Peasant King

no it was fun, don’t deny it, it was very fun.

Ok (starts crying) u got me, I admit it *sniffle it was fun, it was *sniff really fun *bwahuhuhaa :-(( :-((

*pats Hunter on the back* there there dont cry, its alright, get it all out, its good that you admitted the truth.

Fantasy? I’ve mostly toyed with certain people having ‘gifts’ minor things such as always being able to open locked doors, know when someone is lying, etc, but no other races besides humans sadly. Or course the Devout see such gifts as proof The Sisters bless equally, the New Order at best thinks it makes commoners uppity and at worst believes they could only get such power through theft. The Traditionalists would like it if everyone would kindly stop freaking out and remember those born with gifts grows fewer every generation and soon won’t be around to bother anyone.

And yes, about that demo… It certainly makes me feel better I didn’t promise anything soon. Today I spent a few minutes happily editing a few things after downloading notepad++ and somehow I’ve replaced the little error I was encountering, and at least could explain, with a very big one that is quite the mystery.

twas a sad day when the boss man(JSH) shut are classice olde talk down

He didn’t. He just didn’t want us posting needless comments and cluttering the forums up.

This sounds a lot like another game on the forum can’t quite remember the name

@Mardam: I think it was called “Son of a King” or something.

@IndigoInsane:
Hopless? As in a village without Hops? So you grow up in a medieval village with no access to beer?

Wow, your base-born prince has already won the award for “most depressing upbringing ever”:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, how much intrigue are you throwing in?

Lots of intrigue, I love intrigue. I feel a little woozy whenever I get to try and wrap my head around the schemes and motivations of all the players on the board and how I should try to herd them where needed while keeping them on a short leash. So much that I can’t even keep track of my metaphors.

And Hopless comes from the hilarity that is the villagers trying to avoid blasphemy despite the best efforts of the tavern/inn known as the Dancing Priest. Which will be explained in game.

So they are a bunch of prudish dull peasants?

Nope, it started with an argument between the tavern owners and the local priest and then ended with the village church burning to the ground. After the priest fled to the nearest city and told the story a group of soldiers was sent out to get to the bottom of it and on the road they heard a hilarious (but entirely disrespectful) story about a hopping priest. However, when the soldiers arrived the villagers denied the entire thing and proclaimed they are indeed, Hopless.

That’s the short story at least, and you’ll find that without special effort the king-to-be will not be very devout. But that would at least leave him open to the radical new ideas springing up…

To be fair, how close-minded a religion is depends entirely on the people in charge and how dated the doctrine itself is. The idea that organized religion (especially Christianity) “held back” social and technological progress is a very modern one.

? I’m sorry, I don’t think I said anything that implied I think religion is closed-minded, just that this tiny little village mostly doesn’t bother with it, especially after running out the local priest. But to be fair, he did try and take on the only source of beer.

And I think I can say that there are many, many different ways of interpreting religions that have sprung up over the ages. It just so happens to be that this game takes place in a time when a fictional religion is meeting with new philosophies for the sake of drama.

Sorry, I thought you implied that a devout king would be less open to aforementioned “radical new ideas”, my bad.

How much of a fish out of water will our character be?
With that I mean has our step father prepared us at all for the eventuality as some sort of back up plan or is our character so woefully unprepared and uneducated as to be illiterate at the start?
If the character’s educational background is more towards the latter I can’t imagine my character being very enthusiastic about the prospect to the point he will possibly have to be dragged to the court in chains (especially if siad court is of the deadly and decadent variety).
Furthermore I’m unclear as to why a bastard would be preferred to the princess (or whoever marries her).

Otherwise this sounds promising as a political simulator along with tyrant dawn and possibly the Court.