Relics of the Lost Age (WIP) - Submitted, demo removed

I’m revealing sneak peeks at this point. That question’s too big to answer at this stage!

6 Likes

Hot damn consquences awesome. Quick queation though chief any idea what kind of weapons they’re will be this time round just wondering as I’d love for my MC to to be able to wield a sawn off shotgun on a motorcycle

1 Like

You’ll start off with your signature revolver, but there will be chances to upgrade!

6 Likes

Is it a spoiler to ask who the ROs are for book 2?

1 Like

I can tell you (it’s been revealed in the thread above) that Maria will be one of them. Other than that, there are two other new ones (one nb, one male), and also the chance to continue your romance from the first book.

3 Likes

If you were in a poly relationship with Esme and her bodyguard could you only break up with one of them or both of them? Are they going to be the only poly, which is totally fine by the way if so, I’m guessing Maria would pull her gun out at you if you asked once you two get together lol.

1 Like

So poly’s getting complex, but I always knew that it would from a coding perspective, so I can’t blame anyone but myself!

If you’re in a relationship with Esme, Abdul, or Esme and Abdul, then they don’t mind you pursuing romance with other people in addition to them. The only potential constraint is what the other person wants - would they be happy to “share” you or not? Some of the new ROs would be OK with that, others wouldn’t. So it could be possible to carry over a relationship from Book 1 and explore a new relationship in Book 2 at the same time, as long as your pre-existing romance is with one or both of them and the other person you want to romance is down with it!

3 Likes

Would Maria be okay with it or is it once you get together your gets hers along with her diabolical plans? And Spillane would find themselves hanging over a vat of acid if they were if someone else :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I dunno. I think she’d have a hard time believing that anybody who was with her could possibly want to be with anybody else. They’ve already got the best, right?

4 Likes

I mean she’s right though :woman_shrugging:

Maria: MC can’t think about being with someone else if that person is dead though :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Say, what’s everyone’s favorite Indiana Jones movie? I would personally say the Last Crusade, but it’s close.

(Also, Schliemannsghost, you might want to consider editing the initial description, as it’s out of date).

4 Likes

Last Crusade, too. Raiders is a great first entry, and has the best-written romance. Temple has an annoying love interest, plus all the racism, but it partly makes up for it by having the tightest action set-pieces in the trilogy. Last Crusade is just next level. The father-son dynamic adds so much to it, and the Ford-Connery chemistry is priceless. Also great action scenes (horse vs. tank, anyone?), plus dialogue that just sparkles, probably because much of it was written (uncredited) by the celebrated playwright Tom Stoppard. I mean look at this A-plus flirting between Indy and Elsa - pure Stoppard:

And I think that’s it. There aren’t any more Indy films, are there?

7 Likes

Poor Brody, such a third wheel in this scene! Also I think I agree with you on Last Crusade being the best. Like you said, the Father-Son dynamic is so great and the whole movie feels a touch more epic than Raiders. They kinda perfected the Indy concept for Last Crusade.

2 Likes

Thank the Maker we get a chance to upgrade the gun!

3 Likes

Last Crusade. It’s a fitting end to the series as well.

What’s that? There’s another movie named The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull? Blasphemous! There’s only three Indiana Jones movies, similar to how there’s only seven GoT seasons. Shame how they never got to finish that series.

2 Likes

I appreciate @Schliemannsghost’s game the most.

The movies, I always resented (although not as much as John Wayne movies) because the “role” they were teaching women to play/accept.

Here is a in-depth article that explains the way I feel better than if I had to write it, myself…

The fact that it has taken more than two decades to even have a “lady Indiana Jones” cast as the lead is too little and way too late.

7 Likes

I think Marian, in the first film, was ahead of her time in terms of the way a female romantic lead was usually depicted back then. But Willie, in the second one, was a major backward step, a horrible and regressive character. Elsa could have been cool, but it turns out that she was a Nazi, so fuck her.

10 Likes

Raiders of the Lost Ark all the way chief. Some the best fights and most iconic scenes

1 Like

So I’ve decided I’ll be starting a WIP thread for the sequel when I’ve finished writing Chapter 2. I’m currently well into Chapter 1. I predict a WIP thread around mid-November (roughly a year after I started the Relics WIP thread, interestingly). In the interim, I’m going to post one sneak peek from each of Chapter 1 and 2 as I write it. Here’s the chapter 1 sneak peek, entitled “Mine’s Bigger Than Yours”:

20 Likes

Sorry, can’t help it.

exhales

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!

10 Likes