Rainvale - (WIP) Update 15/08

That’s fine, I was just wondering. The name’s kind of an artefact for that character now, since the context for it doesn’t exist anymore. It was a Shakespeare reference originally.

I’m actually interested in what your reboot will be like since I already liked what you had so far. I hope you keep us updated when you get something solid and ready to talk about. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks ^-^ It might take a while, I have a touch of writer’s block, and I’m currently obsessed with Dragon Age and I can usually only focus on one thing at time. I’m making a little progress, mostly just sorting things out in my head before I write it down. I’m actually thinking of changing the time that the game takes place to about 2-3 years prior, which would mean a couple of big changes, mostly to the other characters, but it’ll allow me to have a solid overarching plot. Anyway, I’ll update when I have something concrete.

2 Likes

Why not have Angel be an RO option, and then just have him hook up with another character if the player doesn’t try to flirt with him at all. What I mean is, give the player multiple chances to flirt with Angel, and if the player chooses not to on each try, then have Angel show interest to the other character that you originally ship him with. In fact, why not do something like that with all of the ROs? That way if the player doesn’t get an RO at all for whatever reason, the player could still see how the other characters would react without them in a romantic way. This might actually make the game also feel a bit more realistic since in the real world people move on with their lives even if you don’t flirt with them. But it’s just a suggestion.

1 Like

It’s a very good idea, and something I was considering. Angel’s actually not in the reboot of the game I’m working on, since it takes place at a different time, and there are fewer ROs in it. In the reboot, there is one RO who if you decide not to romance maybe ends up with someone else, it’s kind of vague. In an odd turn events, said RO is actually the guy I ship Angel with.

1 Like

Is Ariel still an RO option?

Yes. Kinda. Ariel’s not a commitment sort of guy, but you can have something of a relationship with him.

I think I need some clarification. Are you saying that the player would always have to pick the flirt option each time in order for the romance to trigger? For example, if I get 4/5 flirts, the romance wouldn’t go. Is that what you are suggesting? If so, I can’t say I’m a fan of that. I wouldn’t mind getting a certain amount of points, but to make sure I get all the points or it’s no romance would not be fun for me at all.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know what they meant specifically, but if I implemented something like that, that’s not the way I’d do it. I’m still working things out, if you have any ideas. I’m thinking of just having the player choose who they want to romance, and then later on giving them a choice to break it off or not and pursue someone else. Or something else. There are a lot of ways I could do this.

2 Likes

@spunkycatninja No, what I meant was something along the lines of let’s say Angel (I’m only using his name as an example mostly because I already forgot the names of the other ROs, and he was the inspiration for this idea) is an RO you are interested in, okay? The game gives you an option to flirt/hook up with him, so you take it. That would basically be the end of it, you guys are now a couple. However, if you choose to not flirt/hook up with him, the game would give you a second or third chance to be with him. If you choose each time not to be with him, then he would move on and find someone else. That’s basically what I was talking about. I hope that explanation helps. If not, I can try again, though I have to admit that’s the best way I can explain anything since I’m not that great at explaining things :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a really good idea. And a good explanation, you’re far better at explaining things than I am :smile:

1 Like

@anon7953808 I’m glad you find my explanation to be a good one, it took me nearly 15 minutes to figure out a way to put my thoughts into words :sweat_smile:

I’m famously bad at explaining things. You should see the notes for my stories, the only person they make sense to is me, and sometimes not even then, which is why I usually don’t make notes for anything. I guess it’s good that the only things I’m good at remembering are my plots and characters :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok, that’s much clearer now. Thank the Maker. LOL
THAT sounds a lot better than what I thought you were suggesting.

1 Like

I’ve posted the thread for the reboot/rework here: A Veil of Rain (WIP - Updated 24/09)

@moderators Would you mind closing this post now, as this project is cancelled?

2 Likes