Rock Star - Buggy or just me?

Seems kinda silly that if you stay indie the game ends. And I also had “problems with Uno again” when there were no problems.

While playing again the corporate guy…Joe Greenbacks or whatever the heck his name is…the suit…yeah I didn’t even get his attention or his card at any point choosing to be indie. Then in the game later, when he goes to sign you on, I got the same scenario that I got when I played the game originally and did have my character talk to him.

That part where he’s like, “You’re the knucklehead that couldn’t be bothered giving me a call” or something and you are told about how he talked to you after that chance meeting at the bar and stuff.

Anyway that’s sort of an issue. I also found a couple others I think. I took one screenshot. Hmmm will look for more. XD

I really like this game, but I also experienced the bug where Uno shows up even though I chose not to hire him. The drummer the game hires for you was female when she was hired, but male by the time he puked on the drum kit.

I really like the game tho. Very cool.

Edit: Uno shows up at the show you have the option to call Greenbacks to. He played extended solos and I “ripped into him after the show”

He seems to be gone again.

Second edit: My band just ended after talking to the talk show guy before I put out an album. Same “writing on the wall” as the guy above.

Also, the button to buy says $2.99 however it only bills $1.99. I feel like that could possibly affect sales to those who are not regular customers.

I think the game was on sale for a short time, maybe that sale is still going on.

Some of these errors (such as gender swapping) seem to have appeared in a few releases now, I don’t suppose it’s got anything to do with platform specific bugs?
Do your current beta plans involve testing the game on all devices, or are you relying solely on testing the web version? Perhaps there is something wrong with the iOS and/or Kindle wrappers?
It just seems too unlikely that multiple games from different authors (who will likely make different mistakes to one another) all have the same gender swapping bug, even after such extensive beta testing.

Yeah, I have to add my experience here. I’m pretty annoyed since I paid for this and the bugs are pretty bad.
When I was getting band members together, I chose a band of 4 people and Casper said something along the lines of “No, this is way too big,” so I went back and changed it to only 3 members. Then he said “We need more members if we’re going to be taken seriously, like 4 or 5,” so I went back again and eventually I just had to tell him he didn’t get a say which resulted in him leaving the band, even though I’d tried to change it to his specifications.
I also had problems with Uno and Sludge, though with Uno it was like “there are problems again” when I’d never had a problem with them. Sludge wasn’t even in my band.
Then, after a show (the first one after we got a contract), I was told to go talk to some guy. I brought V with me. There was no conversation or anything, it skipped to me being back with the band and seeing that my girlfriend was getting along with everyone. Then there was some “writing on the wall” and suddenly I was out. Like, it was literally the paragraph after “Yay, your girlfriend’s really getting in good with the band.” So either it skipped or the game’s really short and the plot’s more than a bit fractured.

@staubfinger I can only apologize. We’ve taken the bug reports and some continuity tests and the author has a patch that he emailed me about a few hours ago. I’m on a plane back from a wedding right now, but when I get home I hope to be able to sit down and submit the patch.

Thank you for your patience.

There is always the Uno problem!

You don’t get the special trophy for being a punk band, even if you get the ending.

You always sell out when you signed with joey.

There is some glitches regarding the perfect song.

Love the game a lot , rock n roll

@jasonstevanhill Sorry for sounding snappy, I’ve been super stressed lately. I understand that y’all are trying your hardest and the game is good… just buggy is all. Have a pleasant week. :slight_smile:

The only problem that I encountered was gender switching of the mc’s girlfriend/boyfriend, and that was it. Amazing game, by the way.