S.C.A.R. (Supernatural Combat and Advancement Research)(WIP)[Update 11/10][NEW POLL 3/17]

No, it was just an example of how to do the coding stuff with more than two variables.

1 Like

I find the race choices somewhat inadequate.

Firstly, ‘African American’ is listed, but why not just make it ‘African’? Thats not terribly accurate either, given that there are many different African racial groups, but the way it is now, you’re saying that to be racially African you have to be American too.

There’s also the issue of’ ‘Asian’. I’m not sure what you’re thinking of when you say ‘Asian’, but there are many different Asian racial groups as well, which I can comment on with more detail as I am Asian myself. There are Indians, Malays, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thais and so on (without even getting into the more technical and detailed racial classifications such as Austronesian and others).

If you don’t want to have to add in any other races individually, you could maybe just allow people to have the option to enter their own race if they don’t like the others.

3 Likes

You’re over analyzing. These are just the basic Ethnic groups most games use when they offer choices. Do you go around bringing this up in all the other games? As for American, this takes place in America or at least a fictional version of it. So no matter what ethnic group you belong to, you are essentially an American if you reside there. I’m not getting into the debate on whether the supernaturals are legal or not. S.C.A.R. doesn’t care where you’re from or what background you are. Only on whether you’re useful or not.

I don’t have the desire to list every ethnic group possible, hence why even Caucasian, Hispanic, Latino, Middle Eastern, etc don’t have all the ethnic possibilities either. I may or may not add an input option in the future, as this IMO is of very low priority, when compared to actual game play and story.

7 Likes

Well, I still maintain that it is strange to call it ‘African American’ when none of the other races have a nationality specified. For example, you put down ‘Asian’ and not ‘Asian American’.

If you don’t want to go into so much detail with such things as the various Asian races, then that’s fine. I just thought you would since there you also spent time on details like hair and eye colour (which not many other Choice of/Hosted Games do).

2 Likes

Read this and read this well. If you’re going to create an account and in the span of less than a day come in here and single out my game, when many others use the same choices. And continue to argue the semantics of my word choices and pick them apart, trying to find hidden meanings, when there are none. In a fictional game nonetheless. Then you better call or write the U.S. Government and complain to them, why they use the same choices on their applications. But you’re not, so drop it already.

Also let me give you some advice. If you want to request something to be added to a WIP game, there are two ways to go about it. A right way and a wrong way. Here are some examples.

The right way:
I like to be more specific in choosing my ethnicity/ I don’t see the ethnicity I want to play as listed here. Would it be possible for you to add an option for us to input our own choice, so others like myself can play as the ethnicity we want? Or something along those lines.

If you had done that, I would have been perfectly fine with adding that to my to-do list and implementing it at some point.

The wrong way (your way):
Coming in here and arguing the semantics of my word choices and picking apart what I did choose, in hopes of finding hidden meanings. In which there were none. Not once, but twice.

So let me be perfectly clear, you have two strikes with me already. The moment I deem it necessary that you earned your third and final strike. I will no longer pay attention to anything you post in this thread and will for all intents and purposes; ignore you. So if you decide to respond again, be very careful about your word choices. Lest you earn your third and final strike.

Earlier I said that I may or may not add that option. At the moment, I am leaning towards may not. And that is entirely your fault.

10 Likes

I’m sorry if I made you feel singled out. I just created an account and this happened to be the first thing I saw.

I don’t know what hidden meanings you seem to think I am trying to find. I just saw something that seemed unusual to me, and I commented on it. I thought you were going for detailed character descriptions, but when that didn’t extend to race, I didn’t have a problem with that.

I did still maintain that I found the ‘African American’ thing strange, since where I’m from nationality simply isn’t considered a part of race. I’m not American and I had no idea the American government does it that way. I’m sorry if my ignorance caused you to be offended.

Again, I wasn’t trying to single you out. If I had come across another game with the same choices, I likely would have commented on those as well. It’s just that I didn’t. I wasn’t trying to be hostile to you in any way and I didn’t expect you to get so angry.

2 Likes

Apology accepted. And I’m sorry if I came across as harsh as well. I’ll go ahead and add that option to the to-do list and add it at some point in time.

2 Likes

Hi @Wol
Welcome to CoG forum.

As you can see this community of ours is a place where we like to be civil and it is governed by a set of rules and there are some things that you should avoid.

Here is the set of rules. Go ahead so you know what are the things you should try to avoid

Ok guys -

Please keep the conversation focused on the story-game in question and family-friendly orientated.

The author is serious about publishing their game and is seeking the community’s input on her story. Providing suggestions and constructive criticism is far different then placing demands on the author and harassing her.

Race discussions in threads like this should only be pursued if the author explicitly o.k.s it. Otherwise it can be seen as breaking forum guidelines if excessive. If the author acknowledges feedback but still decides to pursue a certain path, please respect them and their choices.

Please be considerate of the community, the author who is trying to get their work published and the administrative staff that runs this community.

Please do not reply to this post in this thread.

3 Likes

I’m going to go ahead and let you all know that there most likely won’t be an update this week. I’m not going to lie and say I’m “busy”, well I will be “busy”, but busy playing the hell out of Sims 4 :rofl: I don’t play it on PC, only on consoles. So the last time I actually played it was when I was a kid and on the PS2. Now its on the PS4 and I’m so looking forward to playing it once it hits midnight tonight due to me having early access.

