The 2024 Spring Thing is open! Ribbon Nominations are live! Free games to play!

Ribbon Nominations are live!

You may submit ribbon nominations here, after playing at least two games.

Note: Submitting nominations only requires a valid email address. There is no need to create an account with Intfiction (or anywhere else) to make the ribbon nominations.

The Spring Thing is an annual online festival celebrating new interactive fiction from all kinds of people. Judging runs from April 9 to May 11.

This year, we have two entries written in Choicescript, a first for the Spring Thing. Do feel free to play the games and participate in the nominations. All entries are free to play.

If you enjoy the ChoiceScript games, by all means, feel free to review them and vote them for some nice ribbons, but a gentle reminder to try out the non-ChoiceScript games as well. For us choice-based fans, there are also games in Twine, and if you haven’t tried parser games, now is a good time to give it a shot. The Spring Thing is an opportunity to build bridges, so let’s make it happen.

Try the games out here:

15 Likes

Speaking on behalf of the IF writer’s club here (thanks Eiwynn, Hannah, Jac, Felicity et al), I strongly encourage you to go try out the various games offered there. There is a wide variety of genres in a wide variety of systems. Plenty of Twine ones, that’s for sure. Those who have some experience in parser games can play those as well. Those not-so-experienced, you can give them a try.

Representing the CoG side we have: Chance (see above- Dragon of Steelthorne), Leia (Ink and Intrigue) and Autumn Chen. (Joey Jones had something in the pipeline but I don’t know what happened to it. I am saving my efforts for IFComp later in the year.)

Please do come up with some creative ribbon nominations!

And I hope to see more new writers come to the fore, and existing writers continue to hone their craft! There have been ten new WIPs launched in last month alone, and that is a good sign. It is time to take the next step in your IF journey!

5 Likes

You might want to check that link. :wink:

I had no idea we were the first CS entries! That’s fun to know. :dancer: I really like the laid-back vibe of Spring Thing and appreciate the chance to participate in the Back Garden. :herb:

4 Likes

Has anyone played this I’m kinda stuck after getting knocked of the carriage

If you have any questions, you can post them on the game’s itch page or the intfiction forums. Not all the intfiction folks have accounts here.

I can pass messages to them… entirely at my discretion.

I posted this in a private chat for Spring Thing participants, but the writer said that you’ll need to provide more specific details on the exact puzzle you’re stuck on.

1 Like

I actually got past that part! I didn’t think to detach both my arms. I checked out the page as well it helped.

1 Like

Spring Thing nominations are now live!

You may submit nominations for games you have played in the Spring Thing here. Be sure to come up with some really good ideas for ribbon nominations (Audience Awards). Please play at least two games before submitting your nomination (but it’s never a bad idea to try out as many as you can).

Edit: Submitting nominations only requires a valid email address. You will not be required to create an account with Intfiction (or anywhere else) to make the ribbon nominations.

4 Likes

Just popping in to say that voting is going very well, and we have quite a few votes.

But, interestingly, they’re very spread out. Around half the games have nominations for Best in Show, and no game has more than 1-2 votes.

So, if there’s a game you feel strongly about, make sure to vote, as your vote alone might be the deciding one!

Update from the Spring Thing. If you haven’t placed a vote, it could be the deciding one. Good luck!

2 Likes

Update over here: I’ve got all 33 entries reviewed. Final rankings out soon?

The voting is well underway, but since there are so many good ones this year, the votes are rather spread out.

Spoiler: Ink and Intrigue is currently number 4 on the rankings list.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s pretty amazing!

Funny, I didn’t think Ink would be ranked since it’s in the Back Garden. That was me trying not to be competitive. :rofl: Thank you for taking the time to review my game and all the others!

2 Likes

I think everyone has until about May11th right to vote/submit a ribbon nomination? So still about another 2 weeks if anyone around here would like to read them They’re free! (I’ve just been so busy I haven’t had a chance to read many of the entries yet but would really like to as there’s a number than I think I’ll like in there :smiley: )

3 Likes