We’re proud to announce that Revolution Diabolique , the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the “Choice of Games” app.
It’s 20% off until March 3rd!
Summon demons to win the French Revolution! Will you uphold the Republic, restore the monarchy, rule France yourself, or lose your head?
Revolution Diabolique is a 425,000-word interactive dark fantasy novel by Chris Conley. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
As a demonologist in eighteenth-century France, you study the world’s most dangerous forbidden magic in the safety of your provincial estate. You can summon forth a breathtaking variety of demons: some creep subtly around your enemies to confuse and distract them; some appear as terrifying monsters; some guide you towards unlocking even deeper secrets of the universe.
Now that the flames of revolution are beginning to kindle, you cannot hold yourself apart from politics for long. Every faction—monarchists, republicans, peasants, intellectuals, anarchists—would love to benefit from your power. Where will you send your demons? Will you unleash their power on the battlefield to aid or hinder the Revolution’s armies—or march on Paris itself? Will you lead a political faction with the secret knowledge that you have gained? Will you inspire a new cult dedicated to demons?
But all power comes with a price, and as you rise up, you will need to sacrifice something: your reputation, your fortune, your safety…or possibly even your life.
When the dust clears, will it be you who rules France?
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, ace, or poly
• Rise to lead a faction of monarchists, aristocrats, peasants, or humanists
• Use your magical might to change the course of history - or to take down your personal enemies
• Build a palace to rival Versailles
• Bring the study of demonology out of the shadows and into France’s loftiest salons and universities
• Crush rebellious provinces with your demonic and military might—or join their uprising against Paris
• Pursue romance amid the Revolution with a Parisian professor, a decorated military veteran, or a mystical philosopher
• Lose your head to the guillotine—or use your magic to transcend death itself
• Enjoy twenty full-color character portraits
Vive la Révolution Diabolique!
We hope you enjoy playing Revolution Diabolique . We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.