everything is fleshed out! canā€™t wait for more <3

6 Likes

This is the first story I commented on I feel this one will be good :+1:keep up the good work

3 Likes

This is a dream come true. To play as sherlock. The story so far is amazing . Good luck to you.

5 Likes

This is so good! It looks like the MC canā€™t romance Moriarty, but i loved it so much anyway, i will keep an eye on this!

4 Likes

Aaahhh donā€™t know who I will want to romance. Lestrade and Adler seem both so tempting! Maybe also Watson

3 Likes

This right here captures how I personally like my stories on this forum, It has enough flaver text to make me create a character I will enjoy roleplaying as but as the story goes on it gives me room to explore the character and doesnā€™t lock me into a specific role. So in short I like the direction that the story is going so far. will keep an eye on it for the coming progress. :grin:

8 Likes

Itā€™s so well-written, Iā€™m in love. It feels very organic and the character customization feels like it has meaning.

5 Likes

I freaking love this . Itā€™s really well written. I donā€™t remember the last time I was this hyped for something just from the first demo . I will throw all my money to see this game completed. Best of luck with this .

3 Likes

@Starkness :joy: :joy: :joy:

@derekmetaltron Yeah, youā€™re probably right. Though some interactions could be funā€”I had an idea of an interaction where someone is rude to a female Sherlock or female Watson, and we get to set them in their place. But Iā€™d love to hear peoples opinions on this :slight_smile:

@Jeeshadow1 ā€œJust curious, regarding setting the ROs genders, if you choose bisexual, are they set to the ā€œcanonā€ gender for them? I mean besides Watson who you always pickā€

They will then be the ā€œcanonā€ genders, yes. (Except Hamish, who I rolled dice for.) I thought that the option where it says that ā€œgender does not matter to meā€ could invert those genders, though I know that does not make much senseā€¦

@Goddess :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

@Logan_T :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :joy: :male_detective: :female_detective:

10 Likes

@Chimmy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Thank you!

@maxpayan Whoa, Iā€™m honoured! :heart_eyes:

@Jumpy_hamster :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@Lady_Daya :zipper_mouth_face: :kissing:

@Jeeshadow1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope youā€™ll like Watson once youā€™ve gotten to know them! :slight_smile:

@Minty-Flower Oh wow, Iā€™m so glad you feel that way! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@tooweiss Aww, thank you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Fardil_Husain Wow!! Thank you!!! :blush: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I want to say thank you to everyone who liked/commented/read, this has been amazing, and everyone has been so kind! :heart: :heart: :heart: The response has by far exceeded my expectations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I will get back to writing immediately, but I canā€™t give a deadline on when the next update is just yet.

The final male painting (Hamish) is halfway done. And I was thinking of starting on the female Lestrade after that and would love to hear how you picture herā€”descriptions/words/pictures/feelings/moods/songsā€”I would love to paint a sort of ā€œcommunityā€ Grace Lestrade :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :relaxed:

27 Likes

I wanted to replay certain parts of the demo and I had made multiple saves throughout chapter 1 last night, but now every save file I load brings me back to the beginning of chapter 1. I donā€™t know if itā€™s a ā€˜me problemā€™ or if more people are having this issue. Itā€™s not a big thing but I just wanted to put it out there.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to my attention :relaxed: I have had some problems with the save feature, but sadly, Iā€™m not sure what is causing it. But Iā€™ll look into it!

2 Likes

If the author changes the startup file on Dashingdon, that often sends readers back to the start of the scene where they last saved. I think thatā€™s just an unavoidable part of how the save system works, sadly.

10 Likes

Interesting :thinking: but I havenā€™t changed that file since I posted the demo :sweat_smile: maybe I implemented the save system incorrectly?

*edit:
I couldnā€™t get the save system to work unless I put the *sm init line in the runnable part of startup. Iā€™m assuming that is how itā€™s supposed to be (and that itā€™s not just supposed to be at the bottom of the page)? But currently there is the sm init line, and then a page break and then the *finish. Could that be what is causing this?

5 Likes

I love this! Wonderful demo indeed - and I love the character portraits! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :sob::heart_eyes: I spent so long on those portraits :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

By the first impression, this wip reminds me of Study in Steampunk. I still miss Finch.

Brb Iā€™m going to try this now :running_man:

8 Likes