Police and Assistant Romance Game

I really love well done romance games, and while i do write a lot of romance, i’m not necessarily an expert.
So i want to start off with a nice short game in this community.
Would anyone be interested if i made a game based on the MC being an Assistant to a police officer that can be romaticed.
Any tips you guys could give me since this is going to be my first serious project?
Or any questions?
:smiley:

27 Likes

Will you have more romance options? Or is the police the main RO?

Is the police investigating a criminal?
If a criminal is in the plot, can we romance them? That would actually be a good idea. Because I love enemy-to-lover plots.

Your idea sounds really interesting. Hoping to see a demo soon! :smiley:

6 Likes

Fuck da police.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

19 Likes

Now we have to make donut jokes.
If anything is related to the police or cops, you know you gotta make donut puns.

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking about it until now since I was planning on making it a short game. But I really like the idea (I’m also a big fan of enemy-lover)
Thanks for the idea!

Yes to Anarchy!
Screw da popo!

1 Like

I donut know you’re talking about.

But in all seriousness, this could be interesting. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you I’ll make another topic when I have a wip beta so you guys can try it!

I don’t think police officers actually have assistants. For the most part, officers are the general peacekeepers and, in the event of an investigation, are the assistants to the police detectives.

Federal agents or private detectives would probably have more of what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

Well given how the team of the law enforcements is going to be small, I’ll make them detectives instead.
I really have no knowledge of the law and stuff :T

Well, as someone who’s planning to become a valued member of “the man” and has dedicated the majority of my life to that goal, I could probably give you some advice if you ever have questions.

And if I don’t know something, I can look it up.

1 Like

What is “the man”?
And thank you, i will keep that in my mind if i need help (which i probably will)

I have a question.
In a case, what roles are there?
I’m imagining someone has to gather information on the web, while another has to interrogate people, etc

The man.
The establishment.
The government.
Pigs, po, blues.

All the other deragatory terms for “guys in charge of keeping people from killing each other.”

There are separate jobs, just like how when someone applies to Walmart they can be a sales associate, manager, stocker, etc.
For example, Detectives handle investigation and crime solving.
Forensics handle the lab stuff you see on CSI.
Police offers handle the grunt work; patrolling streets, getting statements from witnesses, sectioning off crime scenes, and they’re the ones who make the actual arrests (sorry CSI, but a detective should almost never be at the scene when the arrest is being made.)
For what you talked about, police and forensics would to most of the collection while detectives look at what’s gathered and make sense of it.

However, while there are specific jobs, the people within those jobs are typically pretty cross-trained. In theory, every police officer should be able to fill the roll of any other police officer. Granted, due to the human element this usually isn’t actually the case, it’s the ideal that everyone be able to (at least somewhat) do everyone else’s job within their department.

Things get more complex and less rigid the further up the ladder you go. When you start getting into task forces dedicated to a single case, or federal agents operating in teams, they kind of start making up their own doctrine.
Not saying the go maverick and start doing whatever they want, couldn’t be further from the truth. But doctrine involving roles and team protocol start being more suggestion than rule. When you get into that, doctrine and individual role is decided by what the team needs to be getting done.

And of course, private detectives make up rules as they go. They’re civilians, so the only doctrine they abide by is what everyone has to abide by.

6 Likes

So i need your help here buddy.
A character that is charge of researching on a suspect on the internet is a:
A character that is in charge of correlating clues is a:
A character who is charge of investigating scenes and interrogating people is a:
And a character who is charge of the whole department is a:

Sorry to be so clueless about all of this, your advice really does help putting things into perspective and write something that actually makes sense. Thank you so much!

Whoever has the skills for it.
Cybercrime is relativity new and doctrine hasn’t fully caught up with it. Typically, cybercrime doesn’t show up on the desk of an ordinary police department. Cybercrime is a federal or task force job with people who have special training for it.
If your doing a street level cop procedural, cybercrime won’t show up in it.

Detective.

On the scene, forensics and police officers.
Detectives will most likely handle things in the interrogation room, but for collecting statements from witnesses on the scene, that’s given to police officers.
Collecting clues in the crime scene itself, fingerprints and DNA and blood analysis, that’s all forensics.

Police Chief, usually someone who is very senior and appointed by someone even further high up.

Again, if your story is about being the assistant to an investigator, street level is not the way to go. It’s too compartamentalized, too organized, and too much “everyone has a job and knows how to do their job.”
For what you’re doing, it’ll be either higher up in the federal level where doctrine is looser, or even lower down in the private sector where doctrine is nonexistent.

1 Like

If you’re looking for titles, this was interesting:

Maybe instead of making the MC an assistant maybe I’ll just make them a new recruit. (Everything seems so complicated)

I was mostly referring to catching information about a criminal from the internet, but i get it how i phrased that wrong :slight_smile:

That is so useful
Thank you!

1 Like

Again, that’s a weird spot.
It would depend on whether the investigator in charge of the case wants to go that route. The investigator in charge could do it themselves, or delegate it to another investigator, or have it further delegated to a forensics or police officer.
As long as it gets done.

Well, that’s what happens when you design a system to police an entire country.
Honestly, it only looks complicated from the outside. Once you’re on the inside, it’s just like any other office. Any complications caused by doctrine is fixed by the people who have to work in it. Just like any other office, relationships and personal communication lubricate the gears of productivity and keep it from being an administrative nightmare.