Samurai of Hyuga fanart!

They’re fantastic! I love how colorful the kimonos are. MC wears makeup confirmed? :blush:

9 Likes

This fan art is fantastic and so vibrant. Props to both the talented artists and the writer who inspired the creations.

5 Likes

I’m tempted to write a fanfiction with the author’s permission. I suck at drawing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fanfiction is fine by me. You and everyone have my permission.

11 Likes

Awesome, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok here are my two chibi versions of Toshio and Masashi they are rubbish since im used to drawing animals and proper anime characters than chibi.

they are bad aren’t they :sweat: :cry:

21 Likes

Y’know seeing everyone’s fanart of SoH is inspiring to say the least. To be honest I’ve never really drawn fanart of any kind of fandom until now that is, so thank you @MultipleChoice for SoH and its future installments.

Right, so I drew the last char from my band, the non-lethal kunoichi Kondo that everyone knows and loves

I’m always a stickler for a sane man in a group full of misfits, and Toshie without a doubt fits the role

So the whole cast is done, and boy do I feel quite accomplished :grin: that being said tell me what you guys think, I’m always striving to improve my work.

31 Likes

I had so much fun playing this. I was so proud after linearting the croc tbh it took me hours.

My Akio is mostly Calculated, Charming, Finesse and Protective. Perverted like most of us :joy:

29 Likes

The best way to get one’s artistic juices flowing is by seeing others’ results, it seems. So I hope nobody minds if I post a bust of my Impulsive/Charming/Perverted/Protective/Brutal samurai, Azami.

19 Likes

I was really bored and I couldn’t think of anything else to do (except for a bunch of assignments argghh) and end up making a GIF of Hanji (who is practically my Akio reincarnated but more Stoic and Brutal) if he was to turn corrupted and maybe into an oni which would’ve been very irONIc.

Jokes aside, this took me several hours to get thing done (which could’ve been spared to use for revisions because I have midterms this following week. GENIUS! ) and arranged at http://gifcreator.me/

31 Likes

This terrifies me! I love it!

1 Like

Well done for the Oni pun and the artwork :smile:.

1 Like

@EXHazard the GIF is pretty sweet! Nice imagery you got going on there. How many frames did it take? What drawing platform did you use? I’ve wanted to dabble in animation and GIFs for awhile now but I didn’t have the time nor the expenses to get one. But since well I’ve got plenty of time under my belt now it maybe time to consider one.

All these beautiful pieces made me come out of the creeping cave for SOH. So I thought maybe I might as well put some fanart as well. :blush:

I had this in my sketchbook for awhile. On the right is Jun and the left is my ronin prior to the sensei incident.

25 Likes

@Ramster 50-60 files. 70 something frames. Framerates are between 10 to 2000 millisecs. I did the sketch on my samsung note 3 on an apps called ArtFlow first. Screenshot the thing and re-edit it on SAI. Then, the animations on http://gifcreator.me/

@moonwalkerdragon I like to make puns. Only occasionally but humor is good for the soul some times. :wink:

@MultipleChoice Aww shucks. The gamebook overall is awesome. Although, there are a few grammar errors. Just fragments…like this one word repetition I couldn’t recall. Nothing disturbing enough to cause a disrupt in the sentence though. That aside, I can’t wait for the second one. Played the demo and liked the change of pace. Also, wondered if Hanji could ever defeat Jun without being carved open like a pumpkin.

3 Likes

MC getting injured by Junko serves too many purposes in the narrative for it to optional. It’s a demonstration of Junko’s cruelty and twisted love, and really an embodiment of the past MC has to struggle with.

More practically, the wounds temporarily weaken MC, which opens up many more dilemmas and dynamics that wouldn’t exist before.

19 Likes

My MCs thoughts on the subject of having a small healing time…
“POWER! Such POWER over the entire Japan I wonder what twisted schemes I could conjure up :imp:…Oh-there’s Toshio :smile:, wonder what he would do with my amazing power?” Toshio turns to Moon “say something to me moon?” Moon blushes :flushed: then suddenly realises that she was not thinking to herself, but talking to herself…Oh the humility. Moon walks calmly out of the room trying to look dignified rather than embarrassed…if only she could write, then she could put it all in a journal :pensive:. But then again one of the others would read it, I suppose she could just kill them all…
My MCs opinion on the matter everybody :smile:.

3 Likes

@Multiplechoice Well, that definitely explains. And I meant it seriously. I have this weird fascination for Yandere characters. No. I’m not psycho. I’m just drawn towards psycho and their ways of getting away from murder :’-)

@moonwalkerdragon Moon stop being such a Moon Moon!

2 Likes

That’s my name, don’t ware it out :thumbsup:.

1 Like

Did another little sketch of Gensai, I suppose I made him more muscle bound in this version. Was trying out a different style with a heavy focus on shading and cross hatching.

Was kinda inspired by Akira Toriyama’s work at the time, especially Chrono Trigger. though admittedly I haven’t gotten very far in the game.

39 Likes