Relics of the Lost Age (WIP) - Submitted, demo removed

Not in this one, I’m afraid: the route’s already planned out! But maybe in the third and final entry in the trilogy!

4 Likes

What is the timeline of the trilogy? How many years/months is the second book after the end of book 1? Will you touch (or at least the time heading toward) WWII?

2 Likes

Second one’s set about a year after the first one ends - so still not (quite) in WW2. The third one - you’ll have to wait and see!

5 Likes

Fascinating! Love the sneak peeks!

1 Like

And one more sneak peak. The first page of good Prologuey action!

14 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I so want to read this!

2 Likes

Oh I like this!

1 Like

Ah, getting captured by mercenaries, does seem like a normal Wednesday for our favorite archeologist!

4 Likes

Reader feedback sought: would it be fun, or game-ruiningly horrific, if I made Dr. Spillane fall into a pit full of massive hairy spiders?

2 Likes

As a Known Spider Lover, my vote is very firmly in the “fun” pile, but sadly I anticipate this being a pretty rare opinion. Maybe it could be a thing where the threat exists, but it’s possible to avoid falling into the pit, for those for whom that scenario would be a dealbreaker?

2 Likes

I suppose I could do it like the sex scenes, with their fade to black options. Ask the reader in advance how comfortable they are with extreme spider-horror.

5 Likes

Huh, I HC’d my Dr Spillane to be scared of spiders a while ago (y’know, like how Indy’s scared of snakes) what a coincidence! so what I’m saying is DO IT! (With the arachnophobia warning of course)

3 Likes

I’m a severe, severe arachnophobe, so I’m leaning no on “extreme spider horror.” With that being said, I’m with with a fade to back (or just about any other animal).

3 Likes

I’m all for it but I’m not arachnophobia, just don’t like them in general but hey, it’s Spillane not me, lol. And let Spillane uses whatever their skill to get out of that situation.

1 Like

Just put anything you like. Snakes, scorpions, squids, eldicth abominations, all of them works for me.

Except bees. Anything but bees.

7 Likes

Prologue finished!

13,000 words of fast-paced jungle action. And here are the first two achievements, because Mayan pantheon puns are the best kind of puns:

9 Likes

Yes Please!

1 Like

People can die in the prologue?! :fearful: Yikes, the stakes sure are high this time around!

(Love the lame pun though :rofl: )

1 Like

Someone can die as a result of the first significant non-stat-setting choice you face. I’m not playing around this time!

6 Likes

But more importantly, how will the romance with Maria go this time, are we on opposite sides again, maybe we can team up for a time? Is she working by herself this time?

2 Likes