Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

Yeah perverted, but panda kun is important for me and my character is bang bang look his chest and legs like a lewd… I want her rage and vengeful against Jun Junko not sexually aroused.

1 Like

Personally I think that in that particular scene there is a duality between the lingering lust the MC still have from their common past with psycho-chan, and hatred they feel against them for all they did to MC.

But maybe we can also see another emotion in this scene that is not directly implied but that is probably there, regret, the MC could understandably regret what psycho-chan have become and what they did to her, regret that things have turned that way. The emotional turmoil in which they find themselves in is complicated.

(Fan-theory mode ON)
And this emotional turmoil can also explain why they can’t use their spirit like they did when they fought the oni, the feelings they have for psycho-chan enter in conflict with their inner self, balance or whatever, and since the use of spirits requires you to be true to yourself, you also need to be true to your feelings. The MC being disturbed by the reappearance of psycho-chan into their life they don’t really know what they feel anymore. They are so emotionaly shaken by psycho-chan that they don’t have time to process this, as old wounds reopen, old feelings comes back to the surface and conflict with the new feelings created by the new life, the new themselves the MC is trying to build. These feelings aren’t the result of conscious thinking, but of subconscious feelings coming back up in their minds after so much time.
(Fan-theory mode OFF)

wow, I’m really long-winded tonight…

5 Likes

I hope my character doesn’t have feelings for Psycho kun. That’s my issue with this almost no choice type of stories. I am not fond to have to deal with a preset feelings. I just skip everything since how great Jun is and all that. I would love could think “When I was a teen i felt something for Psycho. However now I prefer bang a frag mine than being nice with him her.” I like the rest of game except that relationship i just hope i won’t be forced to romance psycho kun because that’s a big NO in my book. I wouldn’t play something that forced me to a romantic path. And all those scenarios screaming force romance to me, hence my problem.

2 Likes

So, I played the demo a few times with a few different characters and though it was pretty nice. @MultipleChoice, you managed to reach a good balance between drama and comedy without any of them feeling forced or out of place, and that’s very good.

On another hand, for everyone in the thread, should we be thinking of expanding the TvTropes page? Maybe putting different folders for “tropes present on book 1” and “tropes present on book 2”. Here’s the page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/SamuraiOfHyuga

5 Likes

I’m pretty much certain that you will not be forced to romance any particular character.

The MC more than likely, simply noted that Jun(ko) was attractive and that they were once in a relationship, but that’s it.

I don’t like yandere characters too. I have heard of this type before but I experienced it when I was playing Amnesia Memories (an otome game) . It got me creeped out. :frowning:

I don’t think the author will force the reader to romance on a certain character. Since the MC and Jun(ko) have a history together, it is not unusual for them to have some lingering feelings (whether love or lust but I think it’s more on the latter) But it is the past and the author has provided us some choices how we will shape the MC’s future and love life. XD
As for me, planning to get my MC with Toshi-kun so I’m so excited to play the rest of the game. XD

2 Likes

Like @bl00dragon said: the whole sexually aroused thing with Jun(ko) is probably because your MC is perverted and Hatch and Momoko kind of get the same treatment depending on the sexual orientation of the MC. It’s much more toned down if the MC is chivalrous.

By the way, am I the only one who is much more wary of Momoko than of Jun(ko)? I feel like I know what to expect of Jun(ko) but Momoko is kind of a mystery.

3 Likes

Meh, not really, I think it’s highly unlikely that she’ll betray us once more after all we did for her, and if she’s planning anything she is hiding it very well. Beside she isn’t someone bad, nor in her actions nor in her words, sure she is a mystery but, hey, she isn’t the one that tried to chop off your head, and what could possibly be her interest in harming either MC or their gang ? I’m personally much more wary of creepy-artist-guy that man give off bad vibrations, I smell trouble with this one. Plus it seems he’s a ninja given he arrive precisely when you’re in front of his mural painting, seriously, what were the odds that creepy-san would find us if he weren’t searching for us in the first place… ? (paranoia ON :expressionless:)

7 Likes

Momoko seems very simple to me really, so no, I don’t feel particularly wary about her, which does not mean I entirely trust or believe her. Toshie is the one I have my eyes on (and the one I like the least so far).

LOL we could have two potential ROs - Junko the Yandere and Masami the Tsundere.

6 Likes

How about Toshi(e)?

I’m wondering what trope does him/her fall under?

I have no idea what either of those things mean.

Yandere has two kind of personalities: They openly show their love (devotion) to you BUT their extreme devotion tend to lead to brutality or violence especially to their love rivals.
Tsundere tend to be initially cold or hostile toward to you but eventually warm up to you at certain situation.

So… bad anime trope characters, then. Got it!

2 Likes

I think that’s a kuudere, not sure though…

1 Like

I also don’t think that she plans to betray us it’s just that…

“It was very easy for me to misinterpret the meaning behind those words. That is to say, into something a little more inviting than a disinfecting scrub. Luckily I knew my personal physician to be more professional than that. At least…that was what I thought at the time.”

…this kind of made me wary of her. Not the “she will stab me in the back”-wary but the “she will try something unprofessional that I will most likely not be comfortable with”-wary

1 Like

I find Jun to be an interesting character, or, at least, I want to know more about his history with the MC. The yandere part doesn’t really bother me, even though the yandere archetype is like…one of my most hated anime archetypes. I think it might have to do with the relatively few number of male yanderes out there, compared to the female ones? So Jun’s characteristics appear fresher to me somehow lol. If I was a guy and I had to deal with Junko I’d be like ‘THIS PSYCHO NEEDS TO DIE RIGHT NOW’.

The only characters that don’t really bother me are Jun and Toshio. Jun for his (kind of) freshness, and Toshio because he’s still a little mysterious (but not so mysterious that it’s annoying). I still like the other characters they just…rub me the wrong way sometimes. For Masashi with all his tsundere, I’m SO glad we don’t have to just take his attitude and put up with it. THANK YOU DEVON CONNELL. THANK YOU.

@Chinya, I find Momoko to be an unsympathetic character for many reasons, but I’m not sure whether or not she would betray us again. I wouldn’t necessarily put it past her, but I think most likely that part of her character arc is over? Who knows though haha.

You guys, for all the adorbs current characters that we have going on right now, I’m also super stoked to see what new characters we’ll get introduced to :smiley: Thus far, I found the Golden General shogi guy to be entertaining, and I appreciated the MC’s perspectives on seppuku. That scene was really well done, IMO.

6 Likes

Okay i probably late to say this but if u watched the Future Diary there a yandere like character in it

P.s the anime Japanese name is Mirai Nikki

1 Like

I think having Momoko back stab someone would hurt her more than us.

Don’t know why, though.

2 Likes

Funny my character is a guy who has to deal with Jun and after what he did to Masashi that’s exactly how he feels.
Also my mc didn’t like to be carved into like some piece of meat blocnote, hope those scars will go away eventually.

3 Likes