Release date Estimates

Wouldn’t it just be easier if the author decides how the release date would be set? Either in precise dates or small or big estimates(If we’re talking strictly about the pressure and stress of the Author.)?
Although I have no knowledge really of how exactly it affects the “staff” of CoG/HG and Steam and wherever else.

As for the fans, does that really matter a whole lot? Being angry is human, it doesn’t automatically mean that they wont buy the product or influence others to do so.
To me it’s just a natural reaction and doesn’t mean anything special. If things turn personal or otherwise hostile then that’s a seperate issue or is it not?
The only other effects for the fans are the mood changes that might occur with changes, and disturbance in their planned economic spending. But I can’t see how that is more or equally important, to me that’s of slightly lower priority than that of the staff and Author who stakes their actual living off of the whole spectale of a release date.
That being said though, is it not individual for the fans too? In the sense that some prefer an smaller or bigger estimate of a release date, correct me if I’m wrong. It sure sounds a lot more difficult to fully appease such a crowd. But to my mind I don’t think you should have to.

3 Likes

It would be impossible. Even if author want to release on a certain date, they are not the publisher nor the publishing platforms, which are both a separate entities, having their own standard procedure.

2 Likes