Slammed! (Spoilers)

There’s an invisible stat tracking “alexrel” (your relationship with Alex). It needs to be more than 5 to trigger.

I’m sure I had more than five with her because I was playing looking at the code, but still couldn’t go to the scene.

Edit: I think I know what went wrong, you can only have the scene with Alex if you convince Solitary to have a stated match with you, if you fight him, you can speak with Alex.

Edit 2: @P_Chikiamco is there a way to make the PC meet Alex even if you fight Solitary instead of talking him to have a match?

Nope! Convincing Solitary to have a match is the last requirement for that scene.

OK, thank you for answering my questions.

1 Like

Reading through this thread makes me want to replay Slammed. Lord knows I should 'cause I never, ever managed to win the last fight. Ever. :sob: I keep making the wrong choices, I guess. I always went the high flying acrobatic route and I always fell when it mattered the most. :cry:

1 Like

Against who you fought?

My memories’ a bit foggy, but I’m pretty sure it was against Solitary for the belt (?). I think it was a four-man brawl at the start, but I haven’t played it in a while so I can’t really remember… I just remember climbing up and trying to find a way to knock him down but failing and falling. More than a coupla times thru various playthrus. :disappointed_relieved:

That is not the final fight, there is another after that.
If you are a Acrobatic, you might be able to do this:
Try to shake Super Horns of the scaffold
Run for the belt.
It’s fake and he is going for your leg.
Use the cable to evade the next attack.

1 Like

There’s a play-through of Slammed on RPG.net right now. It’s been going on for months and they’ve just hit the final fight with Solitary and I’m on the edge of my seat wondering if they can somehow pull it off with this play-by-voting style.

1 Like

Are you working on any other game?

Yup! It’s a science fiction romance called (in part) Love & Lasers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@P_Chikiamco I might have found a bug on the Android version of the game, because I can’t seem to trigger the conversation with Super Horns before the fight with Solitary.
While on the site version, Super Horns always try to talk with my character if he fights with Solitary.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it! Slammed is my favorite out of the various Choice of Games games that I’ve played, and that’s largely on the strength of the writing – I’ve never really been a wrestling fan, but your storyline got me hooked in, and I’ve even watched a little Lucha Underground now. And it was the quality of the writing that made me want to share it with the board.

I’m probably as excited as you to see whether the voters in the thread can end up beating Solitary – they’re very close right now, but I don’t know if we’ve got the stats to finish him off, especially with that big Energy hit we took at the start of the match. Win or lose, though, it’s been a great experience.

Love & Lasers, from the name alone, sounds like a great concept – I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

@Urban - Hm, can’t help you there – it should be the same version across all platforms.

@PenguinZero - Thanks for taking the effort to introduce it to others and taking the time to moderate such a long-form thread. It’s fascinating for me to see the thought process that goes into the player choices/votes, and it’s been a privilege and a learning experience.

I hope you do enjoy Love & Lasers! Will try to let you know when we start Beta-ing sometime in the year 2026…

(Also isn’t LU ridiculous? I love it. Maybe if I ever do another wrestling game I’ll go the supernatural route. How can you not love a federation where one of the wrestlers is basically a spaceship?)

1 Like

Slammed is absolutely awesome. Which is rather saying a lot after playing it after Tin Star… and I found that I actually like Slammed better. O.o wow. I rank it up there next to Guns of Infinity.

Anyway I know next to nothing about wrestling but Slammed! really made it very interesting. Thanks to you, author! Kudos for such a well-written game. One of my favorite parts were playing as a heel against JJ. Jehovah of Juice indeed. I can’t believe I went through how many replays and seem to get different outcomes each time. :slight_smile:

Is there any way to become Wrestler No. 1? Is it also possible to beat Solitary? I decided to go fair on him with the leg thing and he ended up trashing me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

there is a way to be #1 just have to give up the grudge with JJ & let Prototype break her leg in exchange for a title match with him, or saving Solitary’s belt then beating them in RoV

also i think you have to stick strictly to one style throughout the whole game in order beat Solitary without exploiting his weakness

But Prototype refuses the bargain when I challenge him. He says that there are other people he has to face first blah blah. Oh and I was pretty sure I had high technique at the Solitary run… around 100 or near that maybe.

If you’re playing as a guy, I think Prototype automatically refuses to face you.

Don’t, uh… Don’t quote me on that, though.

He does.

He will only accept if you’re female.

I was playing as a guy on that run yeah. With the female run and several others, I failed to take Super Horns out. So sad. Oh well. Just need to try again and take out either Solitary or Prototype. Sorry JJ. xD