Psy High — Read minds, fight evil, and save the junior prom!

For Haley, you need to play as a male, break up with Alison or Taylor before the prom due to a disagreement and then ask Haley out as more than a friend.

Yeah I tried many times for Mackenzie. Not happening lol. Would have preferred her over Taylor.

1 Like

What I think it should be u should hav had the option to ask hailey out earlier in the game not when it’s about 80% done.

Actually, Haley is romanceable even if you are playing as a female. Of course, the same conditions apply if playing as a male as mentioned above.

I do think a great opportunity was missed by not having the player, if not romance Mackenzie, at least lead that way after she is dumped, or even getting with her but abandoning your old friends, etc.

And if someone has some questions about the Achievements, I managed to unlock all of them.

1 Like

To clear it up: You can only date Haley if you aren’t dating anyone else, you don’t need to dump anyone beforehand.

While an interesting idea, I think Taylor/Tyler fills that role thematically. With Mackenzie, regardless of the player’s feelings the protagonist just doesn’t like her. Sure there’s places where we can be kind to her, but it never struck me as anything close to friendship, what with her shouting insults at us and the like. I was glad the story didn’t go that way of the bitter rivals, bully and bullied ending up with each other. I thought it was nice enough that we could just symapthise with her instead of going “ha ha you got dumped at the prom! This is the best night of my life! I’m going to go find and make out with Steve!” (Was it Steve?).

I suspect she’d have just brushed us off if we’d flirted with her, or gone ewww, or claimed we were harassing her. She’s just one of those people we don’t get on with, and I bet that if we’d tried to hit on her she’d have made it a point to try and destroy us socially.

1 Like

And regardless of the player’s feelings, the protagonist is crushing on Tyler/Taylor. (Oddly, I didn’t find that nearly as obnoxious as being told how I felt about Black Magic in Heroes Rise, though I don’t especially like it either. I understand that it’s supposed to be a high-school crush and essentially involuntary, the player has full control over how they react to it, and the arc wouldn’t really work if the player could decide their feelings on the subject.)

And yeah, Mackenzie is clearly not intended as a romance option and wouldn’t work as one except in the sense of some really black comedy. Just because I was able to do something like that in a Witch Girls Adventures game does not mean that it would fit the story.

1 Like

I found Taylor/Tyler to be insufferable, while Mackenzie and the MC had that kind of hate-love relationship. Taylor was obsessed with being ‘perfect’ while Mackenzie is just the standard rich snob.

Hey I’ve not finished the game yet, while enjoying it so far I thought I’d let you know of a small inconsistency I found.

Before the Pep Rally when you’re contemplating how Jen and Will have been behaving my character contemplated how both these characters had been referencing ‘the long run’ and those other weird phrases they use, the problem there is I had chosen not to talk to Will again after I revealed him as the thief, so I would have no idea what he’d been saying.

It jarred quite a bit, as so many characters are introduced so fast I thought I’d got myself turned around with who people were. Not a big issue, and it didn’t interfere with the game progression.

@jasonstevanhill Unfortunately I can’t screen shot for you as I play on my phone not laptop, I hope you’re okay finding it from my description

@Azura I think the game assumes that you’ve seen them around school. There’s time that passes which isn’t accounted for in the game, not everything happens event after event.

I usually assume that with the interactive games. But it didn’t flow naturally to me because it says I actually spoke to him and fixates on that specific part of the conversation. It left me half wondering if I’d perhaps missed a conversation, or got two characters mixed up.

As I said, it was no big issue but it did jar and I was taken out of the experience for a moment thinking ‘Wait a second, when did he say that?’, which is obviously not ideal and I thought it worth mentioning in the event it isn’t supposed to read as such so it could be changed in a patch.

Although, yes, as events are broken up it is reasonable to assume they might have seen each other round school - to me it didn’t read like that though.

@Azura Can you find and copy/paste the paragraph in question if you can’t do a screen shot? I’ve been looking but can’t find the section you’re referring to.

