Starry Night (Tentative Full Demo)

"They would not listen, they did not know how
Perhaps they’ll listen now"

:stars: Story :stars:

Welcome to The Game! If you wish to leave The Game, you must find the key and- never mind.

You’re just another kid struggling those last few steps to college. You’re completely average. Average family, average friends, average life. But maybe with not such an average mind.

Everyone knows that it’s hard being trapped in your own head. But you know that it’s even harder being inside yours.

:stars: Features :stars:

• A genderless MC
  • Characters with personalities that you might find in every other isekai webtoon or otome game (woohoo)

There’s no romance in the game but you can pretend that you’re in a relationship with one of them. Two of them if you’re feeling adventurous and a little bit delusional.

• A glimpse into the story of someone seeking help and the response from those around them

An Important PSA

• This was my first ever game using choicescript and I had a very limited time period to write it. It was written as part of a freeform project on the stigmatization of the less socially-accepted mental disorders like psychosis or schizophrenia. My goal was to not only raise awareness of the issue but to maybe give a glimpse of what it’s like. Most of the episodes in the game are based off of my own experiences as a schizophrenic however, I often struggle with words when it comes to everything that I see and feel so hopefully everything came out right.
  • As I was writing it, I had less than 12 hours left and was running on less than 2 hours of sleep which you’ll probably be able to tell. Depending on how I feel about it after I reread it off the proudly-done-with-it phase, I may or may not revisit it to rewrite. Reuse, recycle, reduce.

Play it here: Starry Night

21 Likes

The demo URL seems not to be active . I was trying to get access to the demo but it’s quite unfortunate I can’t .

Strange, it is working for me…

Sorry to hear that it didn’t work for you! I might’ve been editing it again while you tried it but the link seems to be working now :slight_smile:

Wtf did I just went through? I went through 5 chapters in a minute to realise that this huge chuck of words is not for me. G’Luck with your project @countolaf

4 Likes

Um, Yeah good luck with this. My suggestion is to push a bunch of the chapters together, shorten the story massively. Oh and probably drop a few choices here and there before chapter 10 (there is no nice way to say it but that was just a bad idea to wait that long), its suppose to be a choice game after all.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.