Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

I actually like Momoko very much, but that exactly is my problem. I like her as a friend and it feels like she feels more for the MC than friendship. It’s a bit more obvious with a male MC than a female MC, but I think because the MC saved her she has developed some kind of crush for them. Which is funny (for lack of a better word) because a MC who is attracted to men feels like they may have developed a crush on Hatch.

Edit: I was wrong by the way. After going through the game again I noticed that it doesn’t matter whether the MC is male or female, Momoko’s “advances” remain the same.

1 Like

I’m curious, have we been told who are the characters on that cover above the demo on the site? I imagine it’s a female MC and maybe Jun? But I’m not sure.

The woman seems to be our ronin. She’s wearing the soy sauce hat as described in the game, paper charm included. I can’t say who the other is, but I don’t think he looks wild enough to be Jun.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought. I also think he looks to old to be Masashi. So, it’s likely a new character?

I thought he was supposed to be an older version of Masashi, and the female on the cover of the first an older version of Masami.

It’s just an intuition but I think it could be the artist we met in front of his painting. I think there may be more to that guy than meets the eye.

3 Likes

True. I think it’s likely to be the artist. Maybe he’ll even join the party for a while.

Huh, going off that theory, it does leave to question just what he is if the artist does become a party member. Since we already got the Ninja, the Shugenja the redeeming doctor, and the heart of gold Martial artist. With of course the MC the life tattered Ronin I mean, what if he was a fox spirit/demon of sorts, or some other sort of demon. I can’t remember if it was Buddhist or another sort of religion, but Demons at least in a literary sense sort of fall on a sliding scale of ‘evil’ Some are good, other’s a moral grey, and some are just down right creatures of chaos. If he’s sticking with a good number of Eastern Literary traits then that could also be one that comes into play.

Also the reason I suggest Fox Spirit is since those tend to fall along the lines of Moral grey and Chaos spectrum then actual good. They are mischief/tricksters in most depictions of them.

Though just a random theory that hit me…that’s all…Okay I’ll shut up now and go back to my lurking corner now.

1 Like

I always thought that the art featured on both books were the artists depiction of the male and female MC. XD

7 Likes

I… actually would prefer that the artist, if he joins, is only as a temporary member. I like all the character interactions as they are now, and I think it’s a good number of people for the gang. Adding more characters might make the group too big.

But that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

It’s a very valid one. It is usually better to have a small group then a large one for the entirety of the series. It gives more freedom to develop those core characters more. So it’s a very valid opinion. ^.^ I’m more then anything just happy to see where this entire plot goes and see where the characters we adore go or grow.

1 Like

Scant and quick glances at first led me to believe the cover bears[/pun] a highly stylized red panda mask on a more mature Masashi, with a female ronin, to provide a strikingly balanced symmetry with the first cover. Yet, now I see it does appear more likely a kitsune. Clever catch.

3 Likes

Thanks! It was sort of a flash back to my days of watching Naruto, that’s the only reason I spoted that mask as a Fox one. While it would be pretty cool to be a Kitsune, just for the fact I don’t remember anyone being described as having white hair. Though it could also be that on the first was of the MC and a Female Tosh during the first scene we meet them in disguise. Cause in comparison that could also be a female MC and Tosh in ninja garb, maybe…though that’s really, really unlikely cause he looks zip like any description of him. ^.^

1 Like

Hey, thanks!

I myself think a smaller group is better. Not because I don’t think the writing can handle it. But because I think writing five people is enough, if, say, seven were to join, it would be hard to make sure all of them appear enough. So I’d rather have some temporary companions rather than having Hatch or Toshie showing up less in a sequel.

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees the mc in the early 20’s! Everyone was saying early 30’s and I just couldn’t picture it. Maybe because in usual games the characters are pretty young, but even so, the personality I gave my mc sounded pretty youthful lol. I’m hoping the mc exagerates on masashi’s youth and I hope they will be romancable. Maybe It’s kinda like how teens are when they hit around 15/16 they call 13 year olds kids or say “what are you 12?” Even though it’s a small age difference :joy: It might be a mental thing and after you hit a certain age anyone below that number is a kid

8 Likes

I always thought of our mc in his late twenties or mid thirties.

2 Likes

I think the age of the Mc was left rather open (which I really appreciated) allowing for multiple playthroughs of different characters! I mean I usually lean more towards late twenties to early thirties for my main Mc anyway but, it really made the game have a more open feel to it in terms of character creation.

2 Likes

I usually lean more towards the mid twenties (24-26), since it’s how characters are usually depicted on videogames.

3 Likes

I leave this site for couple of months and when I return, not only do I find progress has been made on a sequel to my favorite choicescript game, but that there’s an actual playable demo? You spoil me good sir/madam. I tip my metaphorical hat to you.

8 Likes

You know what I wonder now after playing this demo for what has to be at least the twelfth time? What was Jun(ko) and Masa talking about before the MC showed up. Most of me guesses that it was a whole manic Jun(ko) rambling and he/she having a one sided convo with themselves. While an itsy part of me wonders. Did Masa smart off to Jun(ko)? Did they have that moment that they were like “You’ll be sorry when (MC) get’s here!” or something like that. Or even trying to talk some logic into Jun. It was just something that hit me when I read the line
“Speak of the devil.”

15 Likes