@FairyGodfeather I’m sorry, but I played past it at the time. I’ve gone back through and tried to re trigger it but it didn’t come up this time. If I find it again I’ll let you know.

spoilers

This game was fun, loved how you could be a antihero/villain in it >:3. My char dated Carla and broke up cuz I was one of the bad guys, ended with Alison and was a ally of Ms clay. Also though, even when Carla broke things off with me, at the end when you could ask your friends to make a distraction, it was Carla who did, dunno if that’s right or not but I figured it worth mentioning considering she broke it offwith me lol.

I find Mr Pierce far too much of a human slimeball to even consider allowing him to get away with his actions. On that note: Does anyone know how to get the worst possible punishment for Mr Pierce? Getting him busted for tax evasion seemed to be him getting off WAY too easy for me.

But yeah, I agree with @Sylfaen and to some extent @Ramidel. One of the things that initially made me hold off on buying this for so long was because in all honesty, I instantly disliked Taylor/Tyler upon meeting them. Partially because I don’t find him/her very interesting and partly because being told what my character feels about someone in a CoG is one of my pet peeves. And to be honest, this game does that ALOT in the demo.

Anyway, despite that, after a few days of trying the demo, I went “What the heck” and bought it anyway, because Carla, the “model citizen” conspiracy and the psychic powers really caught my interest, despite first impressions leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

And, to the game and writer’s credit, it turned out to actually be an enjoyable game that’s definitely worth the money. Which is kind of impressive as I usually despise movies/games/books/whatever that are teen dramas, teen comedies, or have anything to with teenagers and high school in general.

@HomicidialFrog You can brainwash Mr Pierce or you can let him get busted for taxes. I think that’s it in terms of punishments. And you’re right, it does seem he gets away a little too easily. I’m glad that killing wasn’t an option though.

That’s actually an interesting point about Taylor/Tyler in the demo. Add my name to those who really didn’t like the character. (Spoiler for Taylor/Tyler’s ending) Especially since even if you date them, even if you do everything right, the ending still has them breaking up with you. I hated that. At the very least, in my grand heroic ending I’d have liked to have been able to be the one who broke it off because I found someone better. I think Tyler was just flat and dull, boring. We seem to be set up to dislike them too, from the start where we’re forced to choose between our best friend, who’s just been upset, and some person who seems really selfish.

Actually, I think it’s possible for Taylor/Tyler to stay with you. It depends on your stats, though. In fact, I think ALL the romance options have a stat that determines whether or not they’ll stay with you…

Maybe Taylor stays with you in the epilogue if you’re a model citizen, brainwashed by the Vinculum? I haven’t tried playing that way yet since I stop Mr Pierce everytime.

I’ll try and let you guys know.

Spoiler about Tyler/Taylor’s ending

I’ve read the code. It’s impossible for them to stay with you. The only difference is what time you break up. This was one of my complaints in beta-testing. Checking the code if you have a lower relationship stat the two of you break up in the Summer after your junior year. If it’s higher, Tyler breaks up with you. during the Winter Break when they return from NYU.

My complaint isn’t that it wasn’t a forever relationship. Few people are that fortunate. Just that I’d have rather that either we got a chance to break up with them. Or the text wrapped it up with us both going off to separate universities (or whatever) and promising we’d stay in touch and try the long distance relationship. At least that way it leaves it to the players imagination, it finishes on a note of hope and rewards them for pursuing Tyler and going in the direction the text was pushing.

1 Like

I kinda liked the Taylor ending the way it was because it felt like the player getting what he/she deserved for choosing her in the first place lol.

I thought of it this way- the plot tells us we’re crushing on that girl yet every choice that makes her like us more is often not pleasant. You need to ditch Alison, support Mr Pierce and the Gold Crown group, not be bothered with her opinion on students with powers etc. Despite all that, if someone chooses to be with her, I find it only fitting that it ends the way it does.

That’s just me though lol. Maybe someone really preferred Taylor/Tyler out of all the available choices.

Forgive me if this isn’t quite on-topic, but will this eventually be coming to Steam? I’m tempted to get this for my Kindle, the demo on here was interesting, but would much rather have my library consolidated. I own everything on Steam that’s been released by CoG so far.