Still thoroughly confused about ChoiceScript

it works now, thank you for your all you help

finally did the stats right, but how do I add points to them for example
zoe 50%
scene add 5
zoe 55%

tried with create and set but that either did nothing or confused me

Did you read the instructions on ChoiceScript? It’s really not hard. It tells you how to do this on page one:

Using variables, the player’s earlier leadership choices can have an effect on the story later in the game.

You can also add leadership points to the current number of leadership points, like this:

*set leadership +20

If you want to use percentile fairmath, you must start the variable between 1 and 99 and use a percent sign in the modifier:

Percentile Stats and Fairmath

Stats that display on the stat screen usually range from 0 to 100. It can be difficult to guarantee that the player can never accidentally gains more than 100 points of leadership. To help with this, we’ve provided special commands that will keep stats in between 0 and 100.

*set leadership %+20
*set strength %-10

You can start at zero.

Also @liam12361, have you looked at this? It explains fair math if you scroll down.

1 Like

You can? I could be wrong, but the way I understand fair math is it’s calculating based on a percentage of what the stat already is. If the stat is 0…some percent of 0 is always 0 and the stat won’t increase.

Nah. It’s weird but I’ve done it. It just increases it as though it wasn’t fair math.

not hard, yeah right, ever time i try all i get is an error, set leadership , invalid indent leadership and so on, and tbh i have Aspergers and was not good at maths

I do apologize! Good on you for hanging in there. Remember each non-text command starts with *, as in *create var 20. *set var +1.

Once you get it, not hard at all, but before you understand… :cold_sweat:

Can you add in the section like you did before? That might help us help you.

Propose to Zoe
*fake_choice
#Yes
*if relationship >70
#no
*finish

Nope. That’s only true of decreases, increases are based on what you don’t have, not what you already have. I wrote a guide about this a few years back. Here is the link.

Propose to Zoe
*choice
  #Yes
    *if (relationship>70)
      Blah, blah!
      *goto after_proposal
    *else
      Blah, blah.
      *goto after_proposal
  #No
    Blah, blah.

Again: that link I posted further up should explain this.

says relationship is non existent variable

In the startup you need to put:
*create relationship 50

1 Like

I had a feeling the create command had something to do with it, doesn’t matter though the yes option works regardless of stats

Okay, first, a lot of the earlier information in this thread is no longer applicable. If you’ve been using this as a guide, well, ChoiceScript has since changed to be easier to use.

As it is, I’d recommend my guide to get you started if you’re still having trouble with *create and *choice.

Now, because some of the information on this thread is now incorrect (being over three years old), I’m going to go ahead and close it to prevent confusion for other new users. If you continue to have trouble, please do make another thread.