Samurai of Hyuga fanart!

It is. Seeing as we have little to no description of his outfit in the books, I figured I could improvise. And since Kondo people were based off of Ainu, I thought their clothing could be similar. Which kinda put me in a dilemma, because I didn’t know if those clothes would make our ninja stand out more or less? I still don’t, but I’ve made my peace.
And I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A Kondo dressing the part of a Kondo would be fairly unassuming, I would think. Most people would assume Toshio is just the Ronin’s servant, and that’s how he likes it.

You also did a great job making Masami look like the cocky little shit that she is. :laughing:

2 Likes

“I Refuse”

I thought this was a fairly powerful scene, all things considered. Along with the “You forget yourself”, both in presentation through narration, and through the interface.
I wish I could better capture it better, and that I had a better camera for taking the picture, but at least it hides the flaws in the drawing. I think this is the first picture of one of the demons? I would be interested to see how others portray the villains and other side characters; there are definitely some colorful characters in the Samurai of Hyuga. not to mention better renditions of the demons would be a sight to behold.

Otherwise, I am very impressed by all of your pictures. Especially your opening post, niawo. You’ve done a good job of setting a first impression and standard on our art here in this thread. Something to aspire to at the very least.
I look forward to seeing more art here, and your future works as well, MultipleChoice.

(For those curious, He is Samyueru: Calculated, Chivalrous, Stoic, Protective, and Finesse; with the spirit animal Chipmunk.)

20 Likes

Toshio is bae :blush:

85 Likes

I drew Momoko <3

Please, come back soon, good doctor. Who’s gonna patch us up now when you’re gone?

64 Likes

I am mostly over on tumblr these days but I thought I’d come post a semi-finished design for my ronin again. :+1:

41 Likes

Haven’t posted anything here in quite a while since most of the SoH related stuff I’ve drawn is connected to some weird AU discord chat came up with. But this one is canon, so have a Jun. And my ronin Akira.

62 Likes

Oh. And also have this shit as a bonus, because that’s probably the most true to canon thing I’ve ever done.
“Glad to be of service. May I ask what you are painting, Baron? Or is it Mister Baron instead?”

42 Likes

NICE, dude you have posted the first comic strip here! well done!

1 Like

Hahah. And the first meme as well. Thanks, mate

I actually did this one back in october, but was too embarrassed to post it to a place where author-sama can see.

3 Likes

never be embarrassed about posting things, trust me, what you class as embarrassing I am most likely to post something worse as I have no sense of human embarrassment whatsoever :grin:. Just see me s the fool of the Forum KK, my existence is to make a fool out of myself :grin:

I wish I could draw as well as you guys haha~ I would love to be able to draw my MC and the gang and bring them to life but alas my art skills are sorely lacking :") Oh well, maybe one day I’ll finally get to contribute to this community with a fanfic, who knows¿?

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I already began thinking that your ronin has a personality almost identical to Kjelle’s - Fire Emblem Awakening, right? This just lowkey justified all the times I made her into a Swordmaster - shes a samurai now !! Haha

Well, technically it’s a variation on a Kate Beaton comic…

Also, how does one remove one’s beard while kissing? This is a trick that could be useful someday.

My commissions from my sister! It’s of my ronin Emiko and Jun! They’re already up on tumblr, but I decided (with my sister’s permission, of course) that I’d share them on here too! :smile:

57 Likes

I like the little MC charm at the end of Jun’s sword! :smile:

5 Likes

Heh, I put my art I the wrong thread:

3 Likes

Mood board and quick character sketch of my ronin Soren.

67 Likes

Hi, I’m Izzy and this is my garbage ronin son:

40 Likes

heyo :slight_smile: since im still pretty much torn apart by samurai of hyugai book 3 XD i decided to draw my oc Rin though i havent finished yet but heres a headshot anyway lol

62 Likes