Sordwin by Thom Baylay

young-adult-fiction
nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice
high-fantasy

I’ll get right to it. Any particular lenght or can I let loose? I have a tendency to overdo these sorts of things if I’m not given a word count :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Btw I was wondering will the premade characters be available in Sordwin final release or were they for beta testing only? Just curious

1 Like

@Escanor That’s a very good question. It probably shouldn’t be longer than Evertree :stuck_out_tongue: I would say that it can be as long as you like but as a caveat - the longer it is, the better it needs to be :wink: ! Editing is a great discipline. I’m much more interested in a really solid 1000-word finished piece than 10,000 words of a first draft. (That said, I’ll still enjoy whatever I’m sent! I’m so excited to see people thinking about different ideas for this :smiley: )

@selpuku They were just for the beta testing. I don’t generally like pre-made characters as I like to encourage readers to be creative with their PCs :slight_smile: Also, I designed Sordwin to have just as much content if you play it as a standalone so if people don’t want to import an Evertree save, they can still get an awesome story :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Aaaand the competition is now fully up and running :smiley:

Click here for the official thread both of the competition and of Book 3.

Best of luck, everyone!

11 Likes

So awesome so far. Looking forward to this coming out. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey everyone!! Just a reminder that the Evertree competition deadline is next Friday! If you’d like a chance to design a character for book 3 of The Evertree Saga, it’s not too late! Find out more details here

Thank you to everyone who has submitted stuff so far! You’re all so creative! I’m so excited to go over them all properly next weekend.

Good luck everyone!

T x

9 Likes

Barring a last minute delay (which can happen so I’m trying to remain calm) Sordwin is being released tomorrow! :smiley:

I hope you’ve all got your characters saved from Evertree and are ready to embark on the next adventure!

T x

24 Likes

Umm… I think I forgot so I am going to ask …
Does the evertree Inn already has save function at the end of the game???

1 Like

According to this post, it was rolled out already.

Did you update your Evertree Inn app?

2 Likes

No… I haven’t checked it at play store yet… I am going

1 Like

Ahh I’m so excited for tomorrow! Evertree Inn was one of the first stories I read (I think the 2nd or 3rd) so I’m super hyped to continue the story!

3 Likes

It’s already 7th on my timezone! Can’t wait for the release

3 Likes

So, I am having troubles with management… I am trying to utilize my free time to the fullest to get every clues but always ended up with wasting too much time before the dinner.
Anyone kind enough to point me to the right direction??

1 Like

You’re talking about the new game? Is it out?

1 Like

I believe they are talking about the first one.

2 Likes

So far what I noticed: It’s unnecessary to talk with Leah and Wen too they’ll tell you the same stuff. Also if you break into the halflings room check the window. You’ll get both your money back and informations from him. And if you check Mrs Duprees room just check the desk then leave I don’t think there’s anything else useful there… Tho I gotta admit that I also still never manage to get all possible clues in that chapter. Time is too short or is that how it’s supposed to be?

1 Like

Indeed I am taking about the first book

I usually go to the kitchen to get most of the clues…but they’re not full…and I don’t get the maximum bonus.

1 Like

You can also get a few bonus minutes if you don"t take a bath but yuck… My MCs always do that before leaving the room.

Anyway about the kitchen; I think if you go talk to Leah anyway then the only clue you can get there is the one about the missing objects. Now really, I think to get all the clues you would need to go get your gold back from the halfling and question him, he tells you about Wen and the Balckstone Thieves guild members who disapoeared. Talk to Leah, it maxes out the clue about Wen and Mr. Dupree and gives some information about why the Duprees left Lux. Investigate Mrs. Duprees room and find her husbands memorials in the desk. Talk to Iseria and notice that her necklace is a stolen item. Talk to Gilly, she tells you about the missing objects. And if your MC has high perception then check out tge cellar. But as I said in my previous playthrough so far I didn’t manage to figure out myself how to do all this in the time given in chapter 2.

1 Like

It’s out! :partying_face:

Edit: also, it’ll later be out on steam too.

17 Likes

It’s out on the iOS omnibus as well. Yes!

2 Likes