Street Jam: The Rise (Finished and submitted)

Yeah that is what it says on OP about the beta. But if you really want to try it, we can talk about it via PMs.

Is the game going to be published?

I have received no message from COG other than one telling me they received it, but considering how many wips they have I assume this is normal… hopefully.

1 Like

Oh I hope so. I’m looking forward to reading it again. Been a very long time since I read this one. And if it gets published, then I even get to pay you to read it! I do hope it goes well for you once it is published. I’d like for you to become successful with this and let all of us little folks read all your wips.

All your wips are belong to us!

2 Likes

Completely true! Street Jam, Become Mortal, Spacehouse Rock and the rest belong to you here on the forums as much as me. I am sorry I could not make a public beta as I originally envisioned but the lack of comments and attention on here let me know it will not be as popular as I had hoped, so I made it closed instead, but don’t worry I still made sure in my submission to HG that Street Jam would not be more than three bucks at most.

But as you said, my wips and future official games belong to you fans just as much as me (especially the women!) and I promise to always post them on here.

If Street Jam, Become Mortal, or Spacehouse rock become a smash hit I’ll make a full choicescript game and just host it on here and Dashingdon.com for absolutely free! That’ll show you my appreciation!

4 Likes

I gave it attention until school took my ability to do much more than eat, sleep, or do school work away from me. I have about 5 more days of freedom before I start my last semester of my two year degree. After that I’ll have a whole summer to look at your wips.

I don’t think its that it wasn’t popular, this particular project of yours, I just think most people would read it and do the first part of the quoted text and didn’t comment. Then you have your quite vocal and enthusiastic forum members, so at least you didn’t have to suffer silence for too long. I know I read it a few times before it went closed, but I had nothing to offer, not even time due to school. I’m sure it’ll do favorably, and if are worried about its lack of popularity in your eyes, I do believe that you can do some advertising and promote it. I think I saw something in the forum regarding that. You could look into that and see if you can get a boost once you know if you’ll be published or not.

I started reading BM and it seems like it will be a fun read once it’s out, and I think I recall reading SR (or SHR?)as well and liking that too. So, once those two are finished you’ll have at least another two sales!

Seriously though Tevin, keep up the hard work, and you’ll reap those rewards - or at the very least meet some very nice female fans who will inspire you to work even harder until you achieve your dreams and success.

2 Likes

School sucks dude, I get it!

Well, you may not know this but there was period where we had over a month with no comments and the thread was almost closed… I don’t blame you though.

Yup!

Now you know how to inspire me bro! Let me message you with the full game.

3 Likes

Hi. Was very interested in playing the full game but the demo is not available anymore for sreet jam. Can you please do something about the demo? Thanks.

No, it is gone for good.

3 Likes

He submitted it to Hosted Games for publishing if it gets published and released you will be able to play it on Google Play, Steam etc.

4 Likes

This was (is) a great demo. Any feedback on where it stands as far of becoming a hosted game?

1 Like

Don’t know, but I hope it get released soon because this is an awesome game.

2 Likes

@QuickDraw @WarMachine658 Well they sent me a message asking if Street Jam had any characters based around actual fighters and rappers from the Def Jam series and I responded by explaining only the final boss has any likeness to them.

I also recently found out using double line breaks can cause visual errors on some devices so I asked where I could send a patched version to them but no reply…

Been almost a month and nothing so… nervous.

6 Likes

Don’t worry mate all good things come to those who wait. You’ve got a solid well written game with a high sequel potential (which you’ve already planed for) with a loyal following so I could see this being a profitable item for the COG team. As to the wait time I would imagine that they are busy and it might just be a little longer for those who wish to buy this game (including yours truly) to finally get their hands on it. You’ve got this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi i was just wondering why when i try to play this demo your become mortal one comes up? Dont get me wrong i fricking love that one but why is it here?

3 Likes

Same here ! Really want to play the demo (I love both). Also, please don’t let them censor anything !

3 Likes

@MindightWatcher Aw thanks, you people are the reason I work so hard on these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Xarena @Kingkilo91 With it finished and submitted I don’t see much of a reason to keep it on here. I still have it’s files though, so maybe if I find an artist on here or something like that I’ll re-upload it. Maybe even the full version rather than just where the demo ended.

4 Likes

Awesome, well I’m a fan of your work and will be purchasing when it is released !

3 Likes

The Street Jam art is here!

Street Jams art was made by my official artist Jun who also made the cover art of my second book. Unfortunately Jun has been dealing with some extreme issues in his life so he bailed on making the art before and I had to look all around the Internet for a new artist but found no luck. Minimum price someone gave me was 75$ bucks.

But in my time of need Jun flew in and told me he was back on board for free, as usual. I told him to emulate the Def Jam cover art for the cover and to make a fist clutching some cash for the logo, as in the end money is extremely important in Street Jam for your stats.

We also specifically agreed the cover art should be a minority (asian) that could pose as a female or a male. As for the cash clutcher, we went for a black hand to reference the cover of Def Jam vendetta, which featured D-Mob clutching a chain, so we decided on a black male. The logo references Vendetta and the cover references Fight for New York!

In the end Jun has gotten busy with art school again so he unfortunately couldn’t create the final piece of art required by cog, and so I’m still looking for an artist for the last one. If I find one on here, that person will receive the full game out of my pocket and the demo will go back up on here with more content than included than when it ended, including the final fight against Royal and final two secret romance options you people never got to see. So lets hope, eh?

9 Likes

Hey that’s great news! I hope you find the artist for the last piece. I love the artwork for this game and can’t wait to play it!

1 Like