Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

Give it a year at the very least. The game just came out recently didn’t it?

2 Likes

Could we expect it to release in late 2018? The demo perhaps?

Also, what other games do some of you suggest while I wait for the next book?

I can’t give any solid details since I’m a fan like you are, but you can check out this thread here if you’d like to learn more! Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!) - #1001 by Chain321

As to other games… really depends on what kind of genre you like, though as someone who’s played pretty much every CoG and HG release since Choice of Broadsides was a new thing, I can honestly say you can’t really go wrong. :slight_smile:

You might want to check the author’s web page for any updates, etc.

http://www.multiplechoicestudios.com/

4 Likes

Assuming it goes by the same development cycle as 3 (not the safest assumption), it’s going to be about one year and a month before it’s close to release. This assumes unforeseen delays, like the author getting sick or the massive backlog COG is going to get hit with due to the contest, don’t end up delaying things further (again, not a safe assumption).

For things similar in style to Samurai of Hyuga, I can only really turn to the author’s first release under HG (Fatehaven). Devon has a very distinct voice that isn’t really present in the rest of the catalog. For similar levels of darkness and intense imagery, I’d say the Deathless series scratches a somewhat similar itch.

2 Likes

I’m still wondering what happened to Hatch though. I mean we haven’t gotten much scenes after his spiritual attunement and he taking the place of General Shatao seems a bit too dramatic. I guess Satsuma would have it already planned as to who would be the next general after the MC kills Shatao. Also I wonder what made the MC forget the jigoku in the first place. Is it because he/she forgot about junko?

From my own interpretation since the Ronin forgotten their past, they also forgot why they learned Jigoku in the first place. This is probably why in Book Four, it will concentrate more on Jun/no and our past to re-learned the technique.
I think the Baron’s power is more than forgetting your past IMO.

P. S. You could blur some parts out since some of it are spoilers but I think it is safe to say majority have already play this?

3 Likes

Sorry, but how do you blur the text again ?

Put the text in between [ spoiler] and [/ spoiler] without the spaces, I believe.

Any idea what’s gonna happen to hatch? I mean wouldn’t Satsuma have an alternative for the General?

My guess is that we will leave him there for a bit (maybe for the whole game) and focus on just the Robin and Jun/ko but he will probably return

@Nishnt
When writing a comment, click on the cog icon next to the smiley and choose blur spoiler.

Like this.

Choice of deathless was supposed to have a sequel right ?

It did have a sequel I believe, or a spin-off. But either way, the author did make another story in the same universe

1 Like

He took the general’s place because if he didn’t the rest of the army would continue being scum and doing whatever they pleased. Like rape, pillage, murder, etc.

This way pretending to be the general he can at least control them and steer them in a better direction or at least reduce the amount of bad shit they do.

2 Likes

Yet it is ok to be depicted in movies and certain shows? I can understand if the game didn’t disclaimer beforehand as a warning, and people having a problem with that… Or if it were in poor taste like giving the player character an option to engage in these horrendous acts, but if it is to highlight the evil of the villain I think it is fair game.

1 Like

Can only speak for myself here when I say I avoid those books and films, so no, it is not O.K. ‘in my book’.

1 Like

@ghost3337 I think we have to stop cropping up this issue. Some people have their own limits in terms of some sensitive topics that they would like to avoid when playing a game. We cannot compelled them to be indifferent to such topics since they are largely affected.

2 Likes

Questiooondon’t know if it’s been answered yet but is there a way for Mc to use jigoku in book 3, I’ve tried lowering attoment to 40% in all books but still no luck :\