Originally published at: Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains—free update and expansion! - Choice of Games LLC
Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains, the popular game by Adrao, has been updated with 20,000 words of new content. This update includes a new side quest, four more romance options, more secret rooms, new monsters, and an additional spell, as well as new artwork!
This update is free for all customers who have already purchased the game, and for those who haven’t: get Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains on sale until July 13th!
The orc tribes of Icepeak Mountains are threatening human settlements. Do you have the courage and determination to defeat their clans? Try to survive deadly dungeons and level up as an adventurer.
Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains is a 140,000 word interactive gamebook by Adrao, where a combination of your choices and the roll of dice will determine your destiny. The game is text-based, with artwork allowing you the chance to actually see the exotic locations and dungeons you will visit on your journey.
You will start as a novice adventurer, either a fighter, cleric, wizard or rogue, and level up through a series of quests, either those related to the main story of the game, or other side adventures. The dungeons you will visit have some element of randomness to them, ensuring that even if you play multiple times you will still discover some new secret rooms and monsters. You will have to carefully choose between the abilities and spells at your disposal, and manage well the treasure you loot to buy a variety of objects that can help you in your quests.
• A gamebook similar to those written in the 1980s and 1990s.
• A dice-based RPG with Roguelike elements. No two games will be the same.
• Detailed branching narrative system.
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary. However, do note that there is no romance to be found here.
• Four character classes to choose from: fighter, wizard, cleric or rogue.
• Over 30 different spells to choose from. Will you use a vampiric ray to absorb the energy of your enemies and heal yourself, or the invisibility spell to pass by them without being noticed?
• Multiple types of melee attacks and abilities to use. Cripple your enemies with powerful blows, or adopt a defence stance.
• Dozens of magic objects to use, from magic weapons to potions or scrolls.
• Hordes of enemies to fight, each with their own characteristics and weak points. Will you manage to defeat orc warlords, overcome powerful elementals, and slay mighty dragons?
• Several illustrations to enhance your experience.
• Try several different difficulty settings. Play as a mighty invincible hero, or struggle to defeat the game on the harder modes. What is the maximum score you can reach?