Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

I’d imagine the poor kid will hate us after that…

Yet still using a sword in the process - some kind of exorcism? Maybe literally cutting it out?

I do wonder if we’ll finally learn what The Sword Who Cuts the Heavens in supposed to mean.

1 Like

They probably hate us at this point. Well more like little kid angry hate but she’ll get over that.

1 Like

I just hope we don’t kill Masa’s sister. That would be beyond redemption.

2 Likes

Are we sure “swing your sword in a different way” was the Emperor?

1 Like

Maybe. Maybe not. Honestly, we have so few clues to the true identity of the last demon and the only suspect so far is Satsuma. But we can’t rule out the possibility that the last demon may be an entirely new character just like the Baron.

2 Likes

I ment are we sure it was the last demon being described.

I already don’t like the emperor (really interrupting Toshie time?)and there is something off about him. Maybe I just don’t want to believe anyone is that nice…:sweat_smile:

To be honest… I don’t find him nice. He is mysterious and as an Emperor, like some politicians, would know how to play politics. XD

1 Like

He does give off a don’t trust vibe…

1 Like

About Jun/ko: the author can’t give the choice to kill them in Book 4 because if we choose NOT to, the story of the next books would be DRASTICALLY different. And he won’t force us to kill them. I mean, of course he COULD, but seriously? This is all about the player making CHOICES. Forcing us to kill a major character that many of us adore would be a baaaad move.

7 Likes

To be fair no one said kill. It would also be bad to drag a plot thread on longer than needed, when we only have 6 or seven books planned.

Devon has indicated they wanted book 3 to build up for the confrontation. So many signs point to the big showdown for Junko in book 4. Also we can see we always don’t get choices we want, just ask our poor beheaded student…

Perhaps. But I view that as a necessary situation for our Ronin’s development. Jun/ko, on the other hand, seems to be a different matter. I have an inkling that Devon will give us a choice in regards to their fate. But overall, all we can do is speculate.

5 Likes

Perhaps book 4’s climax will be a showdown with Jun/ko but before things could go either way it will be interrupted. We could still make the choice of if we wanted to kill them but can’t really act on it till later.

9 Likes

This was a reply I had typed up but forgot to send a couple weeks ago. Sorry about the delay, but hopefully I can still ease concerns some may have over the feminimity of MC:

While the idea of the ronin turning into a moe popstar is hilarious, dresses and make-up are by no means what I’m going for in Book 4. I am far more interested in the psychological aspects MC will have to deal with when Jun forces MC to confront his/her feminine or (in Junko’s case) the masculine.

There are positive and negative aspects to each, and only by struggling with and accepting all aspects of himself/herself will MC grow as a person. Before I go on I have to reiterate that there will be no forced romances. That said, we often develop/learn and grow from our passions. ‘Desire’ is a fundamental and primal urge to build from.

For female MC, she has to confront what it means to “surrender yourself to your passion” in order to realize what it is to “surrender yourself to your responsibility”. A woman who has surrendered herself to her responsibility–be it a craft, a profession or children–is almighty.

To willing bear all the weight of the world adds all the richness of the world to her life. This is the mother with three kids who has to chaffeur them to school and clubs and work part-time and have dinner ready and run a hundred other errands just to keep the house in one piece! This is so much weight that she accepts and it adds a level of fulfillment and richness to her life that turns me into this:

And similarly, for male MC, he has to confront what it means to “take what you want” in order to realize what it is to “take on ultimate responsibility”. A man who has willingly taken on ultimate responsibility heaves the globe of Atlas and cross of Jesus and marches forward like the father who only gets to see his kids once a month and so on and so on and I think you get my point!

Country song lyrics aside, there is an absolute ton of potential character growth here and I look forward to it!

18 Likes

I am glad to see that you are actually looking into the psychological aspects. I really don’t know why the first thing that comes to mind for some people in regards to feminimity was wearing dresses and makeup. I also glad that there is also equivalent aspects for the men.

I am very much looking forward to see my Ronin continue to grow on the future books.

9 Likes

I’m not sure if I understood your message right, since English is not my fist language. But are you saying the female MC’s will have to learn to “surrender” and male MC’s to be the man that “takes” what is needed?

Probably I have get it totally wrong, otherwise I would be terrible disappointed :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

If we get past the negative view on surrendering and taking, surrendering doesn’t always mean you are not strong enough but choosing your battle wisely. Taking doesn’t always mean ovepowering, it might also mean taking the step to change the world for the better even though society think it is not worth the effort to do so.

2 Likes

It is negative is surrender applies only to females, and taking only to men. It seems extremely sexist for me. Why, if I play a F!Ronin, have to embrace surrendering? Why can’t I embrace “taking”? Why can’t M!Ronin embrace surrendering?

What pissed me off is that I got the impression that surrendering (submitting) will be forced into female ronins. But I don’t know, maybe I misunderstood the original message.

11 Likes

I think I’m too queer to not cringe at all that women have to accept this, men have to accept that talk… eh, maybe my brain just can’t process that stuff. I will just cling to

and hope the best for now ¯_(ツ)_/ ¯ can’t do anything else until I read how it actually ends up.

Basically, same.

12 Likes

We don’t seem to have a good context in what he meant, and we may not until the book is out. So I am going to withhold any type of Comment that may reflect negatively on something I’ve enjoyed for three books until after I’ve had a chance to actually play it myself to understand what he is getting at.

He’s done nothing to lose my faith as of now, so I will remain optimistic for Book 4.

(All we can really do is make speculations as to what he actually means, and I’m not for that myself, especially when it has the chance to reflect negatively upon something based on our own views and opinions.)

7 Likes