Secrets of Swatheford (WIP) Updated: July 30

Gosh, I’m already in love with this WIP and it only has one chapter! Your characters are absolutely loveable and I want to smooch all of them already. The lore also seems very interesting, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of it! Keep up the good work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

5 Likes

I’m sorry. But what exactly did you mean by ‘I understand where you’re coming from’? I have usually heard people using this to criticize the one who comments.
I just mentioned what I felt while reding through the demo as to the similarity with another COG game I played.
If it has somehow hurt your feelings, I am not to be judged.

1 Like

It just means that I can understand why you would make the point there is no criticism in the statement lol I’m sorry if it came across that way

2 Likes

I agree I also got strong Wayhaven vibes I would say In some ways it’s different enough like the dreams and the lore about this world. I think maybe the author should take the tea coffee choice out because that’s also in wayhaven while with the rest I’m confident that the author can make this different enough just with some similar aspects.

Also to the author I would love it if you could add a blushing dumbstruck reaction when mc runs into Blake or female version and then curses himself/herself for thinking that because B’s rude.

4 Likes

Here’s hoping B is a super Tsundere.

8 Likes

Idk I like having a tea option cause some weird people like myself won’t ever drink coffee even if it was the only thing to drink

10 Likes

Nice to know I’m one of those “weird” ones too then! I can’t stand coffee, so the option to choose is welcome! :blush:

7 Likes

Let me join the “weird ones that don’t drink coffee” squad, please. I honestly dislike it if the MC in CoGs always drink coffee like, sorry to tell you, there are people out there that don’t do that LOL

While it gives off wayhaven vibes I wouldn’t really call the game too close to it personally. It’s more like how all those magical girl anime out there have the same premise, I guess?

I liked it so far so I’m looking forward to more.

PS: I also hope B is a major tsundere, fingers crossed

13 Likes

Everyone here acting like coffee is the only legitimate drink :joy:

Still, am a tea fan, so can’t really complain :grin:

Can I just say…
animenope2

9 Likes

In general I don’t think the option about drink should be removed just because there is a similar one in other game. :woman_shrugging: Also… TEA! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I feel that lol I like coffee but I’ll take tea pretty much every time

4 Likes

People talking bout coffee and tea, and my Texan self like but what about sweet iced tea? :wink:

4 Likes

Haha! As a fellow Texan I totally understand. Maybe I’ll add in an iced tea option in the next update just for fun :wink:

9 Likes

I’m a tea drinker so I was glad about the tea option.

And personnally, I love in chinese restaurant their iced milk tea. So sweet ~.

At the end of the demo, I think it could be more easy for the reader to explicit what the Divine Balance is. I know who it is obviously but reaching the end of the demo I actually struggle to remember what it was supposed to be and I had to re-read the synopsis. But maybe I was the only one with this amnesia ? And the “answer” to this problem could be n the next panel of the demo with the reactions of the people. Just a simple solution.

1 Like

I love how the drink choice (tea and coffee etc.) option has turned into a big deal :grin:

As for the ‘amnesia’ it doesn’t seem like there is a lot to be forgetting as far as I remember anyway (haha) it seemed vague, which is good! Don’t want the power and it’s possible effects being revealed too early!

6 Likes

It’s an important option ! ~

Yes, I’m not saying to detail everything about what the Divine Balance can do (let’s keep some secrets and assets) but more like what is the common knowledge about this.

I mean, I totally forgot that it could change everything in one way or another. I was like, I know that term, I read it. What is that object supposed to do again ? Just emphasizes in one phrase what it could do, or writing it more clearly. In the end to not have to re-roll to the synopsis. To have a reaction like “oh yeah it was that, I remember now, next ~”.

1 Like

I think it’s unfair to propose changes in the choices so early, plus as someone that started drinking coffee at the age of 6 I’m very biased.

A lot of stories have similar plots but different executions, and from what I see the ROs are very different (I’m really looking forward to the childhood friend :eyes:).

9 Likes

Hey the concept is awesome really loved it and waiting for future updates

4 Likes

ngl, this coupled with the ROs’ ethnic diversity (we love the flavor!) hooked me!

I’m eager to learn more about the Divine Balance lore — Chapter 1 doesn’t say much but I’m excited to see how you worldbuild around it!

i also thought dance dance revenge was a fun flashback hahaha

2 Likes

I love it so far. I’m basically thinking that my PC Jamie Langston in Weyhaven and Charlie Langston here are cousins with a few similarities. :grin:

Also I am a police person with a Officer Santiago as a BFF/secret lover. I am basically Jake Peralta.

11 Likes