Spacehouse Rock (Pilot)

Thanks, but as for the last one if I change them to are then imagine how it would sound for a male or female… I may just have to lock the face to not be a nonbinary.

GRAMMAR

Summary

you see, i like the name scott for the female character and all but the choice said “delilah”

choose female but this happen if i choose male too

… about she is… a tail?

would it not be better if you made it like

another thing of note about her is that she…

• has a tail
  • has gills
    +has claws
  • is enormous
  • is tiny

?

i think it was supposed to be “Scott” ?

Rhys does not have the necessary appendage to be a male

i believe “them” refers to both rhys and scott but printed too just in case

Rhys is stealing scott’s light again. Scold her.

It happend when i choose " No one" or " none " . It was " Scott " when i choose, “boyfriend” i guess.

Suggestions

Summary

There is one thing i want to ask first
i picked no wife for my leader but i still picked the daughter
if i remember correctly, even though i had no wife the daughter refered to a mommy also is the leader leaving her alone just like this?

MAYBE in this case you could add a choice about what happened to the other parent? like : they died or they every thing of value and left ( :joy:) or left with someone else ? or both :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Also a choice regarding the child like bringing them along or trowing them for the other parent to handle?

• 2 At first i was going to suggest indie and or alternative for the genres but since you said rock encompasses its sub-genres. How about Classical Crossover ( Clean Bandit ) ?

• 3 as for adventures what about
    -playing inside the maw of some colossal but docile alien life-form, or
    -appeasing a hostile race using music and thus preventing war ( macross (。◕‿◕。) )or,
    -beeing hired to play in play in a party beeing held to or by the face’s parents’ company like one of that employee parties or even a bussiness party ( which the face’s parentes would surely attend) or,
    -beeing kipnapped to play for some rich child of some rich Family ( or maybe the owner of the company themselves) who like the bands music so much they want the band to play privately and only for them, maybe they boss the band as well ( like telling what should do, eat, and wear ) ( if the kipnapper is a kid it would be cool them to have a crush on face, which leads “court” them or even trying to force a marriage.

• if you go thru with the “bring the child idea” there could be a scene where the band goes somewhere like disneyland or something the like. and them something happen and they ended up being chased around the park and even thru the toys ( you could probably add a romantic scene here somewhere if want, there are lots of options) finally throwing off their chaser after sometime, and despite being tired managing to have fun at the end.

(maybe zombies invaded the park and hell broke loose.But them they attached blades to the carrousel(the one with horses) - or just twist some of the outter poles?rods? out wards- and set it to spin really fast. then they used sound to lure the zombies in the direction of the carousel thus saving the day. you can even put them inside the carousel while it spins( i dont think its a good idea though)

-there could also be a a scene on a train or bank and they a robber or gang appear and he seems pretty impulsive ~to be thougth~ and so they make something on the spot to distract the bandit. if the child came along there could be somelines between the bandit (one of them if its a group) and the childwhere he explain his reasons? and or maybe even a scene where the group abandons one of their numbers ( the one who talked to the child ) as a scapegoat.

• they fall on a planed inhabited by some primitive society that sees the brains and/or the child as some sort of god and the others as mere servant. So they must find a way to scape, fix the ship, rescuetheir companion and flee the planet. they could use music to distract or scare the natives or maybe make them their sevarts in turn? i prefer the rescue->scape but its your call.

:fox_face:

ps : may i ask for a glasses option for the leader ? Maybe as choice like the brain’s tail or evn a flaw +1 since glasses tend to slip the nose with sweat, get dirty and all. I would like the first option more tough.

1 Like

Fixed, but you were confused about a few. Number 2 is you saying your significant others name, not them saying yours.

Number 3 did not happen when I chose male. It seems fine to me.

Your suggestions for 4 have been added.

As for your summary…

The daughter/son cannot be made alone so whether the other parent is in the picture or not they had one at one point, so that is why they suggest that.

The leader makes it clear who is taking care of the child. You must have glossed over it.

You want me to make the leader even more depressed? That would conflict with people who want to play a positive and enthusiastic leader.

Bringing the child along would not work with the story, there will be plenty of dangerous and adult situations (Hence why this is under adult fiction) and the kid wouldn’t work well. Especially for people who want to play a band that parties and gets laid 24/7. Which I’m sure the majority of players will do.

What is classical crossover? I have heard of indie and alternative but never this one.

Two of these four ideas are already planned but the other two sound very promising. I also am not going through with the bring the child idea but this adventure could happen when we see them again down the road.

Interesting idea but it relies a bit on the child suggestion… but the next one is planned as the session/episode where you get super powers. Your suggestions are good but you should also think of more wacky/crazy adventures as well.

And why exactly do you want glasses? I think that in the far future laser eye surgery would have taken out any need for glasses…

1 Like

The alien should people with glasses seem smarter :stuck_out_tongue:

And millions of eons in the future you actually think there would still be glasses around?

Futuristic glasses :slight_smile: Like the ones you see in the movies

2 Likes

Already planned as a cybernetic upgrade

This is sorta why I said not to suggest traits.

Woooow! I really liked it! I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen an idea like this, so I’m excited to see more.

Some bugs

(Named The Brains “Brains” to make it easier)

Some suggestions:

• Maybe you could add more traits, mainly flaws (if it’s not too much to code). Also, maybe make some personality stats (that change depending on the choices) to the protagonists.

• More eye colors to the Leader. I mean, the Face has 6 different colors, so only 3 to the Leader is a bit strange.

1 Like

Why did you highlight all the instances of they?