However, if I can find some time to pry myself away from it this week, I will try and either add some things from my to-do list, work on the Cafeteria scene, flesh out NPC’s you will meet and most likely be able to romance, or something. Just thought I should give you all a heads up, so you would know what to expect this week.

5 Likes

I wound up picking Neph, they sounded a lot stronger than everyone else, easily improvable, magic and has the best body? Sign me up :blush:

Oh I love you.

I mean… if we heal… it should be allowed right?

I’m being reminded of a video I saw about a year ago, showing babies to young kids being malicious, the babies having toys and the young kids actively impeding themselves.

I’m always reminded of my school days when the girls would be able to slap/stick a banana up a guys ass, that and the general harassment guys would get trouble for. And the middle school days when guys didn’t have gym lockers. Oh and the “She’s a girl.” Fun times. Though we also had guy cheerleaders who did all the suggestive things girls weren’t allowed to.

I’m like having things personalized, so it always looks strange to me when there’s a bunch of options that really won’t affect anything. Though it’s not something I mind.

You should read it, the anime doesn’t finish (it did amazing elsewhere, which is why the manga finished (it got canceled) but in Japan it tanked). But watch the dub if you do, it’s one of the good ones.

1 Like

Yup. Though I may need to buff the weaker classes at some point though. To make them at least somewhat balanced.

Well. supernaturals are tougher and they do heal faster than humans. But I don’t think they’ll regrow lost organs, parts, limbs, etc otherwise it wouldn’t be much of a punishment if they just grew back lol. They’d be like, screw it, whats an eyeball if I get half an hour more sleep, it will grow back by tomorrow. :rofl:

Did whatever they were trying to do have an effect on the bad kids?

Yeah, in my middle school, we had a boys gym and a girls gym, but the classes were mixed. The girls had a locker room and everything, not the guys. My gym glass happened to be in the old boys gym, so the guys in there had to cram into the supply closet and get dressed.

Its gonna be implemented, though it may be a while.

My favorite character was I think her name was Mizuki? The little sister of your blonde “friend”. Love how bat shit crazy she is. 2nd would be Crow, dude is a major bad ass.

[quote=“Otaku_King, post:72, topic:32002”]
whats an eyeball if I get half an hour more sleep, it will grow back by tomorrow. :rofl:
p[/quote]

Pain. Temporary blindness. Money on an eye patch. A mark that you disobeyed recently.

Back then we didn’t have to change, but we had to leave our stuff in the hallway. Protected only by the watchful eye of the… camera. When I got to high school we switched from a hallway to a cage. Though some boys had lockers then.

I’m a sucker for bad guys, I love the warden’s son (especially him, he’s my spirit animal), the warden, the wretched egg etc…

True, so basically like a badge of honor for the rebels. Man, my MC is gonna be a hopping, talking stump of a person lol.

Wow, that is very irresponsible of the school to make you put them in the hallway. Were they responsible if stuff got stolen?

I forget who the wardens son is. Gonna have to re-watch it. Unless he isn’t in the anime. Luckily I have it on Blu-ray.

I think I may have meant the director’s son who’d be the warden.
He abandoned his mother to her death for video games. Hurrah for video games :slightly_smiling_face:

… I’m a morbid person :blush:

“Don’t worry we have cameras’, we’ll find who did it!” And in case that didn’t work… we had the utmost security after that… HALL MONITORS, never mind that someone could get in trouble by sharing a name. :anger:

Well, that’s not as bad as Mizuki’s mother leaving her what was it 6 y/o or so self trapped under a shelf to die during an earthquake. And instead of saving her, the mother saves a damn flower. I was so glad when she got smashed to death right as she got to the door. Divine Punishment.

Man, that principal should be fired, seriously.

At that point their reason was that there was no guy p.e teacher, so they wouldn’t let us use the spare locker room that they had. They trusted us in the hall instead. Because you know, lot’s of supervision out there.

Speaking of supervision anything about that casual murder the mc can do?

Ironically he used to be a gym teacher.

Well, that’s not as bad as the director who redacted.

Man, in that case I just would have risked being late and tossed my crap in my own locker.

Ah, is the warden the skinny, four-eyed asshat who framed Ganta?

On another note. Not sure how I would add a random punishment for lets say losing a sparring match. I want to have the punishments be less severe the younger they are and get more violent as they age. So like say a 10 year old would maybe get electroshock’s, week of no meals, solitary, small beatings, etc. While say a 15 year old or so may get their tongue cut out, etc. While the adults would get the worst of it. But I’m a beginner when it comes to coding with CS, so not sure how to make a random punishment happen, based on the ones I have for a particular age group.

The haunted house game did it, and lost heir for its names.

He just really liked video games, did nothing wrong :blush:, yeah but his dad’s worse.

Luckily it wasn’t high school, they’d withhold credit for a course for that.

I know of Lost Heir, loved that series and Jess. But can’t recall a haunted house one, other than the one that came out recently Heart of the House? Or something like that.

Probably in the manga then, I don’t recall the dad in the anime.

For a tardy? Sheesh, glad my school wasn’t that bad. I think the most my school did for tardy’s was give an absence if you got so many in a row.