Sentinel (Complete Demo)

just dropping in with a brief update for Sentinel’s one year anniversary (sometime this week, anyway) - the demo’s been updated with a couple of minor fixes, including chapter headings and skintone options being included in character creation.
hope you’re all staying safe!

32 Likes

I enjoyed this demo!

One thing I noticed (not sure if it was intentional) is some sentences ending with commas instead of periods.

Other than that, I dont think I saw any problems.

I’m definitely curious about this deal with a demon MC allegedly made lol. I’m also wondering why Levi seemed sad about the strogoi. I think he’s keeping secrets. Just not sure what or why. Maybe I’m wrong though lol. I’m ALSO curious if MC’s power can be better controlled/used in other ways.

Basically, I have lots of questions and am excited to eventually get answers!

4 Likes

So many good wips
So little time
I wish i dont have to work
Ugh… i hate being adult

1 Like

thank you! I’ll have a look for those commas, it doesn’t sound like something I did deliberately but at this stage who really knows. as for the rest of your comment - I’m glad you enjoyed it! Levi is definitely keeping secrets, and you’ll find out what and why eventually, along with more about your powers and where they come from/how to control them.

ain’t that the truth :roll_eyes: glad you liked it tho!

6 Likes

You know a demo’s good when you’re angry and blue-balled at the end. I damn near screamed aloud. Good work, you got me hooked.

5 Likes

Loved the demo! One of the most enjoyable stories I’ve read in a while. I wish I had your talent as a writer.

2 Likes

I have an idea about Levi’s relationship to the strigoi, according to lore strigoi are born of unmarried people who died by execution, suicide or a curse. So levi might have known the strigoi before it died.

3 Likes

There was a choppy moment in the beginning in some choices (choosing to observe the muggers and ‘letting them live’ didn’t trigger any scene but somehow they ran away), but otherwise this is magnificent. The writing is great and I’m fascinated by what’s happening. Can’t wait to buy the full game.

5 Likes

I just came across this WIP and wanted to say that it is absolutely incredible. I LOVE your writing, and the way that you describe things, the lore and the characters? I was immediately taken with all of them, but Levi just conquered my heart. Keep up the good work, and I can’t wait to see the complete work! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

I decided to reread the demo again because I saw that the thread had new comments…and I did something different? And found a whole branch I hadn’t done before??!

It was super worthwhile. I feel like I have a lot better handle on my character now too! Neat.

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes: (thank you!! this really put a smile on my face :sparkling_heart:)

I’ll take a look - I thought I’d fixed that, it was definitely on my list of fixes but it must’ve slipped through, thank you for the reminder! Otherwise, thank you for playing and I’m glad you enjoyed it. no ones ever called my writing magnificent before :sob:

Glad you enjoyed and thank you so much for your words, I really appreciate all this lovely feedback :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: have to admit I have a soft spot for Levi as well so I’m always delighted when people love him.

yeah!! the game is written with repeatability in mind so hopefully you’ll get something different with each playthrough. within the demo there’s a big branching point depending on whether you kill the strigoi which is a harder route to follow but opens up a lot of different content, and will have even more consequences in the full game. so, yeah, glad you gave it another go and found it worth it!!:sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I’m just speaking my mind, you don’t need to thank me for that

1 Like

I always loved mystery games and your game is truly awesome.
I love Reese and look forward to buy this game in the future :))

1 Like

I’ve played the demo a couple times already and I’ve gotta say I’m in love with this story. The writing got me hooked from the beginning. Im excited to see where this goes and all the characters are great. I definitely see myself replaying this multiple times when it comes out.

1 Like

Sentinel still remains one of my favorites, from the worldbuilding to the lovable characters… It has so much replayability and depth despite it being the demo only, so I genuinely can’t wait to see the direction this takes :eye:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I never left a comment here before, so I’ll change that now!

I am in love with this wip.

Your writing is amazing, and the characters are so engaging; I love trying out different MCs and choices just to see how their reaction might change. (watch me making far too many MCs once this is out, and it will be your fault!)

I can’t wait to see what the full game will gift us!

3 Likes

Haven’t finished playing it yet (Only made to chapter 3 I think), but I’m loving this a lot! The characters, setting, etc are all amazingly written, and I love all the choices you can make with your MC!

Also…Shaw :eyes:.

So excited to read the rest of this and see what else you have in store for us!

5 Likes

This is amazing :grin: now I’m definitely curious about the deal made with the demon on the last chapter. This is definitely something I’m gonna play once the full version is out. I wonder what Shaw’s hiding, it’s obvious that whatever he can’t tell the MC is illegal but maybe he just really didn’t want to say it. I’m not really the one for brainstorming since I usually miss important details but I’m curious what the MC doesn’t remember but it have something to do how he got their powers right? Or is it inborn?

1 Like

thank you! :sparkling_heart: as for what the mc does/doesn’t remember, there will be answers for that - and for where their powers come from :eyes:

7 Likes

The story seems really good so far! The writing seems to flow nicely so good job!! :+1:

2 Likes