In the future, human civilization has been spread across space by the Interstellar Cartography Association. The ICA used their monopoly on assistance from the Aydan-Machine, the first fully sentient machine intelligence, to control the weft-piloting required for faster-than-light travel. While the ICA is officially dedicated to humane treatment of all intelligences, and benign leadership, they are not without opposition.
You are enjoying your current life as a highly ineffective trader tromping through the backworlds and trading at a loss. It beats the pants off your prior career as an agent for the Kempari College, the group of anthropological academics who oppose the ICA’s dependence on the Aydan-machine. Your last assignment went so wrong that you’re technically wanted for murder and espionage, but nobody seems to mind. As long as you maintain your estrangement from the Kempari.
Which makes it a real bummer when you get busted for your past associations right as the diplimatic situation between Kempus and the ICA falls completely apart. Now your old associates need your help, and if you won’t sign-up for their sake, they’re willing to bribe you with just what you need to continue your contentment.
Will you forgive your past associates and return to the fold? Change sides and work with the ICA? Or will you do what it takes to continue making a go of it on your own?
- Play as male, female, or non-binary music-loving Kempari-agent-turned-trader
- Navigate rescue missions, diplomatic confrontations, and run an interstellar blockade
- Rekindle an old flame, reunite with a lost friend, dive back in to a complicated companionship, or decide to go it alone.
- Re-up for the cause, take a stand for your friends, or take care of yourself
- Explore outposts and planets with unusual geology.
At 151,000 words for chapters 1-7 of 10 total. You can play the first seven chapters here.
Questions, comments, and other feedback all welcome!