Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains—Battle the orcs of Icepeak Mountains!

The orc tribes of Icepeak Mountains are threatening human settlements. Do you have the courage and determination to defeat their clans? Try to survive deadly dungeons and level up as an adventurer.

Raiders of the Icepeak Mountains is a 120,000 word interactive gamebook by Adrao, where a combination of your choices and the roll of dice will determine your destiny. The game is text-based, with artwork allowing you the chance to actually see the exotic locations and dungeons you will visit on your journey.

You will start as a novice adventurer, either a fighter, cleric, wizard or rogue, and level up through a series of quests, either those related to the main story of the game, or other side adventures. The dungeons you will visit have some element of randomness to them, ensuring that even if you play multiple times you will still discover some new secret rooms and monsters. You will have to carefully choose between the abilities and spells at your disposal, and manage well the treasure you loot to buy a variety of objects that can help you in your quests.

• A gamebook similar to those written in the 1980s and 1990s.

• A dice-based RPG with Roguelike elements. No two games will be the same.

• Detailed branching narrative system.

• Play as male, female, or non-binary. However, do note that there is no romance to be found here.

• Four character classes to choose from: fighter, wizard, cleric or rogue.

• Over 30 different spells to choose from. Will you use a vampiric ray to absorb the energy of your enemies and heal yourself, or the invisibility spell to pass by them without being noticed?

• Multiple types of melee attacks and abilities to use. Cripple your enemies with powerful blows, or adopt a defence stance.

• Dozens of magic objects to use, from magic weapons to potions or scrolls.

• Hordes of enemies to fight, each with their own characteristics and weak points. Will you manage to defeat orc warlords, overcome powerful elementals, and slay mighty dragons?

• Several illustrations to enhance your experience.

• Try several different difficulty settings. Play as a mighty invincible hero, or struggle to defeat the game on the harder modes. What is the maximum score you can reach?

26 Likes

Congrats @adrao !

Your games keep evolving, and you present very interesting concepts that always push the envelope.

The vamperic ray to absorb energy and heal sounds like a fun spell.

11 Likes

Congratulations @adrao on another great game release! I know how much work was put into this one. I wasn’t expecting it out for a few more days, time flies :grin: Always nice to see original game ideas being released through HG.

5 Likes

@Eiwynn @Jacic Thanks so much! It is a pretty experimental game, I guess the first HG that attempts something resembling an RPG. Let’s see if it works or not…

7 Likes

Congrats @adrao !! Was fun watching this develop from a bare-bones WiP into a full-fledged game.

5 Likes

This is EXACTLY what I’ve been wanting from CoG for a long time! I’ve been thinking of adapting my physical gamebook series for Hosted Games, so seeing this working is really a shot in the arm!

Really enjoying it so far :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@GreekWinter Thanks! :slight_smile:

However, note I inadvertently introduced a BIG bug at the last stages of the game, preventing you from moving past level 3 (day 6 in the game)… and blocking much of the game. I have just sent a message about this to CoG, hopefully it’ll get sorted soon…

2 Likes

Are there any artifacts in this game, and i asked the question about your series. (Is it possible to be a god in the 3rd book in HoV series)

1 Like