Pay to Play?

Oh 50K is good. Why do you want to give it away for free?

Because I don’t think someone should have to pay for it. Yeah I am very proud of all the work I have done on it, and for someone to actually pay for it would really boost my ego, but I am also one of those people that sees an app and is prepared to download it but is turned away by a price. No one dollar isn’t going to bankrupt anyone, but I just think more people will download it if it’s free. Plus there are a ton of kids that like to play CoG games but don’t have access to a credit card so they never get to play.

I’m going to try to transfer my work over to a “Game-Book” format. It uses a lot of variables that are similar to Choice Script so hopefully the process wont be to arduous.

If it doesn’t pan out I’ll either get third party hosting on chrome, or I’ll just submit it here even if it’s pay to play lol.

its good your looking out for the little guys

Its not really that, I just want my game spread to a large audience XD

That makes a lot of sense. Games like Mobile Armoured Marine and Choice of Broadsides have a lot more downloads than the paid games. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the current fanbase were brought in by one of the free-to-play titles.

I know I was.

I was as well! I was completely roped in before I’d even played Choice of the Dragon just from the title and App Store description since I had been looking for a fantasy game to play on my phone. The fact that the game was all reading and “writing” a story made it all the better, and I loved it! I still love that game, and I play it all the time, over and over even though I know the entire story!

We are still willing to publish Hosted Games for free, but since Google shut us off from AdSense, we’ve found it much more profitable to sell games. We therefore strongly recommend that authors charge for games (and that they develop games that are worth paying for).

Yay! @Bradok looks like you don’t need to convert your game to another codebase. Yay! Will you be going through beta before you release it?

If we have one or two good free games to get google to take us seriously and answer why we are cut off from AdSense, would it be possible to re-deploy the free games system or will you guys continue to publish pay-to-read games?

I know that pay-to-read is much more profitable, but I can’t help but think it’s killed a lot of the fanbase… looking at the download rates of free games as compared to pay-to-play games, it seems fairly obvious that most people prefer the free games like I do.

Well tickle me pink lol. That just saved me a ton of work, and yes once i get the last section finished and my editing done ill be looking for people to testit.

right now im having trouble with money…
…paying wont help…
…at all!!! …

Dunno about that. Slammed! was the first download option on Ipad’s market, and Sabres was up on the front page too (this weekend).

Okay, great. Thanks @jasonstevanhill

dfabulich
Does that mean that the authors get to choose what price they sell their books at?

@DJ_CUTY it’s a negotiation.