SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Figured I’d have a punt at this too:

Anatomy of a Gabriel

Angelic Gender: Male

Manifested Weapon: Morningstar

Wing Color: Gold

Currently Imagined Grace Scent: No idea

Personality Traits:

Playful, irreverent and pathologically incapable of taking anything seriously. So much so that more than one person has wondered how the hell he ended up with the title of the Wrath of God. Anyone who’s seen him in a fight knows exactly why. His personality does a complete 180 and he become single-mindedly focused on annihilating his enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible. He’ll accept a surrender if one’s offered, but he’s not looking for one.

Favourite Tactical Position(s): Nuke the entire area in Holy Fire, find survivors, apply morningstar to forehead.

Current Character Statistic Strengths: Might. Resolve

Current Character Traits: Suave, Blunt, Emotional, Candid, Improvise

Current Skills: Offensive Grace

Team Humans or Team Angels: Team Humans

Shell Gender Identification: Male

Shell Name: Gabriel

Shell Surname: White

Shell Description: Tall (6’2"), athletic build, black hair and green eyes (to better match Daniel) Tattoos to be added once a list of the available ones is implemented.

RO(s) of Choice: Sabriel. He wasn’t looking for a relationship and was caught completely off-guard by Auriel’s theory. He was more surprised by the fact he wasn’t opposed to the idea though. The idea will likely grow on him over time.

Favourite Earth Food: Ramen. He doesn’t really do domestic, and ramen has the great virtue that you can put almost anything in it.

Favourite Human Colloquialism: “And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know my name is the Lord… when I lay my vengeance upon thee!" (Yes he’s quoting Pulp Fiction. Yes he knows that it’s a misquote from the Bible. Yes he’s aware of, and enjoys, the irony of an angel misquoting the Bible)

Relations with other characters

Michael: He’s tried to mend fences with Michael before, but Michael has been well… Michael about it. So Gabriel sees no real point in putting effort into maintaining a relationship that Michael clearly doesn’t want. He regrets that their relationship has gone this way, but as far as he’s concerned the onus is on Michael to make an effort to fix it now.

Ramiel: Pre-fall Ramiel and him were partners in crime. (The crime of pranking Michael at any rate). Even then though, Ramiel’s complete lack of foresight exasperated him sometimes. Since Ramiel’s fall he’s not quite certain what to think. He worries about his friend to be sure, but he can’t help but wonder if being out from under Heaven’s thumb is as bad as they make it out to be. So his worry is seasoned with a bit of curiosity as well.

Israfel: He platonically adores Izzy and will gleefully play shipper on deck for Izzy and Charleston.

Daniel: He’s kind of divided on the subject. On the one hand he is not good with children, nor did he want any (he promptly noped out the faes’ offer when it became clear that they were interested in children rather than a romance.) He does however realise than none of this situation is Daniel’s fault. He approach can be best summed up as well-meaning but not entirely competent.

Lucifer: He looked up to Lucifer before his Fall and even now still holds a measure of respect for him. The discovery of their actual connection might well be the one time this ever smart-ass archangel is at a loss for words.

8 Likes

Love the Halloween extra!

i literally made a tumbler account just so i could follow this

1 Like

I drew gabe a while ago and had to draw his dad! (they bear a striking resemblance no?)

here’s the tumblr link for the art! (it’s got a few different versions!)

17 Likes

As a angel I may have just grown horns thinking about gable’s dad.
Also I like the art
Gabe’s dad kinda makes me think of Vash the stampede and his brother.

Oh man, this is the third time I’ve played the demo. So hungry for more! Great work.

one question!!! can we ̶b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ slap Sabriel?

EDIT: Okay, I retract what I wrote.

I’d love to smack Michael!

Given the author’s tumblr account, I’m rather excited for a lot of things :)) (the tidbits there are great)

I can’t believe it took me this long to play this game. This is an enormous thread so I’m sure I can’t say anything it hasn’t been said already so I’ll simply add that I loved it. I can’t wait for more - or the finished product, I’m unsure if you’re planning to add more chapters here.

You have a new fan in me that’s for sure.

