Hi, all! This is another one of side projects I’m working on, mostly because I’ve hit a block with all my other WIPs. It’s a story loosely based on the Argonauts, focusing on a few characters at most.
Right now, it’s very short, only totaling to <10k words, but I plan to add more in the next updates.
Here is the link to the demo if you want to try it: https://dashingdon.com/go/7075
And here is the link to my blog for updates and other general stuff: http://calypsoan.tumblr.com/
In here, you play as a crew member of the Argo, sailing with your crew and joining them on their many adventures.
- Sail on many adventures with your crew.
- Retrieve the golden fleece, save cities, and slay monsters… or completely tame them!
- Become a champion of an Olympian, and receive a blessing from them.
- Choose an Olympian to fight for.
- Romance one of your crewmates… or simply befriend them.
- Atalanta (f) : She’s a champion of Artemis, and is skilled with hunting, as well as with her bow and arrow. She is reserved and stand-offish, feeling out of place in a crew mostly inhibited by men.
- Jason (m) : Leader of the Argonauts, son of Aeson, and champion of Hera. He seeks to reclaim his lost kingdom, and has sought you for assistance. He is steadfast and driven, and yet something tells you that he’s harboring guilt from something in his past.
- Castor (m) : He’s the twin brother of Pollux, and is a son of Tyndareus. He’s fun and free-spirited, preferring to take things on as they come rather than preparing for them. And yet beneath his smiles and his jokes, something bothers him. Will you be the one to ease his worries?
- Pollux (m): He’s the twin brother of Castor, and is a son of Zeus. Unlike his brother, he’s serious, never seems to know how to have fun, and always preferring to prepare for things before they even happen. But like his brother, he is hiding a secret.
Plans for the Next Update:
- Revising the MC’s back story, polishing their experiences with their chosen mentors.
- Adding more background to each of the mentors, instead of the initial short introduction.
- Introducing the other main characters.