Project Legends: The Battlemage (WIP)

As I get closer to finishing up chapter 1 for each branch I find myself at a crossroads. There’s a lot to write especially since you start off with three different branches straight from the beginning. Of course, there will be parts where the branches intersect that you will experience regardless of your initial family alignment.

The problem I have right now though is whether or not I should continue devoting my time equally to each branch (Which will cause overall slowly progress for the story, but each path will always be somewhat equal in length.), or if I should focus on one specific branch until the end of the story. This will result in faster story progression, but the other two branches will have to wait.

So I decided to let the community decide on what I should focus on.

What should I focus on after Chapter 1? Each branch equally, or on one specific branch? Or some weird compromise of it?

• Devote time to each branch equally
  • Focus on one branch at a time
  • Hybrid it. Focus on one branch till a specific point, and then catch up with the other branches

0 voters

1 Like

Focus on runic has my vote :laughing:

Honestly though, my real vote is #4 whatever style you’re most comfortable with. When I write I’m all over the place, I’ll have chunks of story hanging out in space until I can eventually connect it with the rest because I let my inspiration control what I write. Now that’s not to say I can’t just sit down and write from the start to the finish, its just harder for me.

7 Likes

I’m pretty comfortable with writing either way. I love the stories I have planned for each route. NPC’s specific to each route and events. Of course the Ancestral Magic as well.

The death scenes I have planned for so many of them :imp:

2 Likes

Judging from the feedback it looks like I’ll be doing a hybrid. Probably work on a single route for 2-3 chapters before catching up with the rest. Now the question is what to focus on first. Rest assured all of them will eventually catch up. I’m just undecided on what to focus on first, because I enjoy each path.

Each family path has it’s own pros, cons, and their own dirty little secrets.
(I’ll wait about 24 hours from now till I close the poll.)

• Runic!
  • Poison!
  • Possession!

0 voters

2 Likes

They’re always so much more fun to write than to read, though…

No one will die simply to die. When I write a death scene I’ll make sure that the reason it happens is because of your decisions or mistakes if it’s not a plot death. I’ll also make doubly sure that it is possible to save (most of) them.

8 Likes

Wow Runic is waaay ahead of the other two. I guess Runic is the majority favorite so far. I blame Max/Maxxie for this.

The poll will be up for about two more hours before I close it. After that I’ll devote my writing time solely to the winning path until I finish chapter 3.

3 Likes

Yay!!! In fairness I liked runic for other reasons actually, Maxxie was just a lovely bonus :smile: That’s right, I actually made a choice that had nothing to do with love :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Basically my thoughts too (except his name is “Max” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

2 Likes

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Class:
Starting Relation to PC:
Personality Type:
Possible to die:
Moral Alignment:
Body Descriptors:
Sexual Orientation:
Possible Romance Option:
Romantic Behavior:
Skills:
Affiliation:
Family Members:
Social Class:
Ally/Enemy/Neutral:

Short Backstory:

This is my character sheet I use for creating new characters (or sometimes I’ll randomly make one and then use the sheet to fill in the blanks.)

I was wondering if anyone has anything to add to this? Also if anyone likes the character sheet you can use it yourself if you want.

6 Likes

Surprised not to see anything about personality

It’s now been 24 hours since I started the poll and it is now closed. According to the results I’ll focus on drum roll Runic! Looks like you’ll see more of Max/Maxxie sooner than the rest.

Possession will be next. Poison will be last, but not least.

Also I’m planning on pushing another update possibly in 2-3 days.

@Lizzy huh. You’re right. I already have an image of their personalities in my mind, but I guess I never actually wrote it down. This is why I needed to post this for feedback :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yay!!! I totally feel like I won now lol

I’m surprised Runic blew out the other two. I’m sure in their own time they will find a devoted following of fans. Thanks to everyone who voted as well!

@Lizzy I updated the character sheet. I think it’s a bit better.

1 Like

Hm…I guess that is in bits and pieces included in various points of the sheet, but…what about their past/backstory?

2 Likes

Yep that’s something to add.

Maybe I should explain the reason why Golem has a rivalry with Pandas…

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your tools for writing. There are a couple of links that I have that can help in development but I don’t want to derail your thread so pm if you want them.

Well, just make sure this one is somewhat balanced, and you won’t hear any complaints from me. :innocent:

1 Like

Until you want to romance that straight guy :wink:

2 Likes

I have a feeling in my gut that our pet golem will soon grow attached to Max/Maxxie…and then they’ll start to become VERY posessive.

MC:Mooom! The golem’s hogging up Max/Maxxie again!
Mom:God dammit,not again.
The mom looks to the dad for some help.
Dad:Don’t look at me,I’ve got enough shit to deal with.