Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

I can kind of picture how the MC and Junko were drawn to each other being the only two known students training under the sensei - although I hope to get to make choices that shapes some aspects of their past relationship - though we do know they apparently skipped the friendship phase altogether.

Also I’m getting some Blade of the Immortal vibes (gruff samurai with dark mysterious past wielding a special ability who is hired as a bodyguard by a young adult/adolescent). Its a great manga that’s kind of overshadowed by Vagabond.

3 Likes

The author’s previous book Fatehaven was also fairly linear, i think it’s just their style. Hopefully I’m wrong though, I would like to see some more impactful choices!

2 Likes

Same here, I’d like there to be more meaningful choices if possible.

Lol, that also sort of described Seirei no Moribito.

1 Like

@Harian
The Samurai of Hyuga series will likely expand beyond a trilogy. Your idea of flashbacks with choices that alter the ‘present day’ is great one! My intention is to flesh out the relationship between MC, Junko/Jun and their Sensei.

@tw1stedmind
You are definitely right, my gamebooks are written to be more bookey than gamey. If I had to name it, I’d call it the ‘personalized novel’ approach. @Harian put it best: it allows for gripping narrative and meaningful characters, at the cost of limiting choices and large branches. This limiting is particular important for a series of this scale, where variables and branches can easily get out of hand.

@Shoelip
I love Moribito. To prove it, try naming your character Balsa!

19 Likes

You defenatly got the personalized novel going I was gonna say choose your own lawsuit military kick down door what I was gonna say novel not adventurer you vampires

Yea longer something is the narrower the railroad has to be for coding purposes unless you have a army of 10foot supermen with coding skills and yet you still made the first one interesting and fate haven was well fatehavenesk hard to say much trippy cool? Kafkaesk I guess. Your making a wonderful game with lots of little choices with some story variation simmilar to mass effect in a way

1 Like

I’ve always wondered who the cover art is on the fi st game and this one.

4 Likes

I call this the concise approach vs the verbose approach … my WiP has been compared to yours in structure so I’m very glad that we really do have the same outlook on our stories.

I am going to send this passage to an other author to show them your words too.

What I miss is a choice to don’t be attracted to Junko Jun. I can understand in the pass our character has him her as lover. But it was years ago!! I see Jun Junko as a ugly as hell annoying character My character HATES her him.my girl thoughts are “HOW IN HELL I COULD KISS THAT UGLY PIECE OF CRAP? She is mad, ugly and poorer than me” Also a choice of what is our further goal after main mission like being rich or create a whore house inn. Dunno :wink: But a not have to read how sexy Junko is could be so appreciate

2 Likes

You don’t get to choose your emotions. The main character has their own personal background that’s already set, and one thing about them is that they have a deep abiding connection to Jun/ko from years of shared trauma

3 Likes

I always found Yanderes rather interesting (within the ream of anime fiction). Right now I feel more pity for Junko than any outright hatred, I wonder if she was always this mentally disturbed or if this a byproduct of her training under the presently deceased sensei.

3 Likes

Yeah but I think we as players should it won’t be to much work only few phrases. I really thing that would add depth.
I found Yanderes sick and the worst people ever they are doing nasty stuff and killing people in real life.

1 Like

You can think whatever you like about them as a player. It just doesn’t change what the character thinks because that’s apparently an important part of the story.

3 Likes

It was just a suggestion. I just don’t see how not find her him attractive could be key in the storyline except game will forced me to BANG AND ROMANCE HIM HER . If so I want to know it right away to don’t buy it and other of the saga.

1 Like

Overreacting mara sighted… Meh, don’t worry I’m sure you’ll be able to kill psycho-chan sooner or later.
Personally I would rather turn her to the light side, be like :
“Come back to the light side Yandere-chan ! I’ll give you cookies ! Lots of cookies !”
And if I can’t… Well I won’t feel bad for putting down my axe-crazy ex-girlfriend, will I ?
I guess it would be more like freeing a zombie from undeath or whatever.

7 Likes

I don’t care kill her him or not I just don’t want read each five words how hot he or she is and that with a detailed description of all contrary I found attractive. Of course i will kill him at first option possible i don’t stand bullies

Let’s just assume there’s something lost in translation because this discussion isn’t going to go anywhere good.

When you write a book, you usually try to avoid describing too much to avoid just that. Since the perspective of people changes how they see somethone as being attractive. If not, remember that in samurai of hyuga you’re not “playing as you”, you are the ronin but you “weren’t” (if you know what I mean) really the ronin at least not until the flashbacks comes.

You take on the existence of someone who already has a past. The thing is the ronin of course still have some lingering “affection” for psycho-chan but in the definitive it’s up to the player if they still feel the same for them or not. You must also remember that “love” doesn’t really describe their past relationship, “lust” does, as the character himself said.

While I understand, and share, your feelings about psycho-chan (Harming a girl especially one as young as masami REALLY pisses me off, which is a good thing since they (psycho-chan) become a character that inspire emotions even if they are bad.) it shouldn’t push you to the point of stopping to read this series which is really awesome and hopefully will continue to rock like it does now.

I rant too much don’t I ? :smiley:

EDIT: [quote=“Shoelip, post:243, topic:18381, full:true”]
Let’s just assume there’s something lost in translation because this discussion isn’t going to go anywhere good.
[/quote]

Don’t worry I’m not going to throw myself on a raging fit because of Mara, I know that’s just how she is.

4 Likes

I understand this is a character i have no real control over and choices are really really limited in a way you could say there is no choice at all just different flavour text. However , after how Jun Junko treated Panda kun i just can’t stand how my character doesn’t care and only think in bang that psycho.( worse taking account he is ugly as hell for my point of view) i think text should be more neutral in wording or let me choose if my only desire is bang a psycho or not. If bang the psycho is forced i probably just don’t play the new part because xhoose my romantic partner should be a choice not fixed. @Shoelip I don’t fight with anything I am in a civil discussion with other people and giving suggestions. Please could you stop suggesting i am acting badly

2 Likes

hmm ? I don’t remember the MC-san not caring about that, actually I remember my character being shaken by the situation and really worried about masami. What are your stats ?

That’s probably because your MC is perverted (If I remember correctly ?), perverted MC seems to want to bang everything that comes their way… (Is that you commander Shepard ?)

8 Likes