OUT NOW! "Royal Affairs"—Rule the school or be a royal disaster!

Aw, it was a pleasure, @HarrisPS ! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Hmmm…perhaps a web traffic monitor connected to a citrus juicer could convert browser refreshment to physical refreshment?

4 Likes

When you try to restore a purchase from Steam, what it’s actually doing is trying to restore every game that’s linked to your Steam account, so even if it gives you an error message, it might be talking about something else and still have transferred the game you were going for. If you look at your account page after, it should show what did and didn’t transfer, and we can probably give you more information if you write in to support.

Super excited to see what people think of this game, it was a ton of fun to edit!

7 Likes

I had a crashing issue on the Steam MacOS version, and all kinds of things didn’t work to fix it until I refunded the game and then bought it again. It must have been some kind of bizarre billing issue with Steam, I dunno.

Just excited to play now!

Can you write in to support@choiceofgames.com with info about the problem you’re having? It gets hard to keep track of in a thread like this where there’s a lot going on. Thanks!

YAY! So excited to play this after work today.

2 Likes

Yess finally

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada::tada:

1 Like

Wait you mean we are supposed to play this AFTER work??

• looks around and slyly plays the book while acting like I’m being productive at work*
1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed Creme, but since I’ve already played through the last game with Sara Crewe (A Little Princess), Magda Von Westphalen (Legend of the Galactic Heroes), Lemrina Vers Envers (Aldnoah.Zero) and all the rest of my favourite aristocratic characters, I’ve somewhat run out of princesses. I haven’t needed to create an original character since Eagle’s Heir.

Character generation methods that spring to mind would be a character per ending/love interest, or per combination of high and low temperament scores. Which is even easier if the love interests have a preferred type, but less so if temperaments are unmanageable as I found the progressive stat in Creme, since choices like refusing to cheat in sports affected it. Though that was practically the only drawback of a game with a rich story, wonderful atmosphere and brilliant character driven storyline.

Do I need to play Crème de la Crème first? Will I miss anything if I don’t?

Oh My goodness! congratulations to @HarrisPS
So much respect for the work she does, the games are in great detail and I feel well immersed in the game. Having enjoyed Creme de la creme and now you return us to the prestigious schools once again. Thank you

I don’t think you “miss” anything per se; it’s set in the same world but at a different school.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Well maybe I’ll play this one first then.

2 Likes

You won’t miss anything in terms of being able to follow the story, but I recommend reading Crème first if you can, because there are some characters you’ll run into and other little references that refer back to it. Also, you’re definitely going to have some major plot points spoiled.

1 Like

Well that answers that. I’ll play Crème first. Thanks.

Not to muddy the waters further, but there’s an option at the start of Royal Affairs to mostly skip over references to Creme.

6 Likes

Between playing the KAE new demo that releases on the 31st(perphaps even new content in For the Empire as our mighty Cat has heavily teased) my timetable will be in quite the struggle to give this masterpiece a replay but will battle against these days to certainly do so.

Royal Affairs is an amazing novel indeed,can only recommended it guys among the best released by COG.

1 Like

Good point, and I’m sorry I overstated the likelihood of spoilers. But I do think we can all agree that it is a little more fun if you’ve played Crème first. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It will be more relevant if you play Creme first. Some events and characters will be referenced here. You could turn said references off, but you’re missing out on the (very deep) lore.