Not to the same degree it once was. They do feel a strong instinct to shift on the full-moon, but unless they’re on the verge of going feral, they do not have to shift. Shifting strength at other time is entirely dependent on the individual; Tom can shift partially at anytime, though it’s easier for him to do a full shift. Karyn has difficulty holding partial shifts, and Charleston can shift with ease, excelling at partial shifts.

Ah-ah-ah. You’ll just have to play and find out, because that is the question, isn’t it? (Okay, I have to finish writing and coding and then post it, and THEN you’ll have to play it, but you know, eventually you’ll find out…)

@squarelyblue
Heartbreak ahead!

It’s a game that will be released by CelleC Games (when finished, which will be sometime in this week darn it!) called Error: Human Not Found. It’s a point-and-click adventure/puzzle/visual novel game that has puzzles based on basic computer science concepts (loop logic, grammar and parsing for deterministic finite automata, binary, and logic gates) and will be released for free on Steam when done. It follows the story of Grace Fortran as she works with an AI, Ada, to clear her name in a murder-mystery on board the space station. (Sorry, kind of shameless plug, but I’ve poured my soul and sanity into getting this thing finished along with the souls of my team…)

Lucifer doesn’t want anything to do with Heaven again, thanks. He’d be flattered by the offer, but he’s alright where he is.

Heaven doesn’t really value individuals. Angels are, to them, gears in the machine. You need them to run smoothly, but beyond that? They don’t really care.

Walking out is an option.

@Norilinde
Aaaah, thanks for the catch on the typos in the extra! ((It would likely help if I stopped writing in the middle of the night :persevere:))

And I regret ever writing that platform. For some reason, it seems to revel in causing continuity errors.

I just want to thank you again for all your hard work catching these typos. I really appreciate it! ((I hate the nasty buggers so much)). All of those you so graciously found should be fixed in the next update.

A very thorough strategy. (And I’m excited to see a Sabriel fan!)

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

I made a tumblr account just for this game, so we’re kind of even? (And thanks!)

@Cherry_Summer
He’s just so serene looking! Your fan art just makes me so happy!

It’s coming! (On a somewhat related note, I’m transitioning to CSide and loving it so far… I am hesitantly inclined to believe that this may increase my work speed once I get EHNF out the door with a solid boot to the backside)

Are we retracting the slap entirely? Or just half of it?

Michael tends to evoke that reaction. A lot.

@Anathema
Oh, welcome to the party!
I’ll be adding more chapters here (I haven’t really gotten anywhere in the demo, despite it’s length. We’ve essentially completed character creation, and now we get to the juicy parts!).
I try to keep the FAQ updated, and the game’s tumblr has a bunch of extra info/extras if you want more, though beware spoilers!

17 Likes

I read the asks on Tumblr and it looks like my Gabby will have to deal with neck issues cause all her ROs are giants compared to her (except Michael but he’s still taller)

Edit: I imagine those asks kind of like a QnA session at a book presentation and someone shouting from afar “DO ANGELS HAVE BUTTHOLES?” (Actual question yo) and then everyone turning back like they are in the Office.

1 Like

Wait, Michael’s a RO?

Yes he is! And he’s not a complete douche! :grinning:

1 Like

Just mostly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (20 chars)

2 Likes

But also a lot of happy things! Equal parts angst/tragedy with feels

Whoever wrote that letter to Ramiel in the ask thing --bless you

werewolves? what is this and why I haven’t heard of it before?

slap her with the tips of the fingers;
batman bitch slap

Can I slap him too?

1 Like

Hey, maybe you’ve stumbled upon different scenes than I did but from what I’ve seen he is the definition of a douche. Michael’s a fun character tho, just fun in a love to hate kind of way :wink:

I actually wanted Ramiel to be a RO, but he has already found his baby mama :sweat:

No! Don’t you dare hurt Luci.

2 Likes

Both Michael and Ramiel are ROs friend! :grinning:

I also disliked him and I didn’t even consider romancing him, but after going to the game’s Tumblr and read some extras, answers and some spoilers he became my first option after Ramiel :cry:
(You can always visit the Tumblr but beware of spoilers!)

2 Likes

Alright, you’ve convinced me. Now I gotta check the tumblr - hopefully I can avoid as many spoilers as possible tho.

What? But what about his family? Don’t tell me something terrible is going to happen to them :cry: