Text based Racing game under development (The Debt):

Most street racers self-regulate classes anyways - lol.

Is this taking place in a real world setting or a made up setting like in one of the racing games?

Yup, i thought that too, i think ill make a fake city, the actual story was written on real city but it will be good to put a fake name .

3 Likes

love street racing, watched too much of the fast and furious movies, but still; I think it will interesting to read and different from what we have seen so far here. I hate to admit this, but I think we have a bit too much of the fantasy/magic genre which is being written so far (not aimed at anyone, just my opinion) so it would be a knew unique read and I for one would love to see how it will be planned and written.

1 Like

Updated title and summary, thanks to @DUNGEON_MASTER for his help in script writing

More sneak peaks soon!

2 Likes

I would be careful in using actual car brands - US trademark law requires trademark owners to actively defend their marks or they lose them.

I suggest altering spellings such that you are not using actual brands/marks but that they would be recognisable as to who you are trying to name.

1 Like

Changing spelling or name isnt a option, its entirely text based , people will mistake it for typo.

That said, ill look into this matter, if law permits, ill put the game back to work, otherwise ill have to bring the entire thing down, though it pains me to say, these are my only options.

since is text based you can always use the country name the car is designed and then just put details of the car, as long as the reader get enough info of the car, for example:

Lamborghini Aventador ( Just change it to Italy 1st tier manufacturer, then if is a Ferrari just use italy 2st manufacturer etc

Displacement 6,498 cc (396.5 cu in)
Max. power 700 PS (510 kW; 690 bhp) @ 8,250 rpm
Power to weight 432 PS (318 kW; 426 bhp) per tonne
Max. torque 689 NĀ·m (508 lbĀ·ft) @ 5,500 rpm
CO2 emissions 398 g/km
Combined fuel consumption 17.2 L/100 km (16.4 mpgā€‘imp; 13.7 mpgā€‘US)[17]
Performance 0ā€“97 km/h (0ā€“60 mph): 2.9 s

You knowā€¦even if i wanted to ā€¦i couldnā€™t

People wont realize its a lambo or ferrari unless they get a full name and if i write

There is the 12th version of morsche gt3 on street

Nobody will read my book anymore XD

Worse?

Mently Bentinental gt
Holorghini Mementor
Verrari notfast 812

XD

1 Like

it could be

Kently Bentinental gt
bamborghini mementor
Terrari notfast 812

these are cooler than your fake names ( lol ) but you are the author and decision must be yours

2 Likes

nah sounds horrible haha, id prefer country names of the manufacturer, i dont mind if i dont get what car is a lambo or Ferrari in the gameā€¦ as long as you put the details of the car like i did in in the example i writed before, i think thats enough for anyone who likes cars >D

1 Like

Another solution is make your game happens in other planet with two suns and that stuff . Then selling as any name similar to real life is pure coincidence. That or contact with each trademark asking for permission.

Or just using flying cars and going full sci fi. I meqn your idea is so good that could be used in many ways.

1 Like

Im already putting it in frictional city of goldport

I have prepared some parts for demo which ill hand to @DUNGEON_MASTER for scripting lets see what responses we will get.

I have changed various names of cars brand

YONDA for honda
Ferrar for ferrari
FD for ford
Mcseal for McLaren
Vmw for Bmw
Asaru for subaru
Dorm for dodge
Aveorlet for Chevrolet

It was a tough decision but i had to stick to the plan my friends gave me a lot of support and encourage ment (special thanks to @DUNGEON_MASTER)

Lets hope everyone likes the weird car names :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well,Dorm doesnā€™t make sense,just cause dorm means dormitory.

1 Like

Lol agreed, but im open to suggestions, its still not scripted (tomorrow it will) so suggest me some names

Btw how does Dodger sounds?

1 Like

How about Schivatore?its the Italian Of Dodger.

Its good but im looking for close resemblance to original name, so they sound or look similar so the user gets a idea that yeah he named bmw to vmw or Simply put the model name, i didnt put the Lamborghini name in my game i just named it venā€™tador in description i wrote its a italian bull, close enough to give people a idea that im talking bout lambo aventador.

1 Like

Why not make up your own cars?Be Innovative!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybeā€¦but its a text based gameā€¦people may have a hard time imagining lol

But ill include a few custom cars if possible thanks for your suggestions :wink:

How many teams are you planning to include??

Well @Black_Wraith_Panthom , I compiled a list for you(Countries to which the teams and cars belong are given in brackets)
Best Looking Car: Schƶn(Germany)
Sturdiest Car: Vƫshtirƫ(Albania)
Fastest Car: Nopeasti(Finland)
Easiest To handle Car: Elenchos(Greek)
Most Versatile: Bahamukh(Indian)
Lightest Car: Lys(Denmark)
Most powerful: Eadila(UAE)