Hi, nice to meet you all. I'm an artist by trade, and have some questions about what choice script can and can't do in terms of visuals.
I realize these questions are very extensive. I'm not ambitious enough to try all of the below in one go, but I'd like to get a clear idea up front of if and how I'd be able to utilize my skill set for stuff other than the cover image. Thanks for your time and help.
So can you ... ?
1. Change the main menu buttons? Altering font and color, moving them, making the partially transparent, replacing them with images, and otherwise customizing and better integrating them?
2. Change the next buttons? Changing the font, color, shape, or even swapping in an image? I.E. a small shield for a fantasy game, and then the same shield with crossed swords for next chapter?
3. Change the BG of the game or stat screen? And have it swap out, by chapter or otherwise? To a color, scrolling border, simple image, or even an unobtrusive GIF, like falling snow?
4. Change the stat screen? Changing the text per questions above, bar color and shape, or even replacing some stats with small images?
6. Change the choice menus? Altering the text, button type, color, etc.?
7. BONUS: Can you add any music or basic sounds? Such as a page turning sound, a blip for achievements, or a SFX when you make a particular or important choice?
Finally, if Choice Script does not allow me to do some of the above, is it based in a code that would, even assuming all I’ve got is gumption, basic coding experience, and knowledgeable friends in a pinch? (I mean in the same way I've heard that the visual novel engine Ren'Py is based in and compatible with python.)
That about covers it, I hope none of this is answered somewhere obvious that I missed. Thanks to anyone willing to answer my questions in part or in full.