Tally Ho — Only a perfect servant can solve a perfect mess!

Absolutely. You may have to work rather hard, but that route is not closed off to a soothing servant or a servant balanced in the middle.

4 Likes

I found this in search of Let’s Play videos for Tally Ho.

Also this:

Hey, since Wodenhouse’s books were adapted into a TV series, how about having one of us write “Tally Ho: The Christmas Special”?

Just imagine it: Rory tries to dress up as Santa to gain the neighborhood’s prestige, Inspector Ambrose embarks on a crusade against Saint Nicholas, Aunt Primrose invites everyone to the estate again, Frankincense talks about reindeer eating habits and we’ll have a chance to hear it all about Colonel Firesnuff’s misadventures in Malasya!

6 Likes

I think this is one of my favorites. Rory and Haze seem to take the cake, I was fully going to Rory, but I suppose Haze stole my heart from me without my consent. Second that christmas special, Regina appearing as the grinch role undercover is a possibility too.

1 Like

Oh, I just finished my first playthrough and I wanna congratulate @Gower on this masterpiece. Nothing short of magnificent, truly.

That said, it’s been a long while since a CoG has managed to get these many emotions out of me.

For example, my ever-burning, unmanageable fucking hate for Mopsie’s fucking antics with that untalented nut of a figaro-wanna be. I won’t lie and say that at some point I thought of romancing Mopsie, if only to break that poor sob’s heart in a trillion pieces. The ultimate cucking story.

On the other hand, my absolute, unbrittled contempt for Haze’s activities, alongside my disgust for Frank trying to strong-arm my poor Rory into one of her dolls that must behave however she wants. The only reason I let them be happy is because I noticed how much the optimistic Rory loved her.

Of course, there were also good feelings. For example, I absolutely adore Rory. He is very much a representation of me, if I had flipped nobility and rich when life assigned my roles.

All in all, awesome game, Gower. Truly.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tally Ho Spoilers Discussion

Very cool fan art of Haze. I can’t tell you how cool and inspiring this is.

19 Likes

This is the first game to make me laugh out loud since one of those Monkey Island games - and I have played the Baldur’s Gate series.

4 Likes

Very nice.

In my imagination, male Haze resembles '80s Pete Burns (with purple-streaked hair).

Another wonderful story @Gower :grin: I meant to post on this a while ago, but RL…I have been looking forward to this for a while now and it was even better than expected :grin: Rory is so delightfully daffy that I couldn’t help but fall for her, the shower cap part sounded exactly like something my girlfriend would do :laughing: Glad that I got to get a happy ending with her and would really love yo know what her Aunt wants with us in NY :grin: Also, the choice during the interview to say “everyone loves me” doesn’t seem to give stats, unless I’m missing something :thinking:

3 Likes

“Everyone loves me” gives %+15 soothing–easy to miss a bump in a bipolar trait, though!

I’m so glad you liked it! This is just what I needed to hear as I wrestle with the outline for the next game…

4 Likes

Will the next game use the same premise? Or will it be something completely different?

That is yet to be determined. I am torn between the desire to tell another story in this world with some new characters (and thus leave the endings of the first game untouched) and the desire to see what happens next to Rory and the MC. (And, of course, the other significant characters!)

4 Likes

Either one would be very interesting to me, and would play well to the strengths of Tally Ho!. I hope that whichever setting you choose, Regina’s niece (Trina?) would reappear. Her appearance as an older (and possibly more mature) agent would be a nice connection between the stories, and would save on your needing to create at least one interesting character.

2 Likes

Feel like a new story should be told. The there’s so many endings you’d have to account for and some of them are better left alone.

5 Likes

I would agree with @No_This_Is_Patrick . Maybe the old cast would make a cameo appearance in the next game instead just to see how they are holding up? Though we also have to consider the ending the the reader got from the previous game which would be nice. XD I would love to see how my MC’s married life with Frank is doing. :laughing:

5 Likes

@Gower Thank you so much for this game!! This is my most favorite game in all the choice games!!! I’m looking forward for your next stories! T w T

Oh um is it okay for me to draw comics of the route I did in the game? I’ll make sure to credit you! ; v ;

4 Likes

@Karen_Fong That would be amazing to see comics of your route! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!!!

; u ; !!! I’ll do my best! I’ll post it once I got it done!
I wish you a super duper happy day!!! and more so many happy days!!
You deserve it since you made many people so happy with your work! :'D

2 Likes

Read the long, long, negative review that was just posted on Steam for Tally Ho. (click the picture, not the “buy this”–uh, unless you want to buy it. I won’t stop you.)

I have a few bones to pick with it, but I also think they have a point; the publicity or the store pages or something should reference or thank Wodehouse. Wodehouse is still in copyright for a few more years (it’s not like Midsummer, where I also didn’t have a “thanks to Shakespeare page”) but I don’t know if that’s the issue so much as a perceived “too-closeness” to source material.

What do you think about this question of fan fiction/plagiarism/original work as far as CoG goes?

“How can you justify aping a set of texts so thoroughly and neglecting to mention them in either your introductory text or the ‘About’ section? It is presumably an attempt to avoid the possibility of a legal dispute, if it isn’t an attempt to present this work as original in its conception,” the writer asks, and I really can’t argue with that point of view.

There is a lot that I would change in the introductory text that I understand cannot be changed, or only changed with great difficulty, once the games are published, and I didn’t write that text or see it before publication. I don’t know if that is the case for the “About” text that also appears on the store pages, but at least I wrote that and that might be a good place to offer an acknowledgement.