Perhaps you missed where the perk explanation said you will find more on the way? Other than that, I don’t know any more to add at the beginning

As for personality stats, the traits are enough to define the personalities coupled with the band personality gauges.

The leader is meant to be a full human, that is why they have less eye color options than the partially human face, who has less than the full alien brains.

1 Like

I highlighted all "they"s because, in that case, The Brains was a woman, while “they” is generally a non-binary pronoun.

1 Like

Its just my inner sadist talking, pay no heed. :upside_down_face:

its just that i though
the worse he is felling the worse he is going to make those who wronged him feel. :blush:
or something the like

ever heard clean bandit? Dust clears i think and symphony (both musics) are classical crossover basically its like using classical to make something more like the music we hear nowadays ?

the one about the planet with dumb alien? Make the face their God them, dont they have glowing eyes? they ( th band ) could use their powers to escape. or during the rescue. or both? could they destroy the planet ? my Rhys is brutal you know.

why should i know? :neutral_face:

:fox_face:

PS: Can we explode face’s daddy’s house or his company building? or both? like.

Summary

and then they run out of the house. they must get as far as they can this is going to be a pretty big explosion. they are a few metters away from the entrance when
-WAIT!!

the other two turn around there you can see the fear and exitement in their faces, faces expression is so weird its uncanny. no way in hell you are telling them that though. one of them them says
-what! the ship is coming down! Look how close it is, we have to get out of here.

all three of you look up and there is the ship, its a pity really, so many memories some of them were even good. But there is n going back now, at least its for a good cause. thinking this you say.
-lets just walk

-what?! now both of them gasped, such stupid expressions… but laugh right now.- walk ? you crazy? we are going to die?

-no we are not. so lets just walk the explosion wont hit this far. Maybe a bit of heat along with the shock wave but nothing dangerus. so lets walk

-why do you want to walk so much? they ask more calm but still nervous

-the police will be here in a feel.

-thats one more reason for us to flee, were just threw a whole ship n the --------- . we are going to get arrested. one of them says, the other nod. i sigh them say with a smirk

-no
we will look badass.

i just wrote pretty fast and made no corrections regarding gramar or anything soooo pay noheed for mistakes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Perom no it is done on purpose, try looking at those instances and thinking of he or she in place of it. Unfortunately they does not work in the same tense of he or she, and so to get all genders they must be used in order to not make a grammar mistake.

This is problem most games don’t encounter because we have never before had one where there are multiple protagonists who will describe one another, so other games don’t have such a situation. Including the non-binary option is being hard

@Hearts nope, never once heard of that at all. Is it a subgenre or do you think it should be a full new genre?

You’ll see, there will be a real reason why the super powers are acquired rather than some toxic waste BS.

Sort of tough to understand you with the grammar mistakes but trust me there will be extreme anarchist choices throughout the game, rebelling (or conforming) against authority is a huge thing. What you just described is going to be childs play compared to some of the bigger choices. There is a reason I have the anarchy symbol tattooed on my hand, after all.

3 Likes

Was a big fan of street jam when it was in development and I think I’m going to like this one even more. Really like the traits for the characters and hope they keep playing a big part in the game. Also, I’ve wanted more music games since choice of rockstar.

I’ll definitely be following this really closely for updates since you were very fast with street jam. Keep up the good work. Is it strange that I sort of like the negative traits more than the positive ones?

2 Likes

Very good. I cannot wait to submit Street Jam to cog. And I suppose not, flawed characters are loved more than perfect ones. It is perfectly normal. Just don’t get carried away so you don’t lose too much.

Unfortunately, this one will not be updated as fast as Street Jam.

2 Likes

This indeed did rock also when picking the genre’s it talked about sub genres is there a point in the game when you also get to choose the sub genre your band is in?

Yeah, it said that after all.

1. Will you add a way for us to see our trait points because when choosing different traits for the band i lost track of how many points i had.

2. also some flaws give more points then they say they do for instance the first flaw i choose was lustful and i magically get 2 (+1 extra point) instead of 1, or when choosing “likes alcohol” for The Face i get 2 or 3 points as if i choose the other 2.

3. Lastly i dont think you should be able to choos unintelligent and good at repairing/bussiness savvy

1. I don’t know how to do that. The best you can do is look at what you can and can’t afford.

2. Note that you start with one, you may have mistakenly thought lustful gave you two when you start with one. And how do you know this if you lost track?

3. Unintelligent affects different subjects than those two do. And there are reasons you can get those two, experience rather than schooling.

I just doubled checked i think its something wrong with the repair skill i ONLY choose lustful as a flaw and still was able to choose good at repairing and good at cleaning. This also may explain how i lost track of how many points i had.

1 Like

We can hook up with robot roadies? Take my money.

I’d include a counter on how many points you still have to spend on perks/flaws, grey out what you can’t buy, etc. (I know you start with one, I was doing math as I went.)

I suspected that the first addition might be the singer, but if I hadn’t read the OP here, I may not have made that assumption and determined the gender while thinking of a roadie or something. Maybe indicate that you’re determining the next MC. I love the idea of playing a group! I don’t want to reset because I picked a girl as an MC unwittingly, though.

Is 17 an acceptable age for the Face? Or will they be having an 18th birthday with lots of strippers? Or board games. Whatever you like… :smirk:

I also want ‘space glasses’. Whatever they are. Desperately.

Typos:

Summary

I selected a daughter, but:
I hope he doesn’t realize I’m looking forward to a break…
*Selected son, and it said ‘she’ here.

I am a very great musician
I’d either use ‘great’ or ‘very good’.

There is still people on this planet though
are

settlements across the planets a suburbs
planet, suburb