Shipwrecked: A prieview

@adamd Thanks for all your comments.

• I have since changed it so that the first decision does not determined the type of character you are from suggestions I have gotten from people here on the forums.

• Thanks. I actually have all the scenes and events done but I haven’t written them yet because I have been doing research into using webkit frameworks to see if i can speed up the game script and remove the annoying lag associated with playing these games on mobile devices. so it could have been completed by now but I see great potential in using a framework like jquerymobile etc.

• I have done it this way because I really want to make a game that people will remember long after they have played it. To do that however I think its very important to develop the character’s fully. I want people to really get to know the characters and become attached to them because that’s going to come into play later (when your decisions will possibly mean their lives). The way I design is more story heavy at the start and decision heavy at the end. So in the last few chapters the player is really going to have to make many decisions and they are really going to count. That being said I will go back and add a sprinkle of decisions at the beginning as was suggested.

• Someone who is interested in their surroundings… where landmarks are how to get from this place to that place etc. will find it easier to navigate or hide if they need to. (Imagine being chased by a spear-weilding island native and knowing about that big tree with the hole in the trunk where you can hide or exactly how to get to it) Think of a forrest elf or a park ranger.

-Someone who is interested in finding food or resting up when they need it will be more likely to have a stronger body as opposed to someone who doesn’t. I prefer this over before you head out you decide to… “Do 10 pushups” Strength +2! That doesn’t feel real to me.

@djma64
Yes most of the games will be available to play for free in your browser but not all of them. For example “Shipwrecked” will but “Descent into darkness” might not. I am planning a space marine game that will be available in the browser but I also have some titles in the planning stages that may likely be only for the_ mobile.

I liked the story. It was very nice. I’m assuming the name choice made you a guy or a girl?

“it was olny a few hundred yards away!” olny should be only

“You din’t have the answer” din’t to didn’t

“were very greatful that” greatful to grateful

Do you want this sort of feedback? Should I email this instead?

@Blade uh did you update with a new demo yet buddy? :stuck_out_tongue: because I dnt have a demo out yet but I do have a taste of Bushido code posted on comments on my discussion. :slight_smile: check it out and tell me Watchu you think. Thanks!