Police and Assistant Romance Game

Okay explain it to me so someone like me can understand.
What is a doctrine?

A doctrine is like the highest level of a belief system. Almost as if you have no choice but to believe it (indoctrinated).

In a single sentence: “Official statement on how things should be done.”

1 Like

Okay, i think i get it…
So how can i make the MC an assistant?
What do the characters need to be - their role - to require an assistant?

They could be working as a secretary (as far as I’m aware, they do have those in police departments), but they wouldn’t be very involved in cases because they would be attached to any particular detective or case.

You could go into the higher levels with federal agents and task forces. A federal agent is much more independent, and gets attatched to cases and task forces rather than departments and sectors. They go to crimes rather than police crimes in their particular areas, so it would be more reasonable for one to have a personal assistant. A Girl/Guy Friday.

Okay yeah, i like this idea.
So tell me how does a federal agent work?

Sorry if i’m asking too much ‘’-_-

Federal agents are weird.

For the most part, as I said, they go to the crimes. When something is big enough to warrant their attention, they’re called in by someone higher up and ordered to go there, usually as part of a team of federal agents.
This team will almost always have worked together before and have their own way of doing things built from personal experience.
When called in, they’ll take control of the investigation and any officers, investigators, and forensics previously working the case will answer to them. They’ll like handle their previous roles with the agents providing direction and working the clues that come up.
As long as the task force doesn’t break any rules (no brutality, no illegal stuff, preserve pilublic trust, the common sense things) and they are shown to be effective, they’ll be able to handle the case as they see fit. Which is necessary, because of the wide variety of case types a federal task force will have to deal with, human instinct and decision making is really the only thing that could work.

Okay yeah! I actually get it!
I might use that instead.
Two questions though…
Does the whole team have one assistant, how does that work?
And who does the federal agent have to answer to?

Assistant isn’t really a rank. The construction of a team is up to the team leader and who he or she thinks is necessary for the team to function.
If thy thin the team needs a secretary, they can get a secretary.
If anyone wanted to hire their own personal secretary, they could hire their own personal secretary.

I’m not sure. Presumably someone in Washington or the FBI Headquarters who handles the dispatchment of teams. And the FBI director of course, but everyone in the FBI is subservient to the director.

Okay i think i get it!
When i get a reasonable WIP i’ll post a topic about it and you can see if everything is correct to the fact!

Thank you!

Well it’d be great to finally see a game revolves around law enforcement. Public service workers don’t get nearly enough accurate representation in media, especially not on this site.
Something similar to “The Volunteer Firefighter,” a hosted game I couldn’t recommend enough, would be a great way to give people on this site a peek into the lives of law enforcement workers.

2 Likes

I get what you mean, though i can’t promise something so accurate given how i had no knowledge at all about it since a few minutes ago.
But i do enjoy games like that, though the game i’m decided to make is mainly focused on romance rather than the crime and mystery that you see in law enforcement games/stories.

It doesn’t have to be exactly accurate unless you’re making a sim. You can do an “inspired-by” interpretation of how things actually work in a fictional story.

Yes thank you for the support and the tips!
I’ll do my best.

1 Like

Question, if anyone can answer.
What city or state in America would guys recommend this to be situated in?

Make one up. Small town would be easiest if you want it to be simple yet easily flexible. The bigger it is the more you will have I add and the more details that will be needed and more things like a larger police department. Like where I like it is small but you go to the town right next to it and the police department is a good bit bigger (three story building with a good size holding facility in it) but the point is the smaller the easier the bigger the more complicated.

Okay yeah, that makes sense.
Thank you for helping out!

No problem! I am a writer myself and have beta tested a few games put out like CCH2, Lost Heir 3 and a few others so helping someone who wants to make a interactive novel is always awesome.

Well CCH2 isn’t out yet but you get what I mean

I just wanted to chime in and say that I love the idea. Romances are the best, and everybody loves police officers (sort of…). I’d be all for reading it :slight_smile: Also, if you ever need any references I have relatives who are special agents, so I think I can help out with any detail-oriented questions!