SLAMMED! on Steam, with new endings!

ok just bought the game and im wondering is it possible to beat solitary without taking advantage of his illness?i have tried playing promo at 75 but when i use the talk option i guess it just pisses him off and i tried as a technique kicker and he just mops the floor with me,also is it possible to get prototype to agree to defend the title from me on the scafolding match

Prototype will only fight you if you’re female. He’s a sexist pig and won’t even consider fighting a man.

I think the Solitary fight ends with you either talking him around (requires high kayfabe as well as high promo) or taking advantage of his illness to win. He’s the best fighter, he’s not easy.

Will Slammed! ever get a sequel? I loved Slammed! and as a wrestling fan, I could appreciate all the fine detail and callbacks to famous wrestlers,events, and promos. I think this has the potential to be the next big Choice of Games franchise. There are several ways this could be extended. The ending in which Alex’s approaches you hints at a deeper story than previously thought, at least 2 of the 3 possible romances allude to more obstacles on the way for the relationship, and should you manage to win the RoV match at the end, you effectively become the face of the company or the top heel and exploring the new responsibilities and effects it has on the PC’s life would be very interesting.

This game also did an excellent job building up a likable cast of characters that could return for the sequel (Griss, Vinnie, Sagramore, Prototype, Solitary, JJ, Ecstasy, Jaws, Maddison, Alex, Tepora, Super Horns, Zeus, etc.) Alex, the romance interests, Solitary, and Zeus are by far some of the best characters to use for the sequel. Alex reminds me a lot of Prodigal from the Heroes Rise trilogy because she’s very much a secretive, antagonistic type of character but seems to have hidden depths. She would be a very interesting character to focus on in the sequel. I can see Zeus becoming the PC’s main rival (assuming things with JJ were settled of course) and having a tense feud with the PC. The potential is limitless for this series because the author has close to a century’s worth of Professional Wrestling to draw inspiration from. I hope the author continues this series because Slammed! is by far in my top 3 for favorite Choice of Games stories and I think it could become something really special

7 Likes

I’m flattered you thinks so! At this point, I doubt it. I’m not going to rule it out, but there are a few other games I want to do for Choice of Games first. The thing is, a lot of the drive to make Slammed! came from the desire to say something about pro wrestling, about what it is and what it could be, and I said most of what I wanted to say with Slammed!. But wrestling continues to evolve and if in a few years, I feel like I have something new to say, maybe I’ll do a sequel. I doubt it’ll follow the Slammed! PC though, and it’ll probably focus on the federation-management side of things. :smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

First of all, awesome game! Second, I’m missing three achievements only, would someone give me a clue on any of them? They are Super Kick Party (which doesn’t seem to be so hard if you see Steam statistics), Botch Watch (contradict yourself in an interview) and Heart Broken Kid. I guess the last one is related to someone dumping you, but I’ve been unable to make Ecstasy dump me face to face.

1 Like

@Premutos

Heart Broken Kid is if JJ rejects you.
Botch Watch is if during the interview with Colton you say that the number of contestants doesn’t matter, and then that you’re glad there’s less contestants.

No idea about the kick one.

1 Like

Super Kick Party When you are thrown out of the GWA the first time, and trying to figure out what to do with your spare time, you need to join the Skull Nations, and go as a disguised wrestler. You should get an option for naming a special attack which I believe is a kick, and you can call it the Cross Cutter/etc. Note: I don’t know if it matters when you pick your ‘specialty’ here (such as hard strikes, technical holds, etc.) Then, when you rejoin the GWA as a masked wrestler, you need to carry your special move over; I believe this time you need to choose the Hard Strikes option (I think it is number two)

2 Likes

Thank you both! How do you make JJ to reject you though? It crossed my mind, but I thought he/she would always want to be with you once you have made it to that path. Maybe you have to piss him off as a heel?

@Premutos If you lose the fight you’ll automatically be rejected. That or completely tank your relationship score with JJ. I think the way to do that is to play the heel path. It’s probably easiest to lose the fight though.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Thanks again. I actually though that achievement would work like that at first, but once I romanced JJ I thought it had to be another thing.

Note also that, for the Superkick achievement…

You need to return to the GWA as Cross, not Sagramore, otherwise you will get Sag’s signature move (the Lancelot spear) rather than retaining the Cross kick.

2 Likes

How do u get ending that alex will flirt

@cobraman99 You need to be straight, male, and not in a relationship. You have to have a high relationship with her. You need to do exactly as she wants.

Defeat Solitary. When she approaches you after the fight ask her if she’s okay. Confess your feelings to her. It’s a very short section.

1 Like

I don’t get it man I m playing male straight in
No relationship I m doing Alex want )

can u tell me specifically what to do please

Have you clicked the blurry spoiler text? It explains in more detail.

It’s not a long section and there’s no associated achievement or anything. I’ve sent you a private message with more information since I don’t want to post huge spoilers here.

Yeah! I noticed that.

I have just spent way too much time on this game, and loved it so much. One thing I’m wondering about now is if there’s any chance for a sequel? Following up on the same MC, there’s so much that can be done. Either with them defending the championship, or trying to see if people still care after they’re done with JJ, or a whole mess of other things. If it picked up years in the future, I could see a whole bunch of fun stuff (Being a trainer, taking over as the booker, or even getting kicked out and starting your own company and school).

I also wouldn’t mind seeing some follow up on the relationships. I tried to get both Madison and Evelyn, and would like to see if it worked lol. Hey, polygamy’s a thing, and I could see it being a very interesting thing for Madison on the campaign trail.

2 Likes

@Vesvius There’s a few answers in regards to the possibility of a sequel above. The most recent one.

2 Likes

You could do that and still have it be the PC. Just set it twenty years later when the PC has stopped actively wrestling and taken over some aspect of the business side of things.

2 Likes

Dude it was like a two year old post you are responding to…

Please refrain from bumping up old threads