Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

Well for book one, I managed to kill the snake demon’s henchman by using my own techinque. Then when I saw I had no choice, I had to use Hell Release’s Style to slaughter the rest of Nishi’s men. When I found the opportunity to spare Daisuke, I chose the 3rd option which falls into the brutal attunement. After that, I killed everyone that got in my way and killed Shiroyama with the Wild Boar. 2nd book, well I just stayed brash and rude as usual and ta-da! Daisuke was there at the Baron’s mansion with no memory of my Hell’s Release Style or the fact I spared him. He will though eventually in book 3 when Bogira and Daisuke tags along with you after the whole island thing comes to an end.

1 Like

ah so… he really does die in book 3 :confused: crap and no way to stop it huh… thanks for telling me i dont have to feel bad about not being able to save him then… i get what u mean XD i usually play a calculating (crocodile) kinda character tho i swing between being brutal or finesse lol…

Nope if you give him the spear, he becomes pretty badass with it. Even if you don’t train him and the option to tell him to stab anything that comes his way, he will do it perfectly.

3 Likes

i did do that XD and yahp he is incredibly badass but somehow i still end up him being dead? idk if its a bug or i chose the wrong option to keep him alive? how did u teach ur students?

Usually I taught them how to strike properly. Told them not to waste time on manners but on drills instead. Mentored Iges and tried to mentor Nisihi but she told me to F off (oh well) and I went pretty easy on Iges by asking how his hands were and encouraged Hatch to follow the path of the true samurai and told him I believed in him against Gomo (or whatever his name was). Daisuke doesn’t need much encouragement aside from getting a spear. Hatch wants you to teach him how to fight with a katana like you while Nisihi is comfortable with a club.

3 Likes

alright thanks @MichaelCrank will try this next playthrough hope it works :>

1 Like

No problem! Let me know how it goes for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really need to start playing. XD Or I might accidentally see some scenes.

I don’t like the reaction I am seeing…

@MichaelCrank It would be much appreciated if you could blur your reaction to a certain character (Post# 71) it might spoil other people’s experience.

1 Like

Just wondering, is Masami a romance or objective you should be protecting, like a daughter or little sister.

The author didn’t give a concrete answer from what I remember.

all we know is the fact masa has a huge ass crush on you… also i dont think he gave out any of the characters exact ages?

1 Like

So, um, what do you think about what happened to Momoko? It hung over me for the rest of the game despite being mentioned in passing and I legit thought there would be an encounter.

Also when against the Baron how does one avoid the Servitude ending (I know its fake but I was at 100% attunement and was still helpless). Are the other options just for show?

6 Likes

well i guess shes tongueless, best case scenario or worst case he probably killed her? anything cn happen with jun/ko tbh… tho i really hope it isnt the latter :confused: and yeah im actually really suprised we didnt even get to see jun/ko or momoko… im wondering how thats gonna play out in the 4th book…

2 Likes

Well after finishing the game the only problem I have is that I gotta wait for about another year to play the 4th instalment.

14 Likes

Don’t think you can do that. No matter how perfect your stats are you cannot avoid it. I had 100% in observation, deduction and attunement but got the servitude ending. I was bloody afraid the first time I got it and restarted the game and got to the same point even after taking the best choices available.
I believe it’s unavoidable like the death of Ige.

4 Likes

Masami better be in the book 4 and she better be a potential RO. Masami’s my girl damn it :confounded: . I just finished the game 100% attunement and I already miss Masami :sob:

8 Likes

I kinda hope it doesn’t go beyond her having a crush. We kinda treat her to much like a child, so it’d be kinda weird(plus she seems about 14). I think it would be hilarious if someone Masami’s age trying started trying to woo her, only for her to be the oblivious one.:joy:
I love how the Ronin seems to stumble into a love triangle no matter where he goes. Has anyone ended up with a chance to romance the disguised Samurai? I just end up with the option to slap her…:sweat_smile:
Also has anyone been able to use the Jigoku? I haven’t since book 1.

9 Likes

And Masami is a minor while your character is in their 30’s. Not the best option …

13 Likes

And that’s a complete playthrough. While I admit I felt the island section was a bit of a drag (I actually liked the investigation, but the whole “still on that island where you can’t tell what is real or not” is a bit off-putting), I really, really enjoyed the next part, and am more hyped than ever for the next book. Yes, I’m greedy! So what I mean to say is “good job!”, I guess? :stuck_out_tongue:

I also was struck by a revelation that all this time, my main character, a female ronin with both impulsive and stoic traits (as an aside, this combination might be fun to roleplay, but it makes it incredibly hard to keep a decent attunement, I always have to guess which line falls under which trait, and consistently get it wrong), a protective streak and a brutal outlook is totally a Ryougi Shiki expy. Can’t believe it took me that long to realize that.

2 Likes

For my Stoic and Calculated ronin mataining attunement was a challenge while I found it hard not to increase attunement for his Charming and Impulsive counterpart.