Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Yes, agreed, that would be a lot of work! There will be some situations where things like compassion are checked and commented on–if the MC has a high level of compassion, indicating that they’re consistently kind and caring, and then choose a ruthless action, some characters will act surprised–but it would be crazy to keep track of how often an MC is nice to a particular NPC just for an instance of disagreement to be commented on! :thinking: I think it’d be a lot of work for very specific instances to occur!

This all does remind me of another discussion we had a while ago in this thread about the “point” of having mean dialogue options or being allowed to play as an asshole character. :thinking: I personally like giving people the option to play different personalities (within reason) for different story experiences and narrative purposes. But according to CoG’s thinking (it seems), there shouldn’t ever be a reason to be an asshole to somebody unless it serves an actual “mechanical” purpose in the game (getting them angry on purpose so they’ll make a mistake, etc.).

What do you guys think?

7 Likes