Stronghold: A Hero’s Fate — Defend your people from invading monsters!

Just you.

3 Likes

Are you using the link, the search or the “more from this publisher”?

With AdBlock:

Without AdBlock:

noadblock

3 Likes

Okay, went on Google and searched and downloaded from there! Thanks!

I just straight up searched on Google Play and it never popped up even when I searched verbatim. But going to the Play Store from a Google search worked.

I played it few times. Good feeling to it.

1 Like

I love the Achievement names.
Cold Be Hand and Heart and Bone
What Has it Got in Its Pocketses?
Erised
Till Birnam Wood do Come to High Dunsinane

I love the magic in this game. The only other character who shared my MC’s interest in magic was probably the Lich which was a pity.

I too would have liked more development of the personal relationships. I knew very little of the personalities of the different potential ROs at the times when I was expected to choose who to court so I chose nobody.

Two of the feuds were foolish in a very one-sided fashion undeserving of sympathy. Ebbin blamed a healer for the death of a child even when other healers confirm that the utmost effort to save the child was made. Fram wanted to duel Mallosian for something their parents died doing and Mallosian had still been a child when it happened.

6 Likes

Pretty solid game, it had an interesting storyline, good characters and the writing was great as well. However, I do have some suggestions for the sequel or future stories you plan to make.

1. The way the main characters were presented could be improved a little bit, maybe giving them some kind of a more personal introduction. At first I didn’t know who was who, I didn’t know their gender, I didn’t know who the main character was or why he was friends with the other MCs.

2. I agree with people here when they say that the character development needs some work. One of the things that I liked about a character in particular was her harsh and badass personality, and I was really disappointed that after marrying said character the interactions between her and the MC were little and insipid. So yeah, that’s one way your writing could improve for your next work.

Having said that, I really loved the magic lore in your story, it was by far the most interesting thing in the game and what gave it that replaying factor, to me at least. I wanted to know more about the Old Ones and was deeply satisfied when I managed to uncover their mysteries. Great writing there.

Overall, it was a very good story and I’ll definitely recommend it to my friends. 7/10.

4 Likes

Same I ended alone . Mostly because I felt that game tries force me into be a sex slave or something. @Mary_Duffy I know is not that but clearly feels that way. My character is a bold healer and scholar that is brave and wants control the situation. All romantic options and friends same to be designed to force me into a submission or some kind of submissive relationship. I have to be courted and be the shy maiden. or become the sister that sounds becoming the maid of my friends when i am the damn leader…
I wanted have some sporadic sex with any traveler or something . Sadly no or being a beta maid or alone …

Still I love the rest of the game and the lore. But romances seem to be made with a patriarchal idea of courtship in mind Like hello you could have sex without being married. And thats very historical

1 Like

I did wanted something to do with lich. Old ones knowledge was good.i just wishes we could bring more to the lich and maybe gain more.

Even when being a top warrior.you had to sell yourself to that rider women named something lik Mel or so.not saying she should be begging for a holder who is best warrior but still holder and best warrior having to sell himself.it’s just insultful. Nothing wrong with asking someone but those words were like selling yourself.

Her being just a good wrrior and good rider.it didn’t feel like it was worth all that.again not sayimg that normal person shouldn’t have that attitude. Just it would be better if she had something to back it up

1 Like

I love the game so far and im still reading it but does anyone know how to build up town defences and military might

On my strong defense play-through, I found the following to be true (spoilers ahead):

For defense, you’ll get options to build a wall, then a tower, and finally a castle. I think you have to build them in that order, though. For offense, if you solve a conflict between Cronos and Ari, they’ll work together to build a ballista. Also, adding to Mallosian’s riders should increase offense. You’ll have options at varying points to approach the Dryads, the Engineers, the Horse People or use the Magic of the Old Ones to either scout, defend, etc. Whether the other factions help seems to depend upon your relationship with them.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Amusingly enough, this game has an 81 Metacritic score as listed on the Steam page–because it’s been confused with the 2001 game Stronghold! (I’m sure if it did get a Metacritic score for the actual CoG it would be MUCH higher.)

6 Likes

Totally agree Just the first chapter alone deserving more than 81. I mean if you love If and old school rpg you have to be made stone to not like it

2 Likes

Just finished my first play through and loved this game! :heart_eyes: Did the typical kick ass warrior playthrough but going to now try the magic angle and try talking with my mouth not my army :wink:

2 Likes

Had finish my first playthrough of the final product…

I am happy to get the ending of not killing anyone at all i use Magic to save my town , hence the goblins were driven away without killing any casualty from both sides , in the end i am the most merciful Holder :-):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

this is a wonderful game, with a variety of approach to handle multiple situation and multiple ways of handling relationship with everyone… in addition i also like the option on how to grow the settlement, and the existing of "Wonder " really make me feel proud of my achievement i built a sacred park in dedication of the forest and dryards

If there is a sequel , i hope the “Wonder” building will play an important role in the settlement’s growth and survival

The Romance is alright, i like the option to marry and start a family with the love interest of our choice and the description of our family life is sweet :-):hugs:

There is actually such option , which i chose as well… i told the Dryard i will replant the trees for every tree we cut down :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I need help on how to marry more than one person…
I’ve tried a few things but failed…
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

I thought you can ‘romance’ two people, but marrying? I don’t know if it’s possible.

I hope someone would be able to confirm
Somehow I feel like it’s somehow possible you know…
Since i feel like the game is implying that you